Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No AC power warning arlo pro and Arlo pro 2

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
Xichlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently, my direct powered Cameras show a small red circle with explanation point in it in the Device last activation screen display. Note says "Power lost, Zones deactivated". 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Im direct connected to power, and have been getting the zone alert error -- when there is no battery even connected

kb1635
Aspirant
Aspirant

New to this forum. Seems lots on this forum about the famous AC power disconnected, Activity Zones disabled.

My issue is not about the design (wireless, battery only), or subscriptions, mine is the browser shows the error message, when indeed I have the camera plugged into the Net gear power adaptor (app does not show error). This setup worked for over a year, now shows the error and disables the Zone feature totally. I can see clearly the system knows it's the camera is powered because the power level shows 100% and the green lightning bolt is on the battery (showing AC power is applied) in the browser & app.

I've performed the following: deleted the camera completely. Removed the battery. Un-plugged, & re-plugged camera power, reset the hub, deleted all zones twice, reset new zone.... error returns all the time.

Any other ideas or known fixes? Thanks

Firmware:  1.16.3.3_3572_b349f52

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just be careful with mixing the Pro and Pro 2 ac adapters....

the pro adapter needs 5 and 9v to run and charge the battery pack (Qualcomm type)

the Pro2 was changed along the way and most only need now 5v

both are marked for output on the cube near prongs 

mixing them can cause charging issues as they look identical 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kb1635
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.. I'll check it out in day light. Thanks.

kb1635
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I checked out my charger spec's and battery spec's and Camera spec to see any variations. They all seems to align for 5v and 9v. Remember, the same system worked for over a year, now error shows up saying no AC provided, but AC is provided.

Things I performed to troubleshoot.

1) delete all zones.

2) delete all cameras and hub from system (browser)

3) Reset Hub via rest button at back of unit

4) Pulled all batteries from cameras.

5) re-install everything.

6) Replaced camera and battery for desired area to use Zone functions.

7) Set-up new zone on new camera / battery / Camera with AC provided and confirmed by Arlo system (Battery with lightning bolt)

8  Same fault & error appears.

9) Removed the battery on the camera and only applied power by AC adaptor. System confirmed AC is applied by little "Plug" icon on the Browser. 

10) Same fault & error appears.

The warning indicator of "Disconnected AC & no Activity Zone enabled" is a true statement, as I get false recordings (outside registered zone) too.

I'm unable to use Zones now which a key feature for this security system... not sure what to do next.

Help?

kb1635
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Luck. I checked the Charger, Battery and camera spec and they are all aligned with 5v and 9v.

Thing I performed to troubleshoot:

I reset the hub with reset button, and cameras (pull battery).

I re-installed everything.

I replaced the camera, battery, apply AC power adaptor, and the same issue occurs with message "AC power disconnected & no Activity Zone enabled."

Next, I removed the camera battery and used only AC adaptor. The Arlo system confirms AC is provided on the camera view in browser & App (dash indicators) with the "Plug" icon displayed, but error message continues & indicates no AC power????

Not sure anything left to do. Just does not function.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Xichlo2 & @Retired_Member

Is this occurring on the Android or iOS Arlo App? Which version of the app is installed on your device?

Xichlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant
2.20.2_1
Released
10/4/2020
Retired_Member
Not applicable
royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

android app says no pwr to ac - - well im looking at it - it sure does. arlo HM PC - im on now - all working. i removed & reloaded arlo (cell) - still says no ac pwr - or sometimes it will flip to no activity zones. all batteries are good - even reset all cameras. 

so how do i get my mobile (cell) app to work correct. worked fine till over last night

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo pro - mobile app - plz read my post. arlo sys will still send notifications  to my cell. but cell app shows no ac power - i have good batteries. cked every setting - dwn loaded new  arlo app in play store. still  not working. i try to push the "ok" tab in camera window on app - . it does nothing. all started last night - no updates on any program - same phone. plz help - i live alone - i need to see cameras on mobile app. when not home. plz help

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

every time i log into arlo app (mobile) it stii shows no ac power - ( i got batteries) after fighting with cell screen. hitting the ok tab - thern i can see my cameras -  close app window ( still armed) open app again & stupid no ac power again .

plz what is this ? solution plz 

Alfer1
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo did an Android app update today and it broke the app again, I'm getting same "AC power...." error on all our cameras. I did live chat with support and he kept telling me to turn off the Active Zones but I told him I don't have such a setting in the app. My cameras have been battery operated since day one.  He seemed baffled that I didn't have an Activity Zone setting. I also told him that when I bought cameras, service was free and I don't subscribe to any of their services.

So no idea if they plan to investigate the issue. I told him I have no doubt that today's update caused the issue since as of last night, app did NOT display the error messages.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have the same problem with the ac power disconnected screen, Typical ARLO fix some things and break other things in the system and app. I guess they never test updates to the app before sending out. On Android. 

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

THERE IS OVER 40 ISSUES ON THIS ALONE - JUST TODAY - PLZ FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS A WIZ. - THE UPDATE BROKE THE APP ( LAST NIGHT) 

2WheelGuy
Guide
Guide

Appears that the latest Android App is fracked. I started getting the "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled" message this morning on my Android phone. App was updated to version 2.21.1_28215 last night. Cameras work fine via the web interface. 

Additional pain in the a** having to do two-factor authentication each time I switch between my phone and computer!

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here on no ac. Well. Its on battery and us a arlo pro so I HAVE NO ZONES!!!!! STARTED WITH APP UPDATE. on arlo program for pc works great but neither of my 2 phones
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

Can you please verify the following:

• Do you have Activity Zones setup or none at all? (Are you receiving the message without zones created for the camera)?
  • Are you receiving this error on Android or iOS & (Which App Version)?
  • Is this also occurring over the Web Portal at (my.arlo.com)?

2WheelGuy
Guide
Guide

Arlo Moderator I think I already answered your questions in my previous post.

Is it occurring on iOS or Android & which App version?

Android version:  2.21.1_28215

Does this occur on the Web portal as well?

No, Web portal works fine. 

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just looked at affected cameras and went to the camera position adjust part on camera and will give u live view there. BUT when u go back to regular part on app still get the no ac bit
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
My system is an Android. Galaxy s20. Works on PC fine
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Android. Galaxy s20. Works ok on web pc
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It appears that as of today (last time I checked was probably Mon/Tues this week) - the zone alert is gone. So whatever magic happened .. thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

Can you please verify the following:

• Do you have Activity Zones setup or none at all? (Are you receiving the message without zones created for the camera)?
  • Are you receiving this error on Android or iOS & (Which App Version)?
  • Is this also occurring over the Web Portal at (my.arlo.com)?