Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No AC power warning arlo pro and Arlo pro 2

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available form the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure your Arlo mobile app is updated to the latest version available.

Arlo Android App - 2.21.2 - 19th October 2020 

If you're still experiencing this issue, please start a new thread here on the community and let us know the details.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

364 REPLIES 364
boz151
Guide
Guide
Started to happen to one of mine about 3 days ago. If I click “on” it functions normally. Seems like yet another bug.
Illyad2
Initiate
Initiate

I have just completed hard wiring my arlo cameras. I have 3. one is directly plugged into wall outlet and 2 others are connected to an extension cord that is connected to wall outlet. Batteries are still in camera. I created activity zones for each camera. I keep getting this message on each camera 

"AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled"

I cannot use activity zones. How do I address this problem so to make this program work for me. I currently am signed up for no pay programs thru ARLO.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ive recently started to get this message

> AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled

But the Camera itself doesnt even have a battery! Its plugged in 100% of the time. I read through other posts of similar issues, but it wasnt clear if those having the issue actually didnt even have a battery. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 2.29.16 PM.png

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Seems an Update has a flaw that shows AC disconnected, zones off on Devise Screen if Cams are AC Powered? Is Support working on this yet?

Fliersguy
Tutor
Tutor

Getting same error here, started after last update.

boz151
Guide
Guide
Well, I’ve had case number 41940048 open with Arlo support for a week now amd no response...so not ideal support either for an expensive product.
Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

OK, think this is a Arlo Pressure play, do an Update, deactivate Zone option with AC Power. Try to force more Arlo Owners to Subscribe to Pay Programs ! Think about it, they are not responding to this thread or others like it, Support, James or one of the other Arlo Staff could easily post and let us know they are aware and working on it. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Problem is persisting. I have had some almost pointless email updates via their support desk:

- cycle power (already did, did again)

- remove zones, cycle power (did, didnt help)

boz151
Guide
Guide
They are shipping me a new base station. Not entirely sure if it is that or two of the 6 cameras I have but it is the first step.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

whoa -- how;'d you finagle that? Can you please update once you get the new basestation and confirm if this issue goes away -- I wonder why it would, unless its a newer model ... thanks for the update

boz151
Guide
Guide
Well, these units happen to only be 2 months old, so warranty covered them. My issue is slightly different. Units are online but showing offline in app, all is fine in website ui thought and still getting alerts. I also had the AC issue with one camera but it has stopped on its own.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

after a bunch of round about emails, them saying that I cant have zones without a subscription (ever though I mentioned multiple times that I do have zones because its direct powered and not battery) -- their suggestion on a fix was to unpair, and re-pair/configure the entire system ... 

Its just frustrating that this is the solution for so many things, but more so that they have so many issues that this winds up being the solution.

I have not tried this yet 

cold101fusion
Tutor
Tutor

I had to reset my outdoor camera again this am. It stopped charging again during the night, this after an hour  yesterday am with tech support trying to start, restart,

,swap out batteries, restart base station, etc. etc.. Today it seems to be working after I went through the procedure from yesterday. I restarted the base station after powered off for 3 mins it appears to work . But the burning question is?? Is the base station faulty? Is it a corrupted firmware update? Arlo needs to get they're top tech people on this and answer the question what is the root cause of the problem?

cold101fusion
Tutor
Tutor

I'm inclined to believe what your saying  the answer to this problem has to be well known by Arlo's tech dept. 

cold101fusion
Tutor
Tutor

The outdoor cam developed more of the same trouble this evening. Battery discharging even with the usb charger plugged in and A/C on. I removed the Arlo battery and resynced camera and base station again. The thinking here is rechargeable batteries can form a memory and eventually will not hold a charge at all. Also the battery memory circuit may prevent any further a/c power to feed the battery circuit and the camera circuit. It's a shot in the dark but the cams don't require battery power to operate. Currently the camera is operating normally.

cold101fusion
Tutor
Tutor

After taking part in another support chat with the Arlo agent and resolving nothing except more of  the rhetorical bafflegab (resinyc, restart ,remove battery, insert battery)  for about the 6th time in about a week. Arlo has convinced me that the only answer to reliable security cam service is to switch suppliers. I've been seriously eye balling RING. Arlo must know the cause of this problem but are reluctant to tell the truth about it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cold101fusion

Are you experiencing an issue with the threads topic "AC power disconnected error with activity zoners" or a different battery drain issue?

If it's the AC power disconnected warning issue, is this occurring over the Web Portal or the Arlo App?

cold101fusion
Tutor
Tutor

I have no idea what the web portal is, I would have to say  the Arlo app is the way it that the problem is communicated to to me.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@cold101fusion The web portal is my.arlo.com web page. It is also is the link "My Arlo" at the top of this page. 

It is the same as the app. You should try that to see if it happens there also. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cold101fusion

To be clear, are you experiencing battery drain? Or are you reporting the No AC Power Warning within the Arlo App only?

Xichlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

AC power Warning and disabled AC owed Detection  Zones

cold101fusion
Tutor
Tutor

So whats the point?? my.arlo,com  defaults to my arlo log in page because I  have an account. I have no idea where your going with this. If the batteries are failing then you people should have enough experience an competence to advise people to purchase new batteries. Like I said before why can't you tell me what the problem is ?? So I can deal with it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cold101fusion

To be clear, are you experiencing battery drain? Or are you reporting the No AC Power Warning within the Arlo App only?

Once I understand if you are experiencing the Original User's thread topic of "No AC Power notification" or a separate battery drain issue, I can attempt to assist you further. 

I see you mentioned "Currently the camera is operating normally." in your previous post, is this issue back & which issue are you experiencing? It sounds like you are having a battery drain issue. Have you tried using a battery from another camera in the camera with the draining issue? Will a different battery hold a charge or charge with the AC cable plugged in? this will help isolate the issue. 

Do you have a case number I can review?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Xichlo2

Can you please provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing.