Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No AC power warning arlo pro and Arlo pro 2

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bob0311

Can you provide further details from the following post above? Thank you

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Its on an android galaxy s20. Works on my pc but not on phone app. On the camera position part of app works but not on main portion. Its a pro. Not pro2 so no zones. On battery. Replaced battery. Deleted then reloaded app. Reset main base. Deleted affected cameras from base and re installed etc. Bad app update!!!!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your feedback & detailed reports. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the No AC Power warning. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Labikes
Star
Star
The support has been extremely poor. I would have expected more from Arlo in resolving the issue. I have been a dedicated customer for over 5 years and this is the support that I get? I am seriously thinking of moving my business elsewhere and letting the rest of the world know per social media of how you do not support your customers. Someone from Arlo please let us know of timelines and when we can expect a solution? Please! We have all wasted many hours today trying to come up with a solution and nothing works, its obviously a bad update. Who is in charge there? They are not doing a good job at all. Respond and speak to your customers.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Labikes Did you read the previous comment from an Arlo mod?

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
About update. Yep but wont hold breath.
EllyC
Initiate
Initiate

Screenshot_20201017-092043_Arlo.jpg

Labikes
Star
Star

@dcfox1I absolutely did read it but just like Bob said dont count on anything from them. I have been with Arlo for 5 years and the support has been terrible. I will believe it once I get this resolved and from all my prior experiences I am not too optimistic. I hope I am wrong.

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just checked cameras. Sends me notifaction of motion detected but nothing on app. Shows on web PC tho. Cameras are working. Apps piece of junk!!!!
Labikes
Star
Star
I was on live chat with support in the morning for almost 2 hours. We deleted and added cameras back on, reset the complete base. PC works but app does not. After we deleted and added the cameras, now they go off every 2 minutes. All camera batteries have been drained and nothing has been resolved with no notification of timelines. They can see our messages in the forum but they choose to ignore us that is what really upsets me, very unprofessional. How long do we wait for another update fix 1 month, 2 weeks? Let us know, we need our cameras to work.
arlat
Initiate
Initiate

App Error Message AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled for the past couple of days.  What's going on?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Labikes

Thanks for the update, this thread is regarding the No AC Power warning, if you have another issue occurring please start another thread and/or PM me with your information & I'll gladly look in to it for you.

itsbigrob1
Tutor
Tutor

Hello I have the same issue how did you fix it?

EllyC
Initiate
Initiate
I havent been able to fix it. It doesnt look like anyone has. I was trying to add a screenshot of the error. Arlo support isnt very good, have wasted a lot of time today for nothing
itsbigrob1
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you I have been working on it for 5 hours after i charged up my cameras but nothing has changed... thanks 

Labikes
Star
Star

The support has been extremely poor. I would have expected more from Arlo in resolving the issue. I have been a dedicated customer for over 5 years and this is the support that I get? I am seriously thinking of moving my business elsewhere and letting the rest of the world know per social media of how you do not support your customers. Someone from Arlo please let us know of timelines and when we can expect a solution? Please! We have all wasted many hours today trying to come up with a solution and nothing works, its obviously a bad update. Who is in charge there? They are not doing a good job at all. Respond and speak to your customers please. 

Labikes
Star
Star

I am having the same issue as everyone else from what I can see. I receive a message on my android app saying "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity zones are currently disabled" I have always ran my cameras on batteries and this all started after the update from yesterday, bfore the update everything worked fine. I was in live chat for almost 2 hours today with Arlo and they could not resolve. What do I do? 

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
We're all in same boat. Same reason. The app upgrade. Sorry cant help
hatrabbit
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I've read bunches of posts about the "ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device" message while cameras aren't showing up in the app.  Mostly people say Activity Zones have to be disabled, but my settings don't have that feature.  What other things might cause this?  Right now my system is de

Taralewis40
Aspirant
Aspirant
Fix this problem. Started yesterday 10-16-2020
Monkeyeverton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have recieved the same message on all 3 cameras, does anyone know how to resolve this?
17/10/20
Onno-Karl
Tutor
Tutor
...same problem here since update of the android app onto version 2.21.1 (oct., 15th) !
MrMiyagi
Initiate
Initiate
This Android update problem (15 October 2020) is so bad, on the Samsung S8 clicking on the 'OK' message cannot continue to live view. Get this update fixed ASAP.
ulfe
Aspirant
Aspirant

går ej att komma åt kamerorna via telefon längre efter uppdatering 10/16/20?

jsm024
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Started after I did the 2 step verification.