Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Eodwoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be a reoccurring issue. I scan QR code, it asks to connect, amber light on chime flashes then white fade & then states it can’t connect. Using updated app on iPhone, doorbell, multiple cameras all work flawlessly???

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We have a fix for those experiencing issues onboarding their Chime 2 devices. A member of the Arlo development team will be reaching out via email to users who have posted here to coordinate the next steps to resolve this issue. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

114 REPLIES 114
alperdal
Aspirant
Aspirant

had exactly the same issue on my iphone, tried 5-6 times and only after I saw this post decided to try it on my ipad instead. worked and now my chime is functional.

raven87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wasted 10hrs of my precious time to figure this out.  

- Do not use iphone 15 for setup, its just not going to work (used an old iPad)

- Make sure you are on 2.4Ghz (or enable steering)

- Stand close to the chime2 while setup (I kept the iPad literally on top of the chime)

Overall, one of the worst devices to setup I have ever seen in the last 5 years.

Just got this device since most of the cameras and doorbells are all arlo.. (they do a pretty decent job), not sure why Chime2 is bad...

Given a chance I would give away all arlo devices and get something else for the amount of time/frustration to setup this chime.

Bill62
Guide
Guide

I’ve tried everything above including my iPad. NOTHING!

I don’t have anymore energy for this. 
I have so many Arlo devices and have recommended them to friends and family. It’s very disappointing that this issue has gone on for so many years, essentially unresolved 

raven87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it an older version of iPad? I think the trick is to use an older version of IOS. Or an Android device 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@raven87 wrote:

Is it an older version of iPad? I think the trick is to use an older version of IOS. Or an Android device 

Not sure that is true in the case of iOS - I think the issue is specific to the iPhone 15.

Rubdzl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue.

raven87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, by using an iPad .. iphone15 has issues in setting up the Arlo chime2… 

What device are you using?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We have a fix for those experiencing issues onboarding their Chime 2 devices. A member of the Arlo development team will be reaching out via email to users who have posted here to coordinate the next steps to resolve this issue. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

Thank you 

Sim84
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, just purchased chime 2.

says to scan qr code. 
the we code is very small. I have an iPhone 15 pro. It simply can't pick up the obscure small qr.

please advise.

many thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try taking a photo of the QR code and printing it out.

dmorello74
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having an issue re-onboarding my Chime 2.   Please have a member of the Arlo development team reach out to me with the fix.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S23+ phone.

Goremonger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. When I try to add the Chime 2 I get an error saying it cant connect to the arlo_innc network. Tried iPhone 15 and iPad Air. 

mreesharris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. 

Chime 2. ios latest version. iphone 15pro max. Have tried everything, wont connect. Apparently engineers have a fix and are reach

ing out to everyone who posts here?

Can someone contact me please

Hookm409
Aspirant
Aspirant

My chime will not connect either. Have attempted multiple times. Please send the fix to my email Arlo. 

Molat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, same as all the others here. Simply wont connect to the chime. 

Please send the workaround.