Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hhzhao
Star
Star

Updated Arlo App on my iPhone with newest version 2.8(909) today, here are issues I have experienced:

- No notification whatsoever! This is a major problem!

- HomeKit worked partially. I have three identical 4000r3 base stations and idential cameras, all with latest firmware. Only two of base stations were able to added to HomeKit, and one of them still display as "uncertified accessory".

I am on iOS 13.1 Beta. For the reference, Arlo App 2.8 notification do work on iOS 12.4.1

128 REPLIES 128
Xenier78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, doesn’t work to downgrade to Arlo legacy either, still no notification. I use iOS 13, not 13.1
Danielle44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 camera that I have plugged into power source, battery says 100%.  The camera has failed to send me motion notifications all day today.  I can go into my arlo app on my iphone and view the camera from live feed but the motion detection icon is grayed out.  If I go to mode, the setting is armed.  Then if I go back to my devices the motion detection icon is black but will still not alert to motion.  If I close my Arlo app and go back into it the camera motion detection icon is grayed again.  I have went into the motion detection test and the solid blue light does flash yellow (amber) during the test.  However, once again, it will not detect or alert motion.  Please help!  I have already called technical support and they could not solve my issue.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and reset the base station and camera.  My camera and base are synced and I can view live feed.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance!

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, now it's official, APPLE,TO RELEASE IOS 13  (and iPadOS) on Sep 19th! So now we shall see how Arlo handles getting the app, no matter what version fixed in time.  In fact for those who pointed fingers at us who successfully used the beta, you will have a choice if it doesn't get fixed - either stay with the older IOS, or join the rest of us who will move ahead and hope that ARLO will move with us so we can continue to use our investment in their devices as they were intended -  with notifications! (As they worked before the latest app release) I sure hope Arlo will bring it home and put a smile back on our faces, or better yet, a notification when someone enters one of my activity zones like before!

Happychef247
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue with Arlo App Version 2.8 Notification Issues with iOS 13.1 Beta 2
Chevyboy67
Tutor
Tutor
So with all the complaining about alerts from hundreds of thousands of customers . I see a new app this am and DL it. Same old **bleep**. Netgear you suck. I’m going to ring. You still didn’t fix the issue. Good going
vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

And this is what I get this morning when I access the legacy version (which is not sending notifications either after reverting from the latest app) so since neither are working, guess I will go ahead and put the new one back so I don't get nagged every time I open the app.  HEY ARLO, IT SAYS "....TO CONTINUE TO RECEIVE ALERTS"!  Please make that function available AGAIN! 
64799E37-F311-4B7F-92F6-C780DB4228C8.jpeg

Retired_Member
Not applicable

FYI.....the problem still exists on iOS 13 GM. I downgraded last night from 13.1 to the 13 GM and it is much more stable now. Just the Arlo app with notifications not working is the biggest issue with me. And people are right, the legacy app doesn't work either if you have already switched.

Arlo can't release an app update fix for iOS 13 until it is released to the public (App Store guidelines). I wish Arlo participated in TestFlight (or do they?). That would be nice to know and help test.

vpasq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for that information update.  I was going to try the GM version in hope there might be a solution, but now I know that will be fruitless.  We shall see what the next week to 10 days bring, but for now it's NO NOTIFICATIONS FOR ME☹️

Jwolff
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue, IOS 13 beta 2 and get Zero notifications. Need this fixed badly. Also, it was working fine on the beta but something changed a couple days ago. Please help!
hhzhao
Star
Star

@Retired_Member wrote:

FYI.....the problem still exists on iOS 13 GM. I downgraded last night from 13.1 to the 13 GM and it is much more stable now. Just the Arlo app with notifications not working is the biggest issue with me. And people are right, the legacy app doesn't work either if you have already switched.

Arlo can't release an app update fix for iOS 13 until it is released to the public (App Store guidelines). I wish Arlo participated in TestFlight (or do they?). That would be nice to know and help test.

