Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

The videos use to show up when the backup is selected now it does not but when i eject the backup and attach it to the Mac the videos are there was there a change to the software not to display the contents of the backup. 

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Mac110,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile app. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mac110,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile app. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help they now appear. 

Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reinstalled the software and I thought it worked it showed up with extra bytes on the backup but still did not display the icons of videos. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mac110 wrote:

but still did not display the icons of videos. 

If you mean the thumbnails, then those aren't available with direct access to local storage.

Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

They appear on local but not on backup but when the backup is ejected and attached to my Mac they appear and I can see the videos

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mac110 wrote:

They appear on local but not on backup

Not sure what you mean by this.

You will get thumbnails for the cloud recordings, but not for the local (backup) recordings.

Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first attached the drive in back of the hub the icons appeared when I changed from the cloud to the device. I clicked on the icon and would see the video. Now when I change from the cloud to the device there is no icons but when I eject the drive and attach it to my my Mac I see the icons and videos. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mac110 wrote:

When I first attached the drive in back of the hub the icons appeared when I changed from the cloud to the device. I clicked on the icon and would see the video. Now when I change from the cloud to the device there is no icons but when I eject the drive and attach it to my my Mac I see the icons and videos. 

Got it - the videos aren't appearing in the app, but are being saved.

Are you connected to your home wifi when this happens?

Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am linked directly to the router

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try restarting the base?

Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just restarted the base I got the same results 

Mac110
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the backup drive the Arlo program does not show videos but when attach to my iMac they do show up. So the problem is still there. 

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation