Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

After updating to iOS 13, my geofencing no longer works. Shocking. Geofencing is the most unstable feature in this product. I find I need to open the app and then it figures out my locations has changed. Come on Arlo, does anyone test this stuff there?!?!

294 REPLIES 294
Dr_Henning
Tutor
Tutor

My Geofencing stopped working last week, and it was before updating to newest IOS, i have now updated to the newest IOS and it dosent works at all anymore, not on my phone IOS and my wife´s phone.. (Android) , how hard can it be to fix, and why are they promoting new products before the old ones are working properly, i for sure will not recommend any of the old products to friends or anyone.. Fix the Geofencing and the blurry picture, and if it works more than 4 weeks in a row, i will concider to invest in the new Pro3..

arlonian
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issues.  After upgrading my iPhone to IOS 13 last weekend geofencing is essentially useless.  Only if I open the app while away will it arm, won't disarm when I get home until I open the app, randomly goes into away mode while I'm home now.  PLEASE FIX ASAP!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @zkengle @chocdb

Are both phones running the latest version of the Arlo mobile App?

What is the version on both phones?

What device/model/OS are they running?

chocdb
Guide
Guide

Two iphones running 13.1.3 and Arlo version 2.9.1 (1134).

Seriously, it is absolute amateur hour at Netgear... I am so angry that I wasted by money on this piece of cr*p system from Netgear, you should all hang your heads in shame!!!.....

zakazan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed.  Same as as above, two iPhones 13.1.3 and Arlo 2.9.1 (1134). The new problem since IOS 13 is that Arlo app seems to disregard the privacy settings being set to always allow.  Every day, to get geofencing to activate, we have to open the Arlo app, and then it immediately goes into the correct geofencing mode.

chocdb
Guide
Guide

I have a number of other apps that "just work" as expected. For example, take Life 360 for example. This tracks my family, you can setup multiple zones as alert areas. I have four phones that use this system and not ONCE has it never stopped working because of an app or ios update.  It should not be that hard!

zkengle
Guide
Guide
Brand new phones both running current software. They seemed to be working the past two days but now today my wife's is stuck on 'in the zone', and she has her iphone 11 with her at work, 20 miles away.
PTDemons78
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I’ve had my Arlo for about 6 months now and it’s been great for me until recently. I added my girlfriend to the geofencing settings Because we have such different schedules and now something seemed to have gone wrong because my app will say it’s disarmed but the cameras still record us even when we’re both home. Does anyone have a solution or have ever handled this issue before? Thank you in advance!

JTDK
Tutor
Tutor

Geofencing still not working. This function is still not working properly even after we installed the new app for a couple of months ago that should have solved the Geofencing issues. We have 4 phones connected to Arlo, but it is very random which of our phones that are registrered in our out of the zone. We have two iPhones and two Samsung. It is very frustrating that we never can rely on the geofencing function and hope someone in this community have a solution for us?  

Chris001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi can someone help with this one. My wife and I share geofencing. When we are both out of the area my phone tells me I am out of the area and she is at home. Her phone says she is out of the area and I am home so the system disarms.
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just linking threads together.  Doing so only because of the asinine way these forums are setup by individual hardware device with no board just for the app. Possible to merge threads on different boards? I know the Arlo Pro one has been merged once already. There are others, some of which have been laughably marked as "solved" but these are the main two currently.

From Arlo board:
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Internet-connection-is-lost-Geofencing-in-Arlo-is-unavailable-at/...

From Arlo Pro board:
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Geofencing-broken-with-iOS-13-Need-to-open-app-and-it-figures... (this one)

Chris001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks
FixyYourCr_p
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't believe Netgear isn't responding, and this serious issue hasn't been fixed in over a month now. 

This will definitely be my last Netgear product ever!

Tomwebb81
Tutor
Tutor
Just for info Arlo is not owned by Netgear any more, I went to twitter yesterday and do have someone from Arlo who is meant to be contacting me to discuss. Don't hold much hope but I will keep the forum posted.
Tomwebb81
Tutor
Tutor
Also just seen an Arlo app update today with quite a few bug fixes. Fingers crossed
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Separate company yes but 85% owned by Netgear still. So you think they would care. The other 15% shares were offered as IPO last year and have tanked. No wonder given this level of service.
Tomwebb81
Tutor
Tutor
Bad news, app update doesn't look to fix it! May try an uninstall and install to see if that has an effect with the new app.
Tomwebb81
Tutor
Tutor
Uninstall and re-install with the new app on both phones and geo fencing os now working. Wonder if it will last? Also one other thing I did was I did the uninstall and re-install with both phones outside of the geo fencing zones.
Tomwebb81
Tutor
Tutor
Nope, didnt last, back with the same issue. ☹️
Whatarussh
Star
Star

Not sure if the problem is with ALL shared devices or just when the share device is an iPhone X on IOS 13? Anyone having the problem with other shared devices?

By the way there is an App update today but it doesn't appear to include a fix. Our shared iPhone X device was recognized until manually starting the App, like before.

Whatarussh
Star
Star

sorry typo, our shared device, iPhone X was NOT recognized in the zone until the App was opened. Just like before. This confirms that the App Update today does NOT fix the problem.

Might be time to consider other home security options...

ptmullett
Tutor
Tutor
Ever since the iOS13 update my geofencing does not engage properly. It will only change from Home to Away mode if I open the app after I am within or out of the radius set. Not sure what has changed.
ljharlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the monthly subscription required for the geofencing feature to work automatically? Since cancelling mine it only works when I open the app.

Started to say “properly” but we all know that nothing with Arlo works properly.