Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo doorbell undiscovered

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Vfettes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just received my new Arlo video doorbell. I installed it with no problem, until I tryed to use the app to discover it and add it to my account. I got the doorbell to chime after using the QR code, but the app could not discover it. I am using an eero mesh wifi system with strong signal at the door. I have already disbled the 5ghz portion of the network and turned ipv6 off to ensure both my phone and the doorbell are on 2.4 ghz. Using the erro app, i can see both my phone and the doorbell have connected to the network at 2.4 ghz, but they seem unable to find each other. Any help would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13
Vfettes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently purchased the Arlo video doorbell. After a quick install, I was unable to get it to be discovered on my network. I have posted to the community board and gone through chat support. I have received not response to my post in the community. The bot says it is sending my information to a support rep, but then there is no further chat or instructions. I even worked to find a customer support phone number, but it just directs me back to the app. If i do not get help soon, I will be boxing up this doorbell and returning it. Horrible experience.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried performing a factory reset and onboard again? How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

Vfettes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, i reset it and tried again. I still get no doorbell found on the network
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running? 

Have you tried to onboard the doorbell over the web portal or another device as well? 

Vfettes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am.using the lastest version of the app from google play store on my Samsung phone, but also downloaded the app on my wife's iPhone and tried that one as well. I have not tried the web portal. How do I get to it?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Vfettes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, I went to the web portal on my computer. The link to add a device says the video doorbell must be added through the mobile app. So this is a dead end. As I understood as a new purchaser, i should have access to voice support, but that is greyed out in the app. I am very unhappy with the support you provide for this product.
donmacf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, can't find doorbell in app (both my iphone or wife's android), web app directs to mobile apps.  No QR code indicated, doorbell has power and activates chimes. Resetting doesn't appear to help.  Verified on 2 G wifi network, ensured WIFI assist off, tried on both iphone and android, turned chime power off/on, reset many times.  Oh well, back it goes, might have got a lemon (it happens) but unwilling to invest more time.   Strange that can't set up with web app and have to setup by wifi before use of base station. Cameras in backyard were much easier to set up, defaulting to Qcode via app. Some more clarity on light indicator would have assisted.  When powered on, doorbell ring, light goes solid white then flashes briefly (10 secs or so) then goes out.  Voltage on my current doorbell meets parameters.  I'm relatively handy with tech so dissappointed with product setup. 

donmacf
Aspirant
Aspirant

More details, chat with non-bot support limited to subscribers only, bot only directed me to resources (incomplete at that) that I have already tried.  Swing and a miss Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Vfettes

Thanks for the update. I have escalated this for you and someone from customer support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42872585

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@donmacf

Are you receiving the not "discoverable error screen" after the Arlo log finishes spinning? 

Have you factory reset the doorbell per these instructions here: How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

donmacf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, received undiscoverable error message on both Android and Iphone apps, reset a couple of times in between.  No need to escalate issue as I'm returning it to the store,  may be just be a faulty product, will continue to use Arlo with cameras, too bad video doorbell didn't work for me. 

chromatic
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I went through the whole process so many times (got it to accept the video doorbell but not through the base station).  I moved base station closer, reset everything, tried it from IOS and from Android apps.  Still the base station wouldn't find the video doorbell.

Then I read that the maximum number of *audio* doorbells the base station will take is 2 and I had 2 registered.  So I deleted one, and when I started the process again to connect the video doorbell to the base station, it found it quickly.  All working now.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation