Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo 3-wire free spotlight cameras after 3months they don't show videos

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kathymmr
Follower
Follower

added spotlight cameras to my base station.  they have been working and now afrer 3onths they don't show videos on the app anymore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kathymmr wrote:

added spotlight cameras to my base station.  they have been working and now afrer 3onths they don't show videos on the app anymore

The newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) don't come with the 7-day free cloud storage that the older cameras like the Pro and Pro 2 have.  So when the 3-month trial ends, you lose the recordings.

The simplest option is to subscribe.  If you have a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000), you can also use direct access to local storage.  That has a number of limitations:

• Recordings only available in the app (not the browser)
  • Recordings only available to the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • no support for manual recordings or snapshots
  • no thumbnails
  • remote access can be difficult to set up, and doesn't work with some internet providers (for instance, Starlink and T-mobile broadband).

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kathymmr wrote:

The newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) don't come with the 7-day free cloud storage that the older cameras like the Pro and Pro 2 have.  So when the 3-month trial ends, you lose the recordings.

The simplest option is to subscribe.  If you have a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000), you can also use direct access to local storage.  That has a number of limitations:

• Recordings only available in the app (not the browser)
  • Recordings only available to the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • no support for manual recordings or snapshots
  • no thumbnails
  • remote access can be difficult to set up, and doesn't work with some internet providers (for instance, Starlink and T-mobile broadband).

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor...