Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Watching a recording & it jumps to another time (Android)

Discussion stats
  • 74 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice

Time and date stamps are back but the jumping of replay to another time is continuing.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Android 3.6.5 update is still under a slow roll out phase. Please keep an eye out for your update as it's released in waves. 

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update @MikeInMelbourne

This issue should be resolved in the next Arlo app update v 3.6.5

This update is in a slow roll our phase, so not all users will have access tp the update right away. Although If you are on iOS, you can force the update by removing > Re-Installing the Arlo app. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

I have verified this issue has been identified and should be resolved in the next app update for Android. I will provide another update as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

74 REPLIES 74
ianblaise
Guide
Guide
Hi Lilac,

Supposedly they will release on update on May 10. I am fed up too. I have been looking at other camera companies. I'm thinking of switching to Ring but apparently they regularly sell videos to law enforcement. Let me know if you find any good companies. Arlo has been bull**bleep**. I just haven't had time to refund the cameras yet.
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm glad they have identified the problems bc things are worse and I missed the update regarding the identification of the issues. Thanks!
ianblaise
Guide
Guide
Le22* who knows if they will actually fix it. I feel so stupid for even holding out for them this long. My videos are utterly unviewable. If you have an iMac you can watch these videos but for me I don't so I have to use the app. The app being broken means that I can't even use the cameras. I have not been able to use my cameras for anything except live stream for 3 weeks.
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
I know you are frustrated. Thankfully we can use the Livestream. Although waiting is hard, for me, Arlo has been good for several years and I anticipate that they will get back on track. I hope that they test their updates prior to release.
ianblaise
Guide
Guide
I am betrayed as a consumer. Our money is a contract. It's actually not worth anything besides the faith we bestow it. I bestowed too much faith in my investment when I donated it to Arlo essentially. No benefit arose from the loss of money.
ianblaise
Guide
Guide
Arlo,

Where is the update?????
24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
Why are we paying for this junk? I haven't been able to use my cameras (which I pay for the service for) in about a month!!! FIX THIS!!!!

ARLO..... WHERE IS THE UPDATE?!?!?
eduardok
Guide
Guide
ShayneS,
Could you post some status update?
I thought I saw something like May 10th for a new version.

By the way, why can't you guys re-release the version prior to the time stamp issue as a new version? Then you may take the time you want to fix all issues, TEST IT, and then release.
We customers don't have problems if you take long to update the app, as long as the current version works and is not so annoying.
ianblaise
Guide
Guide
As soon as I got next check in returning these piece of sh cameras and buying ring. This country is in India. They are probably going bankrupt anyways so they don't care. If you look up Arlos history they outsource MFG and even tech support. The owners have no love for this company at all. I advise everyone switch to Ring when they have time.
ianblaise
Guide
Guide
ARLO,

you have officially lost my trust. I have filed with FTC CPA BBB. See you in court. I'm demanding refunds in all cameras. Here's to you going belly up.
Ian
24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
HELLOOOOO?!?!?!
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
No response from Arlo Support. No help from Moderators. Is this company going under?
Has anyone tried phoning?
Found this under the Terms of Service.
Corporate Office Phone:
1 (408) 638 3750
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lilac wrote:
No response from Arlo Support. 

I suggest tagging the mods if you want them to respond ( @ShayneS and @JamesC ).  Also, there's been a lot of stuff consolidated onto this thread, so it might be good if you also restate the issues you are still seeing.  (FWIW, I am finding it hard to tell what the current issues are - other than the library jumping around).

@Lilac wrote:

Corporate Office Phone:

I doubt that calling the corporate number will lead you to support (at least not quickly). 

Don't google for support numbers, that will lead to spam web sites.

If one of you seeing the issues has a subscription, then you should find a phone support option in the app that you can use.

24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
If one of you seeing the issues has a subscription, then you should find a phone support option in the app that you can use.

Tried that... got nowhere except uninstall app and re-install... totally worthless.

