Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Is anyone still seeing the duplicate devices still? If so please send a screenshot of the devices that need to be removed as well as the the user id and a list of the devices that are needing removed. ( They can not be friends devices) Send all this information by dm. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

282 REPLIES 282
AnthonyN
Tutor
Tutor

Agreed. 

thanks for your assistance @BrookeN 

My geofencing is working now, although the app is very buggy and the available devices list and the naming of devices issues really needs to be resolved. 

Arlo support is woeful and it shouldn’t be up to a helpful and switched on forum moderator to resolve issues as big as this that have had no resolution for months. 

thanks again @BrookeN 

BrokenProduct
Star
Star

Trying to, yes. I have sent them the same screenshots as I posted in here.

Not sure if my issue needs escalation on their end and/or if there is a difference between here and there?

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did contact phone support as you suggested and after more than an hour the representative could not fix, so the issue remains. My device still does not show up in Automation/Geofencing so I do not have a working Away Mode.

I would just delete my account and start over, but the app warns that I will lose my paid annual subscription.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Before doing that let me look into this a little more. 

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still looking? It's been 5 days. Phone support says they escalated the issue 2 days ago and it's been silence from them ever since. Your product is failing and no one in your department seems to care. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Highway61 is it all the way blank? Is there any devices showing at all?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Highway61 can you check to see if you are now able to see those devices?

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

One just showed up called "xx," and its geofencing works, so assuming it is my iPhone. Can you change its name to "iPhone" so I that know what it is. "XX" is a strange label for a device. Thank you.

Gabepicard
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN 

I am having the same geofencing issue.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times... tried over and over to log out and log in and I still see "No Device" when I try to add automation Arrive/in/out.  

My wife and I have our location set to always and the geo-fencing set to on in our iPhone settings.  

Please help??

Thank you.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gabepicard you should now be able to see the devices.

brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

Hey All, I contacted Aldi support via phone the escalated the case and after about 2-3 weeks they were able to fix my issue. My geofence and devices I’m able to see again and works. Was able to do this without deleting my account or devices.

i did have log out and update app.

give it a try

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any news?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Highway61 to edit the name in UX4, user can go to Privacy Center->Account->Available Geofence Devices->Edit

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done that a dozen times, never changes the name in Automation. See screenshots. Day 9 of no results from this issue.

IMG_0258.PNG

IMG_0259.PNG

R1BennettX
Guide
Guide

Use the Web interface instead (my.arlo.com). I've gotten better results there for some things like this.

Highway61
Aspirant
Aspirant

R1BennettX, thank you for fixing my problem... I wish I could give you a medal!

rmartin128
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues here.  I deleted my geofencing devices from the online site because they would not delete in the iphone app.  Now I can't get them added back in.  I am now unable to set up any automations.  Any help would be appreciated.  Seems deleting them from online acct is where the problem is.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rmartin128 your devices should be unhidden now. How long ago did you delete the devices?

rmartin128
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted them yesterday or the day before. Thank you!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you send me a screenshot of where it was you deleted them from?

rmartin128
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey BrookN,

I had deleted the devices online with my laptop.  But when I went to add them back in on the phone I couldn’t.  I believe you fixed it.  It allowed me to set up automations again and I was unable to do that before.
Thank you again,
Becky
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

No problem, however can you send me a screenshot from the laptop showing the spot they were deleted from?

rmartin128
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_6177.jpeg

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you delete all the devices in the privacy center?

rmartin128
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did online, on my laptop because they wouldn't delete on my phone in the app.  This is what it looked like online after I deleted them.