Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
What’s more infuriating is the fact that it’s stupidly clear that no one at netgear tested the app before release.

The fact that there’s whole threads where people are saying the people detection doesn’t work just proves Netgear/Arlo doesn’t care what it’s customers think.
Battman
Tutor
Tutor
Although it’s inexcusable for the lack of Netgears communication, an acceptable solution has been provided. Sign up for apple’s beta testing program (super easy) and install the latest public beta. It works.
Granting
Star
Star
Good pickup. I will give it a try. I had a suspicion the issue might lie with the iPhone rather than Arlo, but would have been very simple and smart for netgear to let us know where they thought the problem was, rather than deafening silence. I think they have made a big mistake. Will they learn from it? Probably not.
Linda320
Tutor
Tutor

When I go to "Live Feed" my entire iPhone X freezes up.  Unexceptable - please help!

Linda320
Tutor
Tutor

Same here!!

Theral
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro. Base says it's VMB4000 model, and we've had it for quite awhile.

My wife has started having issues with the app used to access the camera, and give the notifications

It's started randomly crashing and saying 'Arlo has stopped.'

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, which shes had and used with no issues since June, and there's been no updates or anything installed anytime recently. We've tried clearing the cache, clearing all the data the app had stored, and then reinstalling it. No idea what the issue is, I have the same phone and have had no issues. Can't seem to find anything online with the same issue, if anyone could help me out I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Linda320
Tutor
Tutor

BOTH -- crashes on wifi & cellular

EleniM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Every time I try to view live feed on cameras. It crashes my phone and I’m unable to leave the app and will have to force shut down my phone, I have the iPhone XS Max. It has been this way for over a week. HELP!!!
Linda320
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem 

Linda320
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issues

Frank0709
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem with my iPhone X plus today. Freezes my entire phone and I have to crash my phone. With the holiday season here, I have a lot of packages getting delivered and I can’t monitor what’s coming or if something gets taken. Very frustrating
SteveDT
Star
Star

Arlo crashes my iPhone Xs Max so bad, I can't even reboot the phone.  I literally have to wait for 2-3 minutes for the phone to just snap out of it, and reboot the springboard on its own.  An absolute mess!

DT12345
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try rebooting your IPhone X and this will usually fix the problem. This should do the trick...!
cmorg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called support as I am having the same issue. They simply said the developers are working on it and that it is a "known issue".. but no estimate or projection of time for a fix. Arlo is going downhill very fast.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating this topic. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

stevenAreardon
Aspirant
Aspirant

my xs max locks as well when tyring to go live.... NETGEAR/ARLO   PLEASE FIX THIS

Meehow
Initiate
Initiate

iPhone XS Max - same thing. Utterly useless. This needs to be fixed imediatly. 

Mpsmiffy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Likewise, new iPhone X plus Arlo now freezes in live feed mode and I have to reset my phone each time, extremely frustrating and makes Arlo pretty useless on this phone!!!
Andymack1966
Initiate
Initiate
When will the APP finally be fixed? Keeps crashing and freezing iPhone XS Max. Spent a lot of money cameras ....... not good enough! Pease feedback ASAP (and don’t suggest switching off Wi-Fi, I still get the same issue)
BobbyDNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Battman wrote:
an acceptable solution has been provided. Sign up for apple’s beta testing program (super easy) and install the latest public beta. It works.

Are you stating that iOS 12.1.1 beta fixes the Arlo problem or that there is a beta of Arlo 2.6.3 or patch update of 2.6.2 equivalent available? 

SteveDT
Star
Star

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not a viable solution for most.  We shouldn't have to enroll in the Apple Beta program and upgrade our iPhones to a beta version of iOS in order for Arlo's iOS app to work correctly.

Linda320
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted Arlo - talked to a tech.  They are having an ongoing problem and hope to have it solved by next week

Resqkel
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just downloaded the app today and it worked during the set up of the first two cameras and now it’s frozen! What gives?
kmarison
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sam issue here, I have deleated the  app and restarted and still freezes

I have the Iphone Xs

Kregs
Guide
Guide
My suggestion and work around is that just. Nobody is forcing anyone to enroll in beta. The process takes a few minutes plus a update to your phone which takes a handful of minutes. If your security system is important like mine than I rather have a work around than no camera. I don’t disagree it’s ridiculous to have to do that but it’s a option that works. The beta is also a public beta meaning it’s fairly solid and ps it also fixes some other issues with iOS so it’s not a terrible thing to be enrolled in. You will always have the latest apple updates before most which address many issues like bugs and performance. I hear Netgear engineers are working on a software update but it might be another week.