Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Arlo Expert

Re: Arlo Pro Push Notification Is Sending Multiple Ding Sounds After Update

Hi @OurHattonHome,

Acutally, yes, I do work with our engineering and QA teams on the app. Smiley Happy Thanks for your detailed responses - this is very helpful in giving more clarity to those teams as we track down the root cause here.

And for geofencing - we're still investigating this one as well. We've rolled out improvements over the past few months for this feature and it seems to have been somewhat successful, but clearly there are still issues. I'll keep feedback like what you've provided in front of our developers.

Thanks for al your help! I may reach out with more questions once the teams look over your feedback.

Message 101 of 109
Aspirant

Has this problem on Samsung Galaxy S7... seems to be fixed in 2.7.0 which came out 01/08/2019.

I assume it was part of that release but can't know for sure because they don't have detailed release notes. Would be nice for someone from Arlo to confirm the problem was fixed in this verison.

If someone from Arlo confirms, I will change my 2 star rating in Play Store to 5 star with a thanks (this problem was _very_ annoying)

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 102 of 109
Arlo Expert

@brettwgreen , let me circle back with the team. The 5 star would surely be appreciated, but I want to make sure we've properly earned it. Smiley Happy 

Message 103 of 109
Arlo Expert

@brettwgreen Also, can you please confirm the version of Android you are on today? 

Message 104 of 109
Arlo Expert

@jgsouthard Thank you for the additional detail!!

Message 105 of 109
Aspirant

It's a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0 (Oreo)

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 106 of 109
Aspirant

Today my Arlo started to work correctly.  Only one notification per event.  Hopefully, the ordeal is over.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 107 of 109
Highlighted
Arlo Expert

Hi @Harley85 - sorry if you mentioned it earlier in the thread, but you could also provide here the make and model of your phone, the version of Android you're running, confirmation of the version of the Arlo app, as well as your setup? (ie just one Arlo Pro 2 and one Arlo Q and one Arlo Pro, etc)

Thanks!

Message 108 of 109
Aspirant

I am beyond fed up w this... I only have 2 cameras and I'll get 2 notifications per camera at the same time all day. I've tried the fixes as well to no avail. However something very interesting... I uninstalled the app cleaned cache and reinstalled. Now I get 3 notifications per camera. I've spoken to CS and they told me same as everyone else. This has gone on long enough. I thot about uninstalling the app and going online to view cameras but of course that doesnt work so I am forced to use app. I guess of this isnt fixed soon I'll sell the camera system a.d find something else.

I like these cameras and want to keep but these things go off 50 times give or take a day so that x's 3 notifications ea is making me nuts.

I have an s9+ if it matters.

Please fix this arlo!
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 109 of 109