Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wallacepark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and set it up with my VMB4000 base station. It sets off alerts when it detects motion, but the light will not come on. I purchased this camera to replace an Arlo Pro 2 to catch trespassers. The Pro 2 works, but the night detail was s not good enough. The Pro 3 Floodlight is essentially useless. The firmware updated when I set it up. Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

A couple of points:

• Movement will not activate the light during the day
  • You need to have a rule to Turn floodlight on when Motion is detected

The Floodlight differs from other cameras in giving you separate control of the light and the recording.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Wallacepark
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the response. I have the light sensitivity turned to the most sensitive and the light is turned on. The light will not turn on at all at night. I have 4 other Arlo Pro 2 cameras and they work perfectly. The camera detects motion and sends me a notification, and I can see the dim red led lights turn on at night, but it does not send a recording of the detected movement, and the light fails to trigger as well.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Wallacepark wrote:
I have the light sensitivity turned to the most sensitive and the light is turned on.

What does that mean?

Nowhere in your messages do you mention rules or modes.

This is the place to look:

Floodlight control rulesFloodlight control rules

That's on my Android app, but the browser interface is the same.

You have to tell the floodlight to turn on when it Detects Motion. There is also a Record video setting.

Perhaps you have done this. But it is not clear to me from this conversation.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation