Unable to view video

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BBA1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a new Arlo pro that I setup today. Had no problem setting up base or camera. I cannot view live video from web or app. I have already reset base and camera multiple times. I changed SSID to another name and only have camera and base on network. I get a connection to media server error on the web and an unable.to connect error on app. Motion detection works and sends alerts but cannot view video. I've read all other posts about how to fix issue and still no resolution. I don't see I reference in wifi being an issue because I checked the channels. I have disconnected and the base and camera multiple times and still does not show video. Suggestions? About ready to give up and return camera.
3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Is all the firmware up to date?

My Cameras show 1.090.0.0_9945

and the base shows 1.8.2.4_10232

BBA1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
All firmware is up to date. Oddly enough I added a USB flash drive to the back of the base and the camera started streaming and working. If I take the USB storage out it stops streaming.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

That really is quirky!

If you have not already, why not try and do a re-install.

Remove the cameras using the app. reset the base to factory and start again.

How can I reset my Arlo base station to the default values?

Performing a factory reset returns your base station values to the default settings. It also removes the serial number from your Arlo account.

To perform a factory reset on your base station:

1. Use a pen or a straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the base station for about 10 seconds.

When the base station reset completes, the LEDs on the front of the base station flash amber. When the LEDs stop flashing amber, your base station reboots. Resetting the base station also removes it from your Arlo account.

2. When the Power and Internet LEDs are both solid green, tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device and log in to your Arlo account.

You can also enter netgear.com in the address bar of a browser.

3. Click or tap New System Setup.

4. Follow the setup instructions.