Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Elmar2001
Star
Star

Please move to old Firmware and App as soon as possible and make the system work again. A security system that does not work any more after an update is really crap.

You forced me and the community to move to the new app and renewed the firmware of the base station. Now the geofencing is not working any more. It says repeatedly, that the connection to the base station and internet is lost. When I am arriving at home, Arlo does not detect me any more.

Before the system run fine for a long time without problems. So do the customer a favor and go back and give him back a functional system. Immediately.

Thanks. Sorry, I am really angry, because I bought the system for security reasons and spend a lot of money and now it is not working. 

257 REPLIES 257
courtneyb22
Initiate
Initiate

Same exact issue here. When will it be resolved?

mrubin0818
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I contacted Arlo support, and had done 6 different things, change my address, delete cameras and reconnect them to account, turn on and off location to the app, delete app and reinstall, and many more. Still no solution. I’m mad because Arlo refuses to patch the issue. I have worked on this for hours with a tech and they just follow a script. I asked for a manager because this is not an issue on my end, and managers were refused all times. I’ve been told it’s been escalated but I don’t believe their lies. Still waiting for a fix but this is ridiculous. Going to buy other cameras at this point and burn my Arlo cameras.
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
How many people have they told that to and it hasn’t worked and Arlo have been told that yet they still keep saying the same old crap
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

On the Arlo support homepage, there is an orange announcement that says "Install the new Arlo app today to continue to receive alerts and uninterrupted access to  your devices and recordings."

Seems like a typo. Should say "unavailable" not "uninterrupted".

On a serious note though -- feel like it has been some time now and there has been no outreach, no sense of issuing constant communication to assure Arlo owners that the issue is being worked on. In the mean time, they have released an app update that supports dark mode. Huh?

Arlo, please, you have one job. You sell ONE product. There shouldn't anything more important than making sure the basic and core functionality of arming/disarming works fine. Where is the customer service? I had issues with my Echo and Amazon called me every night for 4 straight nights to help me troubleshoot and resolve. Feels like nothing is happening. I'm trying to be patient here but it's starting to wear thin. Fix it, or start communicating with your customers. People have spent $1,000+ on your product. You owe it to them to let them know what's going on.

BobB-ArloPro2
Guide
Guide

So, I took one user's advice and disabled bluetooth for Arlo.  Geofencing has worked much better (not perfect) since this change. I don't know if Arlo has made any software changes as well, but it has worked better the last couple of days. Still evaluating.

s0041464
Tutor
Tutor
Damn this issue sucks!
I had to start using geofencing because Arlo broke the scheduling ages ago. Decided it worked well so kept it.
When away, internal cameras trigger the base station alarm and this flaw means I get home and set off the siren all the time. Annoying AF!
I wonder if Australian consumer law covers products that can’t provide stable, functional updates for their products
JeremyCeulemans
Aspirant
Aspirant

When is this issue going to be solved ???

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
As someone said earlier they have given an update so we can have dark mode but who gives a flying **** about that fix the issue we are all complaining about
Maccca
Tutor
Tutor
Geofencing issue is very frustrating, not sure why arlo doesn’t provide updates would be good if they just acknowledged the issue and gave some confidence they are fixing.

I have found that it is only the second device (mobile phone) that has issues if I run with only one phone doesn’t seem to be an issue. Also found If I open the arlo app on the second device geofencing starts working again.

I purchased the device because of geofencing so really hoping it gets fixed or I will be returning the unit.
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Maccca 

I feel your pain. But at the end of the day our systems should be compatible with every system Arlo advertises and says it should be. We should not be the ones running tests for a company that should have experienced engineers to keep their products running. Hang in there and keep letting them know you are not happy with their product. It's the only way this will be fixed.

jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

We did see a useless “dark mode” update recently, but core functionality has been broken for more than a month now on this “security system” that purports to provide “true peace of mind”.  To be frank, it has NEVER been reliable for more than a few months at a time before they break it for months at a time.  Just read these forums.

jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

We did see a useless “dark mode” update recently, but core functionality has been broken for more than a month now on this “security system” that purports to provide “true peace of mind”.  To be frank, it has NEVER been reliable for more than a few months at a time before they break it for months at a time.  Just read these forums.

jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Chrismids
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the new app update geofencing has completely stopped working, I had it on our 2 phones. 1 iphone, 1 android. Both worked fine but have now stopped, at first it was the iPhone it keeps saying lost signal or no internet connection. My android is the main phone and doesnt say that but doesnt recognise I've left or come back unless I physically log in. It's getting ridiculous now. Have uninstalled the apps, reset the base station, taken my partners off the geo fence and it still doesnt work properly. Is there any way of fixing this?
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Just deleted and reinstalled the Arlo app noticed that the Bluetooth option within the app is no longer there,don’t know if this is supposed to make a difference or what

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
This is in black and white on their log in page maybe they should teach what they preach
An Arlo community account gives you access to the Arlo community, where users and experts come together to share tips and ideas, solve problems, and talk about everything Arlo products can do
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ha. Tried to create new threads on the other stupid model based boards to highlight the lack of a response and they got manually merged into this one. Someone is reading it all 😂 Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 users don’t need to know then?
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hit em in the Arlo Pro 3 reviews. The newer ultra expensive version which will suffer from the same problems communicated here over and over.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/18216756011?_encoding=UTF8&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Arlo%20Tec...
mrubin0818
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately, amazon will not let you review that product with out buying it. They are hip to Arlo customers not being happy about their current situation.

ARLO TAKE THE HINT AND FIX YOUR $#!+ ITS REALLY ANNOYING
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Bugger. Well just keep posting here I guess using “ before you buy” tag they supply.
LoneZwolf2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo says the latest app update (2.10) addresses this issue. I am on 2.10 and I will check in the morning on my way to work and post back with my findings.
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

It does not.  Been on it for several days and still often having to open it to update location and still getting general geofencing instability.  Several others reported this when the update was released.  Note it is not always, but often an issue.  And for a security system that is basically useless.  The updates headline feature was "dark mode" - would have preferred "working for intended/promised" myself rather than a useless graphical update.

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Update 2.10 does not solve the problem still not setting keeps saying internet connection lost if I recall when the update was released it made no mention of sorting this problem out,my neighbour was going to get this system I have told him not to bother
wenklaw0042
Guide
Guide
I don’t seem to get the intenet
Connection lost message anymore BUT geofencing still isn’t working.
Currently both iPhones showing out of zone, mode set to arm when out of zone and guess what....my Arlo cameras are disarmed. Even if I change the mode to arm when in or out of zone they remain unarmed.
Meanwhile my Arlo light has armed as it should.

The only way I can arm the cameras is to manually change the mode from geofencing to armed.

Useless sack of **bleep**!