Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
My cameras are experiencing an issue of not recording video to the library.  Everything was working fine.  Now they detect motion but are not saving video to the library. All videos for the month of May have disappeared from my library.
Apparently, this problem is widespread based on what I am reading as known issues.
102 REPLIES 102
Xga
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, sometimes I receive notifications but no recording on library, sometimes it works fine.

I cannot understand why.
ShirleyN
Tutor
Tutor

Spent two hours trying to get ARLO to connect and record and notify.  It worked for about 30 MINUTES!!  Now no recording thus no notifications again!  I'm almost ready to cancel the monthly billing and just pretend the cameras work to hopefully scare people away!!  Lasted 1 year 11 months!  Not worth my time and frustration any more!!  

Emarble3
Initiate
Initiate

Same here, nothing the library..  just notifications  

Datlene
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo wireless
Emarble3
Initiate
Initiate
Yes wireless
Anniebabyboo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone have a solution to notification but no recording. I have 3 cameras. 1 works fine, 2 won't record and sometimes they won't notify.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ho @Anniebabyboo

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

steve1102
Star
Star

I'm having the same problem. I keep getting a bunch of 'motion detected' notifications and the cameras aren't recording anything. I've rebooted the base station. I can see all the cameras working with 'live view'.  All have good working batteries. and I have a fast internet speed connection (1Gigablast). I've had Arlo Pro2 since May and have to say it works consistently about 50-60% of the time.  Between having the base station disconnect from the internet randomly throughout the day and now the cameras not recording, I'm pretty disgusted.  I've paid close to $1000 in equipment and monthly service so far for something that works about half the time. I thought Arlo was the better of all the systems I researched before purchasing.  Anyone have suggestions on a different security camera system that is consistently reliable?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @steve1102

Have you tried removing the cameras from settings >  My devices > Re-add them?

Frazz76
Initiate
Initiate
Did anyone find a solution for the cameras working on devise but not recording and calendar wont advance?
Frazz76
Initiate
Initiate
steve1102
Star
Star

I did unistall and reinstalled the cameras, but it didn't help.  I noticed that all the 'motion alert' notifications were being sent from my two Arlo Lights I have installed near the cameras. I don't have any 'rules' set up other than for the lights to come on when there is motion. The cameras are supposed to record when they sense motion too. So I should be getting notifications from both the security lights and the cameras.  I decide to disarm the Arlo Bridge which controls the lights to see if that made any difference.  The cameras did start to record when motion was detected.  I don't understand why they don't record when the Bridge is armed and lights sense motion. The Arlo lights should not affect or stop the Cameras from recording when they send motion.  I'm at a loss. This whole system is really becoming a mess lately; at least for me.  I've only got two cameras and two lights in the front of my house and two in the back yard. I shouldn't be having this much difficulty. I guess the technology isn't quite there yet with these wireless outdoor security cameras.

Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
Service quality of Arlo cameras has dropped since changing to smart notifications. My front camera has always recorded all motion & now camera comes on but doesn't record video. The screen shows last detected motion, but no recording for it since changing to smart notifications. It is set to detect all motions, but doesn't record them. I never had problems before switching over & am no longer satisfied customer.
Jenebean
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I've tried that and now I cannot get my cameras to reconnect to the base station at all - whole system is less than a year old.  

Jenebean
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried turning them off and back on, reconnecting to the base station and when I did that, they won't even show as being online now and won't re-connect  - whole system is less than a year old.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jenebean

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Anniebabyboo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I know it's crazy how much we spend on security. I spent a lot also and what really sits in my craw is that customer service is so darn hard to get ahold of.
I hope you find a solution soon.
Anniebabyboo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok get this....i had two cameras that didn't work. All of a sudden one of those two started to work and the one that did work is now stuck in motion detection mode. This has to be a cosmic joke.🤔🤨😏
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Anniebabyboo

Have you tried this link for Arlo Tech Support ?

Anniebabyboo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you...i will try it again. 😊
michaelooooooo
Initiate
Initiate

same issue.  getting notifications but no videos in library.  been happening for months.  very annoying.  please fix soon. hard to recommend product and service to others when it is not working consistently for me.  another month of this and Im calling ADT.  

Anniebabyboo
Aspirant
Aspirant
1st I am truly sorry to hear you are having same issue. Wish I had some advice for you.
2nd love the username
Jenebean
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried contacting them but I didn't get a response?? 

78Stallion
Tutor
Tutor
This did not work for my Arlo Ultra cameras, Hub is model 5000r4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @78Stallion

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support