Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
msdeb
Guide
Guide

Lots of times recently when I try to view my camera activity on my phone I have been getting the message, "You are not connected to the Internet. Please check your connection." There is nothing wrong with my connection. Everything but Arlo is connected. What's wrong?

117 REPLIES 117
dcfox1
Master
Master

The problem started with the app 2.19 update and they released several since. 2.19.2 is latest IOS but some still have the problem and mods did state they are working on a fix but who knows when. 

Conbollinger
Initiate
Initiate

So I hooked everything up it worked perfect for a day then all of a sudden my cameras went grey ( no picture) and said it was off line but was still getting motion notifications?? Do I disarmed the base and one of the two cameras and now when I search for it to reboot it says it can’t find it... very upset due to the money I spent for this system!

dean350b
Initiate
Initiate
My Arlo pro 2 system has recently started giving me issues. For 1 year since new it’s been flawless (except the geofencing which is glitchy, but usually stable) but now it’s constantly falling offline.

I use my iPhone exclusively to interface with it. I started not getting alerts and when I go into the Arlo app, all my cameras show offline. I then go to the mode tab and my devices shows up black no status so I trigger it and it searches forever for a status, I then press arm all devices and that also hangs not completing its task. Sometimes it does complete and I find that my usual desired setting (geofence or schedule) isn’t correct.

If I can get the system to properly restore on my app, I then close the app on my phone but never get any alerts so I go back and check the app and sure enough all cameras are offline. Strangely sometimes there is 1 camera not offline and I can press play on that camera and it gives me a live feed. During this time while the 1 camera is working I go to the mode tab and it shows all offline!

I have rebooted the base station, remover&installed the system completely from my app, nothing fixes it.

Any help would be great!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your phone and reinstalled the app? Have you tried the web client to see if there's a difference?

JKS07
Tutor
Tutor

Getting the intermittent offline also indicated on the IPhone app.  I’ve cross checked the base station and it shows the center LED light amber as well.  Doing nothing it goes green again after a couple minutes and the system works again.  After a while, the base station drops off again and reconnects after a couple of minutes by again doing nothing.  It seems to be going through this cycle all day and night.  

I just bought the Arlo outdoor power adapter and an Arlo mount for my Pro2.  I was installing them when I noticed this new problem.  I had intended to buy the CVR plan for this Pro2 camera, which is why I bought the power adapter.  I won’t  be doing that with a system cycling on and off line by itself.  Arlo, this is costing you money too!

Pär
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have exact the same problem with my system.

It works most of the time but some times the cameras and base goes offline but I still get motion alerts in the app.

When the cameras are offline I can't see them in the app or in My Arlo on the website.
Have anyone a clue what it is or how to solve it?

WilkesJNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I've tried everything ... powered everything off, hard reset, removed all devices and re-added, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Some of these things make no difference and some cause the cameras to come online for anything between 1-24hrs before the problem reoccurs.

Following a previous comment, I have now switched off the 2-step verification and the cameras are once again back online. I've no idea why this would be or how long it'll last ... I'll keep you posted, not sure if Shayne can offer any insight into whether the 2-step verification is the root cause of the issue? To be honest, I don't even know what it's for!  

CP312
Guide
Guide
Thanks, I’ll give it a go again. Mine have still never come online even though my base station always has a blue light. I’m also not getting notifications and the cameras aren’t recording anything. Hopefully they fix whatever they screwed up with the most recent update soon.
WilkesJNR
Aspirant
Aspirant
After the 2-step verification switch off my cameras stayed online for 18hrs then went offline again. I flicked 2-step verification on then off again and they reappeared online again. I’m still none the wiser what the issue is now. We need someone from Arlo to fix the app or tell us how to!!
gflynt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem over several devices is different locations far apart. It would seem to me it’s an Arlo network problem.  Here is a screenshot. 

george

gflynt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried to post on this conversation and even replied to you with a photo of the problem. Any close to Arlo resolving the issue?  Can’t seem to get any reply. Great customer service!

george

gflynt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried to post on this conversation and even replied to you with a photo of the problem. Any close to Arlo resolving the issue?  Can’t seem to get any reply. Great customer service! How long does it take to see a post?

george

ArloTMBA
Aspirant
Aspirant

ORIGINAL Arlo base station and a mix of Arlo and Arlo Pro Cameras used.  We are having the same problem – not able to connect through the iOS app.  When we do, it says the cameras are off-line or the base station is off-line which it isn't. It's also telling us that it is Armed, when it isn't. The most concerning thing is, is that we go to arm it in the evenings and it will take it self off being armed. Kind of defeats the purpose with a security camera.  My major concern is, is that they are no longer supporting these original/older models and these glitches are pushing us in the way of the newer models.

