Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Prior to updating our phones to iOS 11.3 all functions including the push to talk feature through the camera’s speaker were working properly. I had updated my phone yesterday but had not tried the Arlo app until today. When my wife got home today we tried the app on her phone and the push to talk feature worked properly. We then updated her phone to 11.3 and tried the app afterwards. All the icons are present and we get the push button icon but it no longer functions to get any sound through the camera speaker. I used the chat function here to notify Netgear and I posted a review on the Apple App Store that the update causes a problem with this function. 

187 REPLIES 187
Justinsweeney
Tutor
Tutor

Hopefully the Netgear Arlo team will provide an updated IOS App to fix this issue. 

wchoon
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Q of which the push to talk is not working after updating to IOS 11.3 very frustrating I have tried several methods to get around but to no avail. Lower the resolution armed and unarmed turn mic on and off reset the camera set to connect a different network but all fail
sellernewyork
Guide
Guide
I’m sure they’re going to come out with another update to fix that all we can do is wait
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Purely speculation on my part, but I suspect some security aspect of 11.3 prevents the app from accessing the microphone on the phone, or iPad, even though we have that enabled in Settings. If you notice, when you press the talk button the audio from the camera cuts off as it’supposed to and then returns when you release the button as it should. But the microphone on the phone is not engaged. So all aspects of the function works but your voice is never picked up by the microphone. It’s almost the same if you’ve ever been on a call and you can hear the other person but they never hear anything you’re saying. It’s been rare but I’ve had that happen and had to reboot my phone to resolve it. At least that appears to be what’s going on with the camera app, you’re hearing it but it’s not hearing you. This may require an update from Apple, rather than Netgear. Either way I hope it’s soon. 

MossyTown
Tutor
Tutor

My push-to-talk works with my Macbook, but not on my mobile app.  So, it's the mobile app and/or iPhone update, but not the cameras.  I just bought two of the Arlo Q and am pissed that this isn't working.  I had a NEST camera for five years and NEVER had issues despite going through several operating updates with Apple.  I'm thinking about packing these up and sending them back to Amazon.

sellernewyork
Guide
Guide
They are aware of the issue. It works on android so they just need to fix it on IOS. Hopefully soon (I hope)
MossyTown
Tutor
Tutor

The latest operating system update for iPhone seems to have disabled the push-to-talk function on the mobile app.  I just purchased two Arlo Q cameras and they are not fully functionally because of this.  The push-to-talk does work on my Macbook.  I had a NEST camera for five years and NEVER had this happen despite several operating system updates on my iPhone.  Come on Arlo...

Montclair
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. The 2-way mic was working fine before on my Iphone 8, now doesn’t. Troubleshooted and it still works on my Windows 10 computer but not on iPhone. I think the Iphone had a recent software update to 11.3. Netgear need to fix this!
sellernewyork
Guide
Guide
Yup, can’t believe it’s taking this long to update the app. All we can do is wait. It works fine on android
Buxwheat
Aspirant
Aspirant

The two way feature does not work on my iPhone 7+, but it does on my older model iPad (30 pin). I can hear what the camera's mic picks up, but the person that is on camera can't hear what I'm transmitting from my phone. They can hear over the camera's speaker when I transmit from the iPad. I have the latest app on both devices and I have iOS 11.3 on the phone. The mic and speaker are both turned on in the settings on the phone and in the app. Firmware up to date on the cameras. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

piratheepan
Aspirant
Aspirant

please look at the latest update the arlo pro cameras received.

i have the latest iOS on my phone, i was able to use the mic feature of on the Arlo Pro, but Arlo Pro said there is an available update, as soon as i updated it, it stopped working

adraper12
Star
Star
What app version are you using?
piratheepan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo App: 2.4.9

iOS: 11.3

iPhone: x and 8 plus

Arlo pro: 1.092.0.8_17203

i didnt check what version the Arlo pro came with, i should have.

adraper12
Star
Star
Yeah still not working. Contact them and let them know. I spoke with them last week and they said they were working on it. Maybe the more they here from us the quicker this will happen
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

I can confirm that this still does not work on either iPhone or iPad. 

chrdur2745
Guide
Guide

I have 2 Arlo Pro cameras systems in different locations. 1 camera system works fine and the other is worthless.  I am having continuous issues with recording, motion activation, audio, etc.  I have tried everything from rebooting the system to deleting the app and reinstalling it several times. Nothing seems to work.  Please advise if there are any other solutions I can try.

Also, there is an issue with ios 11.3 and Arlo audio when speaking in the camera. My husband has a Samsung phone and he can speak through the camera audio with no problems.

Netgear  - when are you going to fix the audio issue??????   

Better yet, please send me a new 4 camera system!!!!!  Maybe it will work when recording sense the one camera system I have is worthless.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you yelled at Apple, too? The 11.4 beta seems to have fixed this with no known intervention from Netgear.

davebeales
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

Same issue for me, push to talk mic not working via the arlo app on an iphone 8, iOS 11.3.

adamkmcintyre
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I am able to use the microphone feature through my computer (microsoft) but when I try to use my iPhone running 11.3 it does not work. Please fix! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo engineering team is currently investigating an issue with using the push to talk feature on iOS 11.3. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

The problem with the push to talk audio is with iOS 11.3, not netgear/arlo. Either apple changed something or they introduced a bug by accident. Proof is that on iOS 11.4 the issue is fixed and Arlo changed nothing in the app. More proof is the audio works on Android nougat and oreo, and also works on the web interface.

Spiroman69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got mine working by going into settings then going to the arlo app and turning off and on the microphone access for arlo

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Tried toggling off and on all microphone and speaker settings. No change. 

Mnevez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can’t access camera speaker either. Didn’t know why until now. I am using iOS 11.3. You would think Apple would have better communications with companies that use their platform. So do we wait?