Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
My cameras are experiencing an issue of not recording video to the library.  Everything was working fine.  Now they detect motion but are not saving video to the library. All videos for the month of May have disappeared from my library.
Apparently, this problem is widespread based on what I am reading as known issues.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

View solution in original post

102 REPLIES 102
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
Issue was resolved
Angel09
Aspirant
Aspirant
No recording.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No details.

Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
I called customer service & they resolved it. No explanation provided on cause.
christine412
Aspirant
Aspirant
christine412
Aspirant
Aspirant
How did they resolve this?
Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
They put me on hold to look at my subscription & said everything looks good. Log out & log back in & see if you now see the recordings. They were there. They did not answer my question when I asked, only said they were in the cloud.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Braddah what they told me was they somehow refresh your account with the cloud. But it didn't help in my case and was never fixed until yesterday. I didn't do anything this time as it just happened on Arlo's end. Arlo deserve stink eye from thier customers.
ShirleyN
Tutor
Tutor
All of a sudden no notifications and no recordings! Logged off and logged back in, checked settings. Please fix this right away. Arlo is my only security!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's working here. We need details for what you see and what you've tried. Check your active mode. Reboot your base. try both the app and a browser.

BNJTgrandma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have five cameras and all are working but 4 have stopped recording.  I have tried turning off and back on.  Internet up, all green lights on base.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked your active mode? What are the motion icons for each camera in the Devices tab showing, black or gray? Gray means they're disarmed.

ShirleyN
Tutor
Tutor

I think I've figured out the problem after much trying!  I might need to buy a new battery.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget the 1 year warranty. Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Jenebean
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same issue. How did you resolve?
ShirleyN
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a new battery and that did not fix the problem, so I did an online chat with ARLO support and they helped me.  Had to take the battery out of the ARLO camera, leave it out for 3 minutes; disconnected base and left it off for 3 minutes; restarted both; re-synced the base; then re-synced the camera and it works great now.  Didn't need a new battery but now I have a backup.   Hope this helps.  (when you re-synch, make sure the base and camera are within no more than 3 feet of each other so they can 'talk' to one another.)  

Cbrat
Tutor
Tutor
Not solved
Cbrat
Tutor
Tutor
I am
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Resyncing cameras is just busy work. The problem is on the arlo backend/firware/data centers. Nothing we can fix. Arlo engineers need to go back to school or to school for the first time and learn to code, test, debug, and fix.

donna21
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras slowing stopped recording. First one and then the other.  Batteries show 100%.  I can view LIVE but motion doesn't start them recording.  Suggestions?

brucelye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, my camera settings shows that recording is ongoing. However, i cannot access any of the recordings. can you please assist me?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @donna21, @brucelye

Have you tried to reboot your base & check again? Are the recordings missing in the web browser & the Arlo App?

luongo
Initiate
Initiate
I HATE these camera. Work sometime, but most times NOT