Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
Monkeyeverton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had this message and I hadn't done the 2 step verification
Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Shane have attached a screenshot of what it's showing when opening app
Monkeyeverton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've got a freephone number to contact themonday by phone now.
Monkeyeverton
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is exactly the same message as mine.
Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
This issue started here in Oz or aleast on our camera for the last 24hrs..
Have not turned anything off , no power outages nothing....have not touched or reset activity zones.
Ven0m419
Tutor
Tutor
Yes im having the same issue. I never turned on any activity zones so why am I seeing an activity zone message? This is stupid
Fricke
Aspirant
Aspirant

AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.... Android phone app now displays this message on all 5 cameras initially for 5 seconds and then 3 cameras that are on battery continue to show this message until I OK the message. How annoying! This started 10-17-2020. Is there a way to stop this annoying new feature? Thanks, cf

jsm024
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just checked arlo on my computer. Everything looks fine. Definitely a problem with the Arlo phone app.
tbecker826
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem on all of my cameras. Very frustrating. I hope they fix this soon.  It appears to be the app cause I can log in on my desktop and view my camera no problems.  It is just in the App.  Of course that is what is people use most is the APP.  I hope they fix this soon. I need my cameras to work. 

wxdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue is with Android app V2.21.1_28215 Released 10/16/20. Not getting the error on iPhone nor Windows version. I didn't update the app on my Android phone - must've done so automatically yesterday, which is when this issue started. Can we roll back to previous Android app until Arlo issues a fix. This is extremely annoying!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I am not seeing this issue with Android 2.21.1_28215 with my pro-2 cameras.  They aren't connected to AC power, and don't have AC zones configured.  They also are not included in my subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hatrabbit wrote:

Mostly people say Activity Zones have to be disabled, but my settings don't have that feature.  

You should be able to delete your activity zones.  Do you have zones configured now?

hatrabbit
Tutor
Tutor

I don't even see the option for Activity Zones anywhere in my app or online in settings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What cameras do you have?

Normally activity zones are listed in the video section of the device settings, and I am seeing them there on Android.

I'm not seeing them in the web ui for the pro2, which is a bit weird

hatrabbit
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Arlo Pro.  In the app under Video Settings I see Brightness, Night Vision, Rotate Image 180º, Power management, and that's all.  I have been waiting online for Arlo chat for 3 hours... over an hour ago I became #1 in line.  Maybe they can provide an answer.  I'm glad I don't rely too heavily on these cameras for security, I'd be in trouble if I did.

edit: chat support came online and asked me for a screenshot and the logs from my app.  The agent said it will be escalated and fixed, I'm assuming in a future update.

Hairfarm
Star
Star

As of last night I'm getting this error too.

Screenshot_20201017-074505_Arlo.jpg

myarlotwo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hannah1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same problem also started 10/16/20 Cant go live either Android only on computer is ok. Mine will not let me clear message OK button wont work.

Kavyca
Initiate
Initiate

As someone mentioned, this error happened after the Android app update. I logged in from my iPad and do not get this error message. They just need to get their act together and fix the bug.

myarlotwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

None at all.

Arlo app version 2.21.1

Android Samsung Galaxy S10e / Android version 10

App only, web is fine.

Hairfarm
Star
Star

Looks like Arlo won't post my previous screenshot of the issue.

The cameras seem to be functioning normally but now there is a message that appears over each camera window: "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled:. This forces the user error/malfunction forces the user to "OK" the warning.

Arlo Support? 

Pioc.jpg

csny
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with my system and do not have activity zones setup.  Definitely a phone app issue

Jude11
Initiate
Initiate

getting  Ac power has been disconnected from your arlo device. activity zones currently disabled..   I don't use ac for my cameras... looks like you did an update on the 16th..... please fix the problem!!!!

Jim-B
Initiate
Initiate

Problem:   After app update cameras show the following;

“AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled”. OK button does not work. Live view does not work.

Base station has been reset multiple times. App has been deleted and reinstalled multiple times. PC works fine.

Base Station   M/# VMB4000    Firmware 1.16.3.3_3572_6349f52    Hardware 4000r3

Camera Arlo Pro VNC4030    Firmware 1.092.0.27_50_990    Hardware H8

PC Version 2.21.0_0_6    Release 10/15/2020

App Version 2.21.1_28215    Release   10/16/20

Any Ideas?

tsuthard
Tutor
Tutor

Cannot access cameras from devices tab.  Display for all cameras show "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.  Activity Zones are currently disabled"  Have deleted and reinstalled app.  Problem is the same.  Cameras still work and library is active but cannot access cameras from device tab.