Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Is anyone still seeing the duplicate devices still? If so please send a screenshot of the devices that need to be removed as well as the the user id and a list of the devices that are needing removed. ( They can not be friends devices) Send all this information by dm. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

288 REPLIES 288
BrokenProduct
Star
Star

"My name is ****** and I see that you have reached Arlo for support regarding the issue with geofencing is not working. My sincere apologies for the trouble caused.

We understand your concern. Upon checking our internal resources, we could see you observed a radius observed up to 300, kindly reduced it to 150 and observed for 24 hrs. If it doesn't work, kindly let us know so that we will consult with our internal team and get back to you with an update."

Well, here's what I receive from support. This is zero help.

Why do we have to crowd source our own help?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BrokenProduct you can pick either large, medium or small. They want you to choose either medium or small and see if there is a difference in what you are seeing. Can you try that for 24 hours and then let me know how it goes?

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

I've changed it.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I'm skeptical that we'll see the additional devices appear.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BrokenProduct are some of your devices still hidden?

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

Yes. They both show up in “privacy” but not for the automation. 

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the iPhone15 your only device or is that a authorized users?

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

The 15 is mine. 
The 13 belongs to my authorized user. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you try to delete the iPhone 13 in the privacy center at any point?

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

Yes, I deleted all the old devices, then re-added it, per post #51 & 52 of this thread:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/No-geofence-devices-listed/m-p/1943721/highlight/true#M678...

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please do the following:
Remove the friend's account from Settings->People in the Arlo app

1. Ask the friend user to login to the Arlo app on his iPhone 13
  2. Send an invite again to the Friend and make sure it's accepted
  3. Check again if the iPhone 13 will show up again when setting up Arrive/Leave
BrokenProduct
Star
Star

I’m not sure this is working either, are you sure this how I’m supposed to delete them?

IMG_4050.jpeg

IMG_4051.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

something seems to be missing? I can’t swipe right or left on their name, don’t see any option for deletion?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It should say remove at the bottom of the page where you are at. Have you tried logging out and logging back in to see if it looks different?

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

Okay; logged out and back in, the option to remove them showed up.

I removed them completely, then re-added them.

They show up under the People tab, as well as Privacy->Available Geofence Devices.

They do NOT show up under the Routines -> Automations -> Specific people arrive/leave.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can I get a screenshot of what you see under arrive and leave as well as a screenshot of what you see  on Privacy Center->Account->Available Geofence Devices

BrokenProduct
Star
Star
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you check now and see if it is any different?

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

Looks like it’s fixed! Thank you so much!!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is great to hear! Have a great day. 

Drlbg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having GeoFencing issues.  Using support Chat, I was guided to remove all trusted devices.  Now, I have no trusted devices and no way to setup automations.  Same issue as many of the posters on this board.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  What is strange is that although there is no trusted device, I can open the privacy shield on two cameras using my iPhone.  Help, please.

Thank you.

Cls510
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem as you and so many others.

can’t get to add any new people under automations in the latest app.

support is completely useless and continually responds with preset text- wishing we had never purchased this system 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Drlbg  and @Cls510  did you delete the devices from the privacy center and now none are being seen?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Drlbg you should now be able to see your devices. Log out of the account and log back in.

@Cls510 it doesn't appear that your devices are missing. Can you provide more details of what is going on?

GarJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN ,

I cannot see my enabled devices since I "cleaned up" the account - I had a couple of phones and an iPad that I was no longer in possession of that I deleted.  Now, I cannot create any automations.

I see that you have helped others restore their devices. Are you able to help me with this as well?

Cheers, Gary

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GarJohn where did you remove the mobile devices? was it in the privacy center using the app? Did you remove your own mobile devices?

GarJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN yes, I had removed the devices through the privacy centre.  I must have removed my current device at the same time as all phones as appeared as just iPhones even though I believe I had named them differently.  

When I went into the automations just a short while ago, my current device is now listed but hasn't been there for weeks.