Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Video Doorbell Issues After Power Outage

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
monzarottie
Aspirant
Aspirant

We experienced a power outage recently and when the power came back on, the doorbell chime (mechanical) triggered over and over without stopping. I ultimately switched off the breaker to the doorbell/chime. I decided to perform a reset on the doorbell unit, so I powered the breaker back on then inserted a paperclip into the reset hole on the back of the device and kept it pressed for about 8 seconds. Now the video doorbell triggers the chime as per normal, but the device will not connect to the basestation. The light ring slow pulses white. I ran through the setup steps again, and the doorbell cannot be found by the basestation. I also tried connecting directly to Wi-Fi which also failed. I am unable to get the video doorbell to display a solid white light ring. I'm a bit at a loss, thinking the doorbell may have partially died. Anyone have thoughts on what else I can try before I buy a new video doorbell?

TIA,

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

monzarottie,

This is an indication that the factory reset may not have completed. Try factory resetting the device again and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

monzarottie,

Along with the factory reset, did you also remove the doorbell from the app? You will need to remove, reset, and re-onboard the doorbell as if it were new. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

monzarottie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry. My original post should have specified. Yes, I removed the doorbell from the app/system, performed a device reset, and attempted to re-add the doorbell as if it were new. I can’t get a solid white ring light, just a pulsing white light. It triggers the chime (not Arlo) just fine. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

monzarottie,

This is an indication that the factory reset may not have completed. Try factory resetting the device again and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

monzarottie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James,

It finally synced after three more reset attempts. I'm back in business. Appreciate your help.

Roger

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation