Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 74 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice

Time and date stamps are back but the jumping of replay to another time is continuing.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Android 3.6.5 update is still under a slow roll out phase. Please keep an eye out for your update as it's released in waves. 

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update @MikeInMelbourne

This issue should be resolved in the next Arlo app update v 3.6.5

This update is in a slow roll our phase, so not all users will have access tp the update right away. Although If you are on iOS, you can force the update by removing > Re-Installing the Arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

I have verified this issue has been identified and should be resolved in the next app update for Android. I will provide another update as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

74 REPLIES 74
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Accurate description of what some (probably many) are experiencing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I received some updates. The app update should be released next week sometime. I’ll continue to provide new information as Soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience 

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo Support just told me an Arlo App update is to be released for both Android & IOS on May 18.
Hurray!
Wrath007
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I try to review video clips from previous days, it jumps back to the current day while I’m scrolling through the video clips. Anyone know why?
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Interesting enough, my videos are playing well, buffering has ceased, and the hopping isn't happening. Today all seems to work as it should. Thought I would give you this feedback.
MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star
My Arlo app on Android updated this morning and so far, so good. Although, as Le22 mentioned, the jumping problem seemed less noticeable for me in the last few days as well, before the update. Cross fingers we get a few more years of stability now.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update @MikeInMelbourne

This issue should be resolved in the next Arlo app update v 3.6.5

This update is in a slow roll our phase, so not all users will have access tp the update right away. Although If you are on iOS, you can force the update by removing > Re-Installing the Arlo app. 

24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
Still happening here... still useless 😡
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still no update for me yet. I'm waiting for the Google Play Store to update the App - I'm stil on the faulty Arlo version 3.6.4 from Apr 26.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@24RobM

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
I'm still stuck on the 3.6.4_28451 version. Yes, I understand a new version is rolling out. It doesn't help that I haven't been able to use my cameras or subscription that i pay for for almost a month. I have a business in a high crime area and rely on my cameras daily. Again, if I weren't paying for this I'd try to be a little bit more understanding. There's no update available for those of us using Android. Add that to the fact that the voice communication on Android is less than horrible on a good day and it's making me seriously consider taking my business elsewhere.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@24RobM wrote:
I'm still stuck on the 3.6.4_28451 version. 

Not certain if this works on google play, but you might try searching for the app, and then seeing if you get an option to update it.

You could also try removing the app and reinstalling it.

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have uninstalled Arlo App and reinstalled and still have version 3.6.4. My Play Store shows all apps are updated. Don't understand why this Arlo update isn't getting into the Play Store.
24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
@Lilac
Agreed... this is bs... already looking into other systems
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
@ShayneS
Do you know if Arlo Support is investigating the Arlo App not being updated in the Google Play Store?
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just contacted Arlo Support & they said "Android App 3.6.5 release has been paused and this is being fixed at the moment". If I hear anything more, I will post it.
24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
Where's this update??? Nothing new for Android and the app is still useless.....
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Android 3.6.5 update is still under a slow roll out phase. Please keep an eye out for your update as it's released in waves. 

Thank you 

24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS
Is Arlo planning on refunding all of us who pay for services and haven't been able to use them in over a month? I haven't been able to get an answer from them...
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
A few days ago the buffering problem began again. The date problem had continued but since I was able to watch recordings easily it was something I could live with until the update. Well the update hasn't come available for me and this is really frustrating because having to wait for about 2 minutes to watch a recording is not the best for security.
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
That seems strange that you don't have the update yet. I'm on version 3.6.8.
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have it. It's begun to act up the past few days.
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
I guess I hoped another update was being released.368 is giving issues.
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
The missing timestamp and video hopping issues were corrected. They are not happening in 3.6.8. As for the buffering, I have had a couple instances of that and have had to power cycle my base station and cameras the last couple days. Also, clear the storage cache for Arlo and power cycle my internet.
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the information. Since this did occur prior to the other problems I was concerned about it. I'm going to see how it goes. Thanks again!