Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No geofence devices listed

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

273 REPLIES 273
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Remove the friends account first then go to the privacy center to check how many devices are listed. It should then only list your devices and you can delete the ones that are no longer in your network. Can you send a screenshot?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try login or logout/re-login to that device using the Friend's account. But make sure that the Friend's account is already accepted by the main account owner.

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

I removed the "friend" account.

Removed all devices except my current phone.

Re-added my friend.

They accepted and logged out/logged in on their phone.

(Names have been blurred in the screenshots - the weird looking text is me hiding names, not a bug in the app)

In the iOS app, I see my phone as a person to use for geofencing.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 130439.jpgimage0.pngimage1.png

On the website, I see it too.

On the privacy screen of the app, I see the old devices that have already been removed.

It seems like the device list is cached somewhere and not updating?

AnthonyN
Tutor
Tutor

@BrookeN 

Hi, could you please do the same for my account? I have exactly the same issue and was about to delete and recreate my account. I would appreciate your help. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AnthonyN yours should be fixed as well. See if you are able to see your devices now. You may need to log out and log back in.

@BrokenProduct let me look into this. I will reach out soon. 

AnthonyN
Tutor
Tutor

@BrookeN 

Thanks. I can see some devices now but have the same issue where I can’t remove orphaned devices that show up in privacy centre. 

it’s also confusing that even though my phone is named Anthony’s iPhone 13, it only shows up as “iPhone” under geofence devices and there are numerous “iPhone” available to choose from. 

thank you for following this up. 

R1BennettX
Guide
Guide

No luck. Logged both out and back in. No change. The friend device doesn’t have access to arrive/leave. It can only edit:create schedule.

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. After years of use Geo Fencing stopped working. I deleted all previous iPhone devices from the list and tried starting fresh. Presently the following errors:

• Cannot add SMS Verification, error is "Ooops! An error has occurred..."

• Cannot setup Automations because "No Devices" appears.

IMG_0241.png

IMG_0242.PNG

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Highway61 where did you delete the devices from? Was it the app or the web browser? Also, when were these devices deleted. 

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you fix mine to please as I reported this issue in august and have had nothing back yet.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Highway61  and @SBen both of you should now be able to see your devices. 

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted from the website Privacy Center/Account/Available Geofence Devices.

It had the wrong device and its name, so I deleted it thinking I could add the correct device.

The Two-Step Verification currently has the wrong Trusted Device and I cannot delete it AND I cannot add SMS verification.

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still cannot see the device. For a moment it did appear and it had the wrong name.

Rebelranter
Guide
Guide

Great to finally see traction on this issue for people.

Brilliant!

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have some devices appear in geofencing but it appears geofencing is t functioning on both devices and the log in and out of zone notifications are not working either

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I still don't have my device appear on geofencing

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
Spoiler

@BrookeN  geofencing seems to be functioning now thank you.  The log in an out of zones notifications don’t seem to work which is frustrating. But it’s a much better position than I’ve been in for a while.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try taking the friend of the authorized user and then re-add the user. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062761/I-am-unable-to-Grant-Access-to-my-friend-s-Arlo-account-how-do-I-troub...

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SBen let me look into this more and get back to you.

@Highway61 you are still not seeing any of your devices??

R1BennettX
Guide
Guide

Without following these instructions, my friend I had already invited (me on a different device and e-mail) and another I invited (my spouse) are now showing up.

There was an orphaned device with an old name that also showed up in the list (Privacy and arrive/leave). I was unable to delete that device (using the red bar icon next to it repeatedly without anything happening) from within my primary mobile device. However, I was able to delete it in the Web interface (on a Win11 PC).

The other irregularity that still exists is there is a device called, iPhone in Privacy and arrive/leave. I'm not sure which device this is. The names of the devices seem to come from the name of the device in the device's settings (they are all iPhone and in Settings/General, they are all named iPhone and the number they are; e.g., iPhone 12, iPhone 10; or, the name of the person; e.g., Lillian's iPhone). The one named iPhone with no qualifier is a mystery to me and I'm scared to remove it since it may remove another I wish to keep.

I will need to learn how to accomplish with schedule and arrive/leave what I could do in the old interface where additional modes could be created and I could combine things. For example, and I believe this to be a pretty normal use case, I want the whole house (all devices) to be armed if my spouse and I are both away OR it is after a certain time at night until a certain time in the morning (i.e., while asleep). The consequence of this logic is that if either of us return home, the mode should change to arm only the outside of the house and disarm the interior of the house. Any KB article that sheds insight into how this can be done in the new interface would be appreciated.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct, still not showing devices in Automation, so Routines not functioning.

I do see it PrivacyCenter/Available Geofence Devices as "iPhone."

I also see in Two-Step Verification under Trusted Devices as "David-E."

It used to be in Automation as "iPhone xx," but isn't there now.

So, two requests (questions). 

1. Add it back so I can use Geofencing, please.

2. Why does it have multiple names? Makes it hard to tell which actual device is being trusted and used. So, next time I upgrade my device I will not know which one is actually being used.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT.

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

Replying back because my issues is still unresolved.

That said, @BrookeN  has been more helpful than working with support via my open support ticket. Thank you @BrookeN for that.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BrokenProduct you are welcome. I am still looking into what you are experiencing.Are you currently working with the support team?