Pluke
Initiate
Initiate
Hello,

Following a recent IOS app update my cameras/base station are frequently showing as offline. I notice this by clicking onto the app to view camera feed and the screens are blank showing an offline message. After a few minutes they reconnect but this is happening a few times a day. Also when I look at the base station the blue light is showing and connected to my internet. Does anyone else have this issue, as mentioned has only just started happening after a recent app update.
Any help would be appreciated.
WilkesJNR
Aspirant
Aspirant
JUST IN!!! Arlo support have updated my case to say a new app update is scheduled for the 15th which will resolve these issues!

Fingers crossed.
Jbamberger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the last week or so I have noticed that the geofencing kicks in further away from my house than it should.  This morning, it armed geo fencing but my wife's phone is still at home (we are enabled for both phones on geo).  I walked her through restarting the basestation but that didn't seem to help.  At one point I saw the same thing you did with the disconnected cameras but then they showed up.

My googling indicates that in the past there has been some issues like this, especially with Geofencing.  Sure, we can manually arm and disarm (and we would get used to that) but part of my reason for buying arlo was for the geofencing.

Anyways, I will try to update this thread after I get home later this afternoon and try to troubleshoot.

Alpah
Guide
Guide

I just realized whenever there is an update some people’s problems are corrected but others start having issues. Since last update my iPad is working but now having intermittent but same problems with my wife’s iPad showing not connected offline.

hope next update fixes it all.

JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue as many of you here. To base stations in the house both showing all three green lights. But cameras showing not connected to the Internet. One minute they are working the next minute they are not.
jbhardman2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whenever I open the iOS app to view my cameras, all of my cameras say they are offline. If I just wait 1-2 mins, they pop back in as Online all on their own. They are definitely not offline. If I log in on my computers browser, this never happens. They are online right away.

Just recently started happening.

iPhone 11, newest OS.

Arlo App 2.19.2

I have mixed devices. Some Q's, Video Doorbell, and Basestation with cameras.

Onno-Karl
Tutor
Tutor
Same Status in my Arlo installation:
Arlo Bridge shows three Status Lampe "green", which means Power, connection to camera and Internet connection is okay.
To get live screen is extrem rare. Trying this stops mostly with message:
"camera not available, please check internet connection".
In the meantime it happens around two weeks after rollout of the last Arlo app update.
Seems so, that app hasn'nt been tested bevore rollout !!
Griso79
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the exact same experience. I’m experimenting with my router settings. I’ll report back after 24hrs of consistent connection with zero “offline” episodes. But I think it’s an issue with the router switching between 5GHz and 2.4GHz. Causing the Cameras and base station signal to drop even though it’s still connected. Seems like it’s connected but in the process of flipping back and forth between 2.4 and 5Ghz frequencies. Causing it think it’s “offline” ... At least in my situation. I’m forcing my Arlo base to stay connected to 5GHz. I have xfinity xFi router modem. I was able to change this in their app. Just have your router split both spectrums of frequencies. Keep the 5GHz as your current WiFi name and password. And change the name of the 2.4GHz so it won’t connect. Give it a shot. Might work.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
So there is no option to complain about the app/apps on this community. Guess it would overflow.

Here is my problem reported to support a couple a weeks ago and they have said 30+ have reported the same and they are investigating. Since this is such a big problem I decided to share about it here aswell.

When I start the ios app all the cameras are listed as offline. This is not just the pro and pro 2s connected to the base station but also the arlo q camera.

It takes about 20-60seconds before the offline warnings dissapears and I can see screenshots of the feeds and play / stream a camera.

If I open the app lets say once every minute I would get this offline warning 3 out of 5 times.

Biggest problem here is if I would get a notification I would not be able to access the camera quick.

Another problem here is that this has broken geo fencing since I have to open the app when I am out of the zone and leave it open for up to a minute before it recognizes this and puts cameras to armed mode. Same when I or my wife enters the zone (comes home) they are not disarmed unless you do this process.

If I or my wife do not do this process no push notifications are sent to us so we are not warned about intruders.

This is a major issue according to me. I have 7 cameras and pay monthly for smart services.

Some other hickups related to this problem is that sometimes when you open the app you get a warning you have been logged out because a login has appeared on another device. I know for a fact this is not the case.

Anyway. Arlo replied a week or two ago that they are aware of this being a problem and are looking into it. But these many weeks to fix a big issue like this is bad for a company that deliver security services.

Also just realized all my cameras were moves from active to inactive state under the smart services and I had to move them all back to active.

Weird stuff going on.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo knows about this problem. I have an open ticket regarding the same issue. For me this is a snowball effect since it does not arm cameras when I leave the home unless I have the app open for 20-60seconds so the offline status/warning goes away.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary