Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired doorbell no longer working after power outage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jwad
Tutor
Tutor

Our power in the house was half out the other day. When it came back on in full, our Wired Video Doorbell wasn't working at all, it was as if it still did not have power. We removed the doorbell from our Arlo app, I found the breaker that power's the doorbell and tripped it. The doorbell now has power, however, I can not add the doorbell back onto the app. It doesn't seem to "reset" when I push in the little button on the back, nor does it recognize the QR code when I hold my phone in front of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jwad
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, I tripped the breaker again then removed the 2 wires behind the doorbell and held down the reset for 15 seconds. I reconnected the wires, turned on the power, then did another reset on the doorbell. Went through the installation instructions and the doorbell recognized the QR code this time. We are back in business... for now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the doorbell and/or transformer were damaged during the brownout. Check the voltage at the doorbell to verify its within spec (16-24VAC). If needed, use Settings, Support to open a case for a replacement doorbell. Note that you have to have a subscription to do this.

Jwad
Tutor
Tutor
Ok I checked the doorbell and we're at 17.2. I checked the transformer and we're at 18.9.
Jwad
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, I tripped the breaker again then removed the 2 wires behind the doorbell and held down the reset for 15 seconds. I reconnected the wires, turned on the power, then did another reset on the doorbell. Went through the installation instructions and the doorbell recognized the QR code this time. We are back in business... for now.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation