Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire-free cameras stop recording after 24hours

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nomisol
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras work fine in 24hours after set-up/reset then they stop record. I can watch videos live but they do not record when there is motion and they don't send me notifications. They are in "armed mode".  When I try the manual motion test the cameras respond. The batterys are full charged and all three lights on the base station are green.  I have tried several times to reset the system with the same result - Everything starts to work again after reset but after 24hours it stops work again. Does somebody have a good advice for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nomisol
Initiate
Initiate

My system is ok now. Talk to support if you have the samme issue as me. I had to make som changes in my router settings. It's been working for a couple of days now without any problems.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is a weird one. You are not watching the cameras live when you see the motion right? Have you tried to contact customer support regarding this?

Smorse1
Tutor
Tutor

I also have this issue - Cameras work for a time - 24 to 48 hours and then stop sending notifications and recording clips until I use the app to reset the base station.  It's very random, but this system doesn't do me much good if it doesn't capture motion and images most of the time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Smorse1

Have you tried to reboot the cameras or up the sensitivity & test again?

Smorse1
Tutor
Tutor

all 4 cameras seem to stop, and then have started working once the base station gets reset.  Should I try resetting a camera prior to resetting the base station the next time this happens?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you know if the cameras appear offline when you notice the recordings/notifications missing that should be coming in?

Smorse1
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, the cameras still broadcast live images, but do not sense motion or record clips.  I generally only notice that they are not doing this when there was an obvious event that they should have captured a recording of but didn't.  Sometimes this can be hours or initially it was a couple of days before I figured it out.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Smorse1

Have you tried to remove the cameras from Settings . My Devices > Re-add & test again?

Smorse1
Tutor
Tutor

Should I do that while the cameras are currently working, or wait until I find they are failing to sense motion or record?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Smorse1

You can try this if they happen to miss some motion events again, this will help determine the cause of the issue.

Nomisol
Initiate
Initiate

My system is ok now. Talk to support if you have the samme issue as me. I had to make som changes in my router settings. It's been working for a couple of days now without any problems.