Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Expanding live view on Mac desktop/laptop only displays on bottom half of frame

bizco
Follower
Follower

Hello. I recently installed two Arlo Pro 2 cameras. They appear to be working properly, however, when I access live view from a Mac laptop or desktop running OS 10.13.6, I am able to see the full view when the screen is minimized, but when I expand the view, only bottom half of camera frame appears: the bottom half of the camera frame moves up and the bottom half of the computer screen is blank (see image, below). I tried resetting the base station and removing, restarting, and reassociating the cameras, with no change in what's displayed. I do not have this issue with the expanded view on an iPhone running iOS12.0.1. How can I resolve this problem? -- Thanks.

Expanding view reduces display areaExpanding view reduces display area

116 REPLIES 116
Bosko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did the issue just happen over this past weekend or has it been going on longer

peterhimler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, I just noticed this issue over the weekend.  

One more thing of note: I just tried Foirefox, anmd after being prompted to allow Adove Flash, I AM now able to see full screen.  That's the good news. The bad: the picture is def not HD.  It's fuzzy and grainy.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @bizco,

What browser are you running on your MacBook or iMac? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies from your browser or trying a different browser?

edster1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only getting a 1/2 view on my screen on Mac lap top with Safari browser. See bottom half of video at top half of my screen. Cannot bring it down to see full view. Same with all my ARLO Pro cameras on live view. BUT works fine on i phone.....   Any suggestions???  

jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor

As the title states, when trying to view cameras in full screen mode on my computer I only get half the video. The top half is cut off. Displays fine when not in full-screen mode.

Anybody else having this issue?Front door full screen.pngFront door pic.png

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

This is not a cache issue. I really wish that wasn't the default go to for addressing issues. The update over the past weekend caused this issue and it's everyone on a mac that uses Safari. There are numerous posts about this, mine included. I wish Netgear would just be honest in the fact they released a faulty update acoss all their various apps and be forthcoming on an timeline for a fix. We are all waiting and getting angrier. 

yvonnehawaii
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem on my Mac.  All was fine until I added a second camera and the new app update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Others have complained about this on both Mac and PC. I've tested it on my W10 laptop with Chrome and it works fine. I'd suggest opening a case with support here to raise awareness.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here. More cases gets more action.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue regarding some users are seeing only half of the camera on full screen. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this.

Frogdog1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Full screen mode for live video deosn't display p[roperly in Safari.  It displays only partial view and seems shifted off the top of the screen with no way to move it down.  This worked last week.

bunchadogs
Aspirant
Aspirant
screen only displays 1/2 of screen when trying to enlarge the picture., the bottom half of screen stays white.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

sounds like an issue with your device, have you tried the web based Arlo login? and if so what were the results of that ?

Also what are your Arlo camras & base station firmware ?
What Arlo software version are you using ?
What device are you using and it's OS version ?

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

jscirocco, 

What computer do you have and what operating system is it running?

yvonnehawaii,

What OS is your Mac running?

franciscor
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem. It also work ok for me last week. What ever update they did ruined full screen view under safari. It works just fine in both Chrome and Firefox. I even tried to reinstall flash but that didnt fix the problem.  Still only see half the videoo in full screen.

jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor

Having the issue both at work and at home. Work is a PC - Windows 7 and at home it's a MacBook running whatever the latest version of OSX is, just updated last week I think.

I'm using Chrome. I tested it out using internet explorer at the office and i am able to view full screen. Appears it's a problem with Chrome.

rm125moto
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with my MacBook Air runing MacOS High Sierra ver 10.13.5.

Anyone figure out how to fix this issue?

MauiSailorJin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue on Mac. started with the update. I have 4 pro cameras and arlo baby. Issue with all of them. arlo baby also lost the sound
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jscirocco wrote:

Having the issue both at work and at home. Work is a PC - Windows 7 and at home it's a MacBook running whatever the latest version of OSX is, just updated last week I think.

I'm using Chrome. I tested it out using internet explorer at the office and i am able to view full screen. Appears it's a problem with Chrome.

I use Chrome almost exclusively and am not seeing this. Can't say why some have the issue and not others.

jpgjohan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since some days my macbook screen shows only 50 %, the bottom part is white, on my iphone it works fine ???

Beez506
Initiate
Initiate

Using a Macbook Pro and have the same problem with Safari. When I switched to Chrome, I got a message that my flash was not up to date. (I checked and it is up to date) There was a place to click to update the flash player. When I clicke on it, I was able to display the full screen on Chrome but still can't do it on Safari.

rm125moto
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I tried Chrome on my MacBook Air. I received a message to update the Flash Player, which I did, and now full view works, but only when using Chrome. Safari and FireFox still display half of the full view. 

Teedeebee
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem since a couple of week. Don't think it is a problem with the unit, rather a webpage issue since the display is the same with all my 3 cameras. It only appears when i want to watch full screen, and not in multi unit mode.

Enclosing screeen shot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Beez506 wrote:

Using a Macbook Pro and have the same problem with Safari. When I switched to Chrome, I got a message that my flash was not up to date. (I checked and it is up to date) There was a place to click to update the flash player. When I clicke on it, I was able to display the full screen on Chrome but still can't do it on Safari.

To get rid of that message in Chrome, paste chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission into the URL bar and disable it. Restart Chrome.

RichardGM
Guide
Guide

Expanding live view on Mac desktop/laptop only displays on bottom half of frame and now I can't change any mode settings on my cameras. I'm using a Macbook Pro running High Seirra 10.13.6. Has been working good till last week. Tried using Google Chrome on my Mac and all works OK. This seems to be a Mac issue and started with the App update for iphone for some reason affecting Web based viewing.