Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why isn’t my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera detecting motion?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DaveShoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 of the pro wireless cameras on my system.  All 3 worked perfect for about a week.  Then 2 of them stopped sensing motion. The remaining one is still working fine.  I've gone through all of the troubleshooting and reset the whole thing with no luck. The ONLY thing I can see that is different is when I go to my "Devices" screen, at the top of the picture of each camera there is the sound, motion, battery, etc indicators.  On the 2 cameras that wont work, the motion indicator is not black like it is on the one camera that works.  I'm assuming that is part of the issue however those 2 cameras are setup exacly the same as the one that is working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Dave, it sounds like the Mode that activates motion record is wrong...

On the LIVE view screen at top of each cam, the " running man " should be BLACK if motion detect is on.

When Gray, it is off.

So, go to SETTINGS and for the two cams Not working , Use REMOVE DEVICE.

After both gone, open and close battery doors, then bring them back as if new ( resync )

Try ARMED mode again and go and check running man...if all black, test for motion record

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
DaveShoe, please review the following guides to further troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing with motion detection not working on two of your cameras:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Why-isn-t-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-A...
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Dave, it sounds like the Mode that activates motion record is wrong...

On the LIVE view screen at top of each cam, the " running man " should be BLACK if motion detect is on.

When Gray, it is off.

So, go to SETTINGS and for the two cams Not working , Use REMOVE DEVICE.

After both gone, open and close battery doors, then bring them back as if new ( resync )

Try ARMED mode again and go and check running man...if all black, test for motion record

Morse is faster than texting!
DaveShoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Tom, that worked perfectly.  I also figured out what caused the issue.  I had gone into the third camera and exteded the recording time.  When I did that, it shut down the other 2.  I have rules setup for all 3 cameras to extend recording, but I guess you can only apply that rule to one camera at a time.  So I guess my choice is to have 3 cameras recording at the 10 second default or 1 camera recording for a longer time???