Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

bizco
Follower
Follower

Hello. I recently installed two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. They appear to be working properly, however, when I access live view from a Mac laptop or desktop running OS 10.13.6, I am able to see the full view when the screen is minimized, but when I expand the view, only bottom half of camera frame appears: the bottom half of the camera frame moves up and the bottom half of the computer screen is blank (see image, below). I tried resetting the base station and removing, restarting, and reassociating the cameras, with no change in what's displayed. I do not have this issue with the expanded view on an iPhone running iOS12.0.1. How can I resolve this problem? -- Thanks.

Expanding view reduces display areaExpanding view reduces display area

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Either clear your cache in Safari, or you can try to force a refresh. You can try this first. In the safari address bar, Hold down the Option Key and right-click the page reload button. Select "Reload Page from Origin". See if that helps you. It had nothing to do with the base unit, but poor CSS coding of the website. 

View solution in original post

116 REPLIES 116
Bosko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I'm on Safari browser and all has been fine and now my (Full screen) view on live camera is 50% white..

it is a horizontal split...top is live image and the bottom of the screen is solid white.

It looks as though yesterday I was updated in firmware, because certain screens look different (updated)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BDa7RZS.mp4[/img]

See screen grab attached

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BDa7RZS.mp4[/img]

Thank you

spkr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good day, after recent upgrades this is what is happening on the website when viewing in fullscreen mode...only able to see half the screen.  Any advise?

jc39
Guide
Guide

After the recent "Oct surprise" firmware update in addition to all the other user interface issues  including the elimination of the most useful features on the main screen for easy access and opting for burying them in submenus to make it more difficult, 

My macbook pro with safari: 

1) does not allow me to stream live anymore, times out. 

2) full screen mode only actually shows the camera view in 1/2 of the top screen the bottom is white.  

3) When I use chrome on my macbook it seems to work.  

SO PLEASE FIX SAFARI or advise what needs to be done.  Again, another shocked customer that doesn't understand why you don't test these update "enhancements" before releasing.  We have gone backwards, hate the new update.  

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

In addition, the full-screen camera view from the website is now also broken. Seems no one tested anything before this release. Everything about this system is terrible now (mac OS Mojave/Safari 12 screenshot). The entire top half of the image is cut off.Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 4.19.13 PM.png

Museterri
Tutor
Tutor

App update sucks.  Where is my four screen view without having to scroll. How can I get my older version back. 

Terri

BL608
Tutor
Tutor

This new app update totally SUCKS!! Bring back the last one!!!!!

FlaRich1959
Initiate
Initiate

The app update on my samsung note 8 is disappointing. Biggest issue I see is that the battery life is no longer posted on the initial log in screen. I have to go to each camera (I have 4), select the ... then select Device Settings to get 1/4 the information I got from just logging in before. I don't see what is more helpful to me, just that what was once easy is now complicated. It should be rolled back.

Stonewall07
Tutor
Tutor
Thank goodness I purchased this at Costco. This went from being an Okay at best product to right down the toilet. I can't imagine any Beta-Testers would have said "This looks Awesome" release it.
HermanLily
Guide
Guide
I cannot even view my recording nor pick which camera log I'd like to see
HermanLily
Guide
Guide
I agree completely
Museterri
Tutor
Tutor

Don’t give up yet.  It was great till new update. I’ll give them a chance to fix it, I luv our system.  

FlaRich1959
Initiate
Initiate

I hadn't even noticed that the library wasn't sorted by camera any more. WOW! So they take something that was working great, that I had zero complaints with and made it awful. 

mgrill
Guide
Guide

I used to be able to see the entire field of view in full screen mode. In the past couple of days I'm only seeing a portion of the picture in full screen mode - with the rest of the picture being white. Any ideas of what changed?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Possiblthis fixes the zoom and position, whereas manipulating live view is not fixed.e: On Android, little settings gear for camera>Video Settings. Once setting page is up. manipulate green box outline. This fixes the zoom and pan until changed, unlike the live view which is not fixed manipulation.

mgrill
Guide
Guide

Thanks. I noted the zoom works as designed on my iPhone - but not when I view zoom on my MacBook. Any ideas on this?

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Buggered the last post - Possibility: On Android, little settings gear for camera>Video Settings. Once setting page is up. manipulate green box outline. This fixes the zoom and pan until changed, unlike the live view which is not fixed manipulation.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sorry running Windows 10. On web GUI I need to wait for the icon to light up (takes a few seconds), but it it there and sets the positon and zoom for me. Not. Red corner indicators and thin green outline rather than a green box as on mobile app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bosko,

Try clearing your browser cache and see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Bosko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

I was on with tech support and they told me to switch to "Chrome" from Safari.

It made the difference...

However they said if I upgraded to Safari 12.0 it would also address the issue....it did not..

peterhimler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue in full screen mode on my MacBook. The top half of the screen shows the bottom half of the image.  The bottom half of the screen is all white.  

Bosko
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is your current browser?

peterhimler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use a Chrome browser and am having this problem.  

Bosko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow...so it is happening on both safari and chrome.

I hope we get some more response to this issue.

peterhimler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also cleared my Chrome browser's history and cache.  No fix.