Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station keeps resetting itself and going offline intermittently

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
pgalbavy
Guide
Guide

The cynic (rather: realist) in me thinks that local recordings and convenience accessing them impact the subscriber potential and so will be deprioritised as much as possible. You might even think, given removing local storage fixes the hanging for a number of us, that this is a deliberate change...

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@pgalbavy wrote:

The cynic (rather: realist) in me thinks that local recordings and convenience accessing them impact the subscriber potential and so will be deprioritised as much as possible.

Arlo promised local access because there was uproar when the Ultra system arrived without any free on-line storage beyond the initial one-year's "free" service died . So it came up with the the idea of delivering this over the browser interface before the year was out.

Yes, local access will reduce the need for a cloud account, but even Arlo has to recognise that some people do not want to spend even more money on top of the high cost of the hardware.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Jlcwci1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro2 base station, bought at Costco about  2 months ago is 

constantly going off line. I changed the modem and router thinking

that might be the problem because we have Comcast/Exfinity and they are terrible. 

It didn’t do any good so it has to be the base unit.

gonna need to call Arlo and see if there is a fix as it looks like others have the same issue

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good luck.  Thousands of Arlo customers with same problem for months... no resolution in sight. I have been all over Arlo support, getting nowhere.  Return it if you have  a chance.  Too late for me.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think along these same lines fixing anything with the pro 2 bases/cameras that people are reporting is wayyyy low on the totem pole - if even in sight. Forced obsolescence/force customers to buy the new Ultras.

I am now only using the SmartHub for 2 Ultras and 5 Pro 2’s..... working mostly well but sometimes recordings are missed or shorter than the designated 2 minutes - especially if there’s multiple actions/cameras being tripped. However I tried used the Pro 2 Base at one end of the house and the SmartHub at the other - it was the best signal but the gimpy/screwed up nature of the Pro 2 Base simply isn’t worth it.... at least the Ultra Base records everything properly. Signal strength has been pretty good - and the funny thing is when using both base stations, the Ultras still only had 2 bars through 1 wall 8 feet away. You can practically be on top of the hub and not have full bars - but the signal strength is always solid with 1 bar missing so it’s not of concern.

Alas I gave up and only using the SmartHub for now.
Jjd380
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had system for several years, past several months base disconnected through out the day and night . Seems like software problems, connection to my other cameras are fine. Thinking of scraping Arlo. Customer service is poor and no help. Updates made system worst over the years. Any solutions? Arlo Customer Service? Can not keep resetting system. Poor poor poor
Muchkin
Star
Star

I have also tried creating an identical "Armed" mode (named it "Armed 2), and still my base station would go offline 2 to 3 times a day. 

Now I have tried removing my usb flash drive, and I haven't noticed it go offline once!  It's been about 3 days and counting now and I have remained connected!  I emailed Arlo tech support informing them of this issue.  I hope they fix it so I can plug in my usb drive again.  I would prefer to keep some local storage.  Arlo has yet to respond to my email (big surprise there).

For reference, I have Arlo Pro, VMB4000r3 running firmware 1.12.2.4_2772

RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice

I regret to add, that this issue is not limited to Pro 2. I have two base stations, one Ultra with a mixture of Ultra and Pro 2 cameras linked, and a Pro 2 base with some Pro 2 cameras linked. I have seen before my very eyes over the last few weeks, most recently earlier today, where the Ultra Camera picked up motion, the "running man" and the SD card symbol went orange (on the web portal), suggesting it was recording to the cloud, but no recording ever turned up! So its bigger than Pro 2!!!

Tadek192
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cameras not connected. All it says is getting Status and base station will not connect to the internet. Used to work
Spogie
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system (Base Station plus 4 cams) has worked well for more 2 years, but suddenly went dead. The base station cannot be contacted at all and says it has no internet connection allthough it is wired to the sme router as always, which function fine with other devicdes. I have tried to reset three times, but it does not help.

the light for power and internet connection are green. the last (the far right) is amber

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Return it if you can. Arlo has no intention of fixing offline issues. They want to force customers to upgrade. The worst company i’ve dealt with is Netgear
dwhitejazz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once a week all our Arlo cameras lose sync with the base station (VMB3010r2), firmware 1.12.2.4_2772. I think this is happening when the weekly DHCP lease expires and renews. Rebooting the base station usually resyncs all the cameras but sometimes I have to manually resync some of the cameras individually. Looking for a solution so that the base station does not need to be rebooted every week when the weekly DHCP lease expires and renews.

Arlo cameras are firmware 1.3.319, hardware version H7.

Thank you.

OmniWaya
Initiate
Initiate

Same here this cost to much for these problems

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor
I'm away on holiday and the app shows my base station as offline, so it's not working. All other services working on my home WiFi. So what can I do?
MrBill16
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem and was 200 miles away.  When I came back home the internet connect light on the hub was yellow.  I disconnected the power to the hub and plugged it back in.  After boot up, everything began to work.  BTW, there were no power failures while I was away from home.  As a temporary fix, I have plugged the hub power into a D-link remote switch which I can turn off/on from wherever I have internet.  I will be replacing the arlo cameras with Wyze cameras in the future.  I have just bought 4 of them for my summer cabin for less then the price as one Arlo Pro 2 camera.  

From reading the posts in this forum, it appears many are expericing offline issues and it seems that Arlo will not/has not addressed the issue.

Sheppeyboy
Guide
Guide
The update was applied earlier today, would not take so had to power cycle base to get it loaded. Seemed to be happy for four hours then everything fell over. Camera don’t stay online, base keeps rebooting, rebooted and still going offline.
avaloney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. It keeps going offline and never comes back. This comes after the previous issue of timezone changes.

It is really a frustrating as I (and many of us) have invested heavily into this system (5 cameras, 3 security lights, and 1 doorbell) and it seems a wired solution would have been better off.

Arlo really needs to step up their software game. It's hurting the business.

MarkLa
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed my external USB drives and the base stations have been online for two months now. Everyone should disconnect until it gets figured out.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Agree with MarkLa.

Mine still goes offline twice a day but at least the cameras come back after half an hour instead of a few hours and have to resync all camera’s again.
jiress
Guide
Guide
I have a similar issue. I must restart the base station every week because the b.s. goes offline without respond. I find that the cameras are pro 2 doesn't detect movement time to time-aproximatly 2 times per day. I know it because in front of the house detects movement but at the entrance not. Why?! I happens after the update which solved the loading video issues. What to do? Hard reset? Does anyone the same problem ?
LDPilot
Initiate
Initiate

All of a sudden my base station is offline with none of the lights illuminated. I have gone thru the troubleshooting guide several times but not cured the problem.  Help!

dekat12
Star
Star

My base station went off line around 1:40 pm EST today. It will not boot back up. Extremely annoyed with the issue with these camaras lately

Redlimit835
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, several gaps throughout the day where baseatation just goes offline.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Installed a fresh base station 4kr3, firstly will not format a working USB device, after 48 hours the base station goes offline continually.
Again my unique environment is outside of the home country.
Ribbit74
Tutor
Tutor

I believe I'm getting the same message; logging into the app gives the message "Your base station is offline" for both of my cameras. The base station itself has 3 green lights, the network light is blinking with activity, and my home router can also see the device on the network. But the app shows it's completely offline.

Yes I've restarted it multiple times.

I wonder if the recent firmware update (adding Homekit support) knocked out my base station? It last worked the day before yesterday.