It not the question whether Arlo "can" or Can not" release any fix to public before iOS 13 release, it is a simply matter of how well a company to support there products when it is purely rely on the iOS (or Android) platform! Apple putting out the beta month ahead of public release, IS the purpose for company to ensure that software to be ready when the new OS to become public. In perfect example, Do Arlo really expecting when user received their iPhone 11 with ONLY iOS 13 on it, and found their Arlo app will nolonger working?! I am in software/hardware industry for years, it has been common practice to have the products, both hardware and software to be ready ahead of OS release for bother forward and backward compatibilities. For Arlo to pushing out a software that has such a major functionality issue, and not to have a patch released (or sub version such as 2.8.1) release to address this, is just simply unprofessional, peorid!

stuckpipe
Tutor
Tutor

With the new version 2.8 version, I have found it is very troublesome. I have 21 cameras and all it seems to fix is the legacy cameras that were in the Library folders. I had 3 cameras that were removed over a year ago and had no videos  in the system thus the Arlo Legacy version. With 2.8, they are gone but the app crashes every time while updating cameras, attempting to review saved videos and reselecting Modes. The new 2.8 is under Arlo “Lifestyles” in 

Apples site. I had Apple reset and flush both my iPadPro and iPhone8 and started over with OSI 12.4.1. Still the new version crashed even before I could swipe and closes the app itself. I went back to Arlo “Legacy” because it partially working with my camera and legacy cameras which have been long gone. The help desk did ask me to test the new 2.8 and I gave them feedback, but no reply back. It is more like what happened from version 2.4 to 2.5 earlier this year.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Danielle44

Are you using the new Arlo app version 2.8?

AnS98
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same issue. I am on version 2.8.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

A workaround could be to enable HomeKit and use the Apple Home app for notifications. You won't have smart notifications though. I'm testing it to see if it works now.

Mick94114
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. 

Beta 3 is out, but haven't had time to check

stuckpipe
Tutor
Tutor

Which version are you using? My Arlo(gray) is detecting fine. My Arlo(ver 2.8) doesn’t do anything except crash.

hhzhao
Star
Star

It's not the iOS issue!!! It is the Arlo app issue with the version 2.8!!!

It has no notification on iOS 13; 13.1 (all beta level). Arlo, if you are watching or listening, this needs to be fixed NOW!!!!!!!

Even more comical, I received email from Arlo marketing, asking user to upgrade the Arlo app to 2.8 since previous version 2.7 will be end of life by 9/30. But, more comical was in the email, it said the version 2.8 REQUIRES iOS 13 and above..... in which Arlo by now should aware of it is NOT working!!!!!!

So, it is the time for Arlo to put the act together!!!!!!!!!

stuckpipe
Tutor
Tutor

Also, just noticed the programmers also reversed the final delete step while deleting a file. The “Continue” and “Cancel” buttons now have been reversed. No wonder I couldn’t delete the files. 

Sabel
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do I switch back to Arlo Legacy?  I now have both the new app and Arlo Legacy but neither are working.  Message states base station is offline but it isn't.  I have the VMB3010r2.  I am unable to delete the new app or the Arlo Legacy from my phone.  How do I delete the new Arlo app?  It's screwing up my Arlo. 

stuckpipe
Tutor
Tutor

If you can’t remove the icon by holding the icon down and waiting for the shaking “x” to appear then you could try going into Settings, General and iPad or iPhone storage and looking for both Arlo versions and deleting the app that way.

ronche
Aspirant
Aspirant
Before releasing a new App upgrade ensure that it works properly. This will entail you getting better reviews and you will sell more of your equipment. This will also keep your "loyal" customers happy and stay with your brand.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It won't matter if you switch back to the Legacy app. If you've already switched and you're on iOS 13, it still will not work.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Notifications ARE working through Apple Home app using HomeKit. I just don't have smart notifications. Better than nothing until Arlo gets their act together.

BriscMoy
Star
Star

Hi - Have the same notification issue since updating to IOS 13 beta 1, 2 and 3. Issue with both the legacy app and the new arlo app.

workaround: I have enabled IFTTT, connected Arlo and use it to send notifications. Notifications are not as immediate, maybe a 2 second delay but it works! IFTTT is really easy set up and there is a Pre built applet called Arlo Notification... at least I have something until it is fixed. Please also report issue on the feedback app on IOS beta...

emtp563
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using the IFTT applet as well. If have two cameras (front door and back door). As far as I can tell, you can only choose one camera to use with this applet. Is there a way to have this applet work with more than one camera?