The issue is exactly that... not being able to play a video from the library without it stopping in the middle and jumping to a previous day's library
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
To Restate The Poblem:
The problem is with playing a recording on the Arlo App. While playing a recording from the Library, if a new recording gets added to the Library, you get kicked out of the recording you were trying to watch to the last recording on the previous day for that camera.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lilac wrote:
To Restate The Poblem:
The problem is with playing a recording on the Arlo App. While playing a recording from the Library, if a new recording gets added to the Library, you get kicked out of the recording you were trying to watch to the last recording on the previous day for that camera.

Thx for clarifying. Hopefully the mods will provide an update soon.

Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Continuous buffering, video hopping, inability to view videos from library consistently bc of frequent video hopping, lack of Arlo urgency on the problems reported when returning to the status 2 failed updates back would fix the current continuous aggravating problems.
claywalker2000
Tutor
Tutor

I am using the Arlo app on android. My first issue: When I select to watch a recording, after 5-10 seconds of playback the video switches to another recording from the day prior. I have to back out and re-select to play the correct video again, some times it will then work and play the whole recording and other times it will switch to that same video from the day before. This has been occurring for the past 2 weeks and doing it with different recordings from different cameras.

The second issue: I have quite a few cameras that record activity throughout the day causing a lot of recordings to build up. If I start to scroll through the list of recordings after a few swipes on my screen the videos disappear and the refresh symbol appears, the videos re-appear but it starts me back at the top of the newest recordings. So I can't scroll through the videos for the day and my only solution is to filter the cameras.

On both of those issues I have force closed the arlo app but the problems persist. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a fix? Thank you.

MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star
> I suggest tagging the mods if you want them to respond ( @ShayneS and @JamesC ).

Thank you @StephenB, that is a very constructive suggestion. As the name/timestamp part of this issue was addressed with the update of the Android app to v3.6.4, I can see how this consolidated thread would make it hard for the developers to try to distill the issues that are being experienced.

I also get the sense that numerous people are experiencing the "jumping issue" that remains when playing from the library in v3.6.4. I don't believe it is either isolated or random. Many of us are waiting patiently I suspect.

> Also, there's been a lot of stuff consolidated onto this thread, so it might be good if you also restate the issues you are still seeing. (FWIW, I am finding it hard to tell what the current issues are - other than the library jumping around).

As noted by others, *while any camera is armed* the library player can sometimes jump to a recording from an earlier date during playback from the library. Rather than simply swiping, it is then necessary to navigate back to the required date and time via the library screen. This issue appears to mostly happen if a new recording is triggered by a camera partway through the library playback. You need to keep constant attention on the timestamp to see whether this has happened - so it was less noticeable for the period when that timestamp went missing.

But that is not the only time that I have experienced a timestamp jump during playback. My cameras are armed only 12 hours per day, and a few days ago I was reviewing the recordings when the cameras were disarmed. This seems to minimise the jumping issue, so it's my current practice. However on one occasion a left swipe on the first recording of a day (of my timezone) jumped back almost exactly 24 hours, rather than a few minutes. This was repeatable at the time, and returning to the same recording and swiping left always did exactly same jump. But if I now go back and try it a few days later, it no longer happens! Anyway my point is that the bug is not only due to a new recording being triggered, there is something affecting the ordinal number of each recording that makes them seem to change on some occasions.

FWIW, I don't experience any unusual buffering when my phone has good signal, but then my cameras have been stable for several years and have a good wifi connection to the basestation.

Thanks to the moderators for their help here.

Michael
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good description. The buffering wasn't an issue for me initially but it is now. I was able to review video and then the hopping affected it. Very little predictable behavior. They need to return to two updates back and repair problems currently experienced before releasing further "improved" updates. The 10th of May apparently involved profits and such not camera and software updates for current problems. A Google search for Arlo may 2022 should show what was anticipated to occur so I think our problems have not been their focus. Probably the dog and pony show was the focus (of course).
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is his video skipping issue only on Android devices? Has anyone had this issue on Apple devices?
24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
I have an android running android 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have verified this issue has been identified and should be resolved in the next app update for Android. I will provide another update as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks 

24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS any idea when the next update for Android will be?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@24RobM

Unfortunately, I don't have an exact date, but it is being finalized and should be very soon.