Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mines offline AGAIN right now and has been for about 35 minutes now. This time the middle light is blinking green but slowly. I’ve also seen it amber, but not this time. I think these base stations are faulty
Dannybear
Master
Master
I am thinking the same about my base station. I wonder how long it takes to rebuild it’s internal flash memory. The offline issue for me has lessened since I let it do it’s thing and not power cycle it.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
For 3 weeks now our vmb 4000 arlo pro base station has continued to go offline 1-5 or more times a day. For about an hour each time. Only power cycling gets it back online. The green light for internet usually goes out. But sometimes it’s solid green or blinking but the base will be on an offline state. We have heard from teir 2 tech support that arlo is supposed to come out with a firmware update , it’s their highest priority , blah blah blah. We have bean through the ringer with tech support. We have gone through 4 base stations 2 routers. Climbed up and down ladders. But we have not gotten any kind of fix or public message from arlo about this. We definitely feel let down by arlos lack of communication in this matter. Basically for 3 weeks we have had an unreliable camera system. Arlo pros worked pretty well for @ 2 years but now it’s horrible. The cameras are draining battery with the offline base. This is really unacceptable from a security company.
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

This is beyond turning a blind eye. You have a great product. Step up and take ownership. Make a statement to your customers about the serious issues that we are experiencing. If the CEO cannot or wishes not to then please do not advertise this product as a camera security system. I think we would all like to see the ARLO's camera systems work, but for what ever reason if this is not possible. I ask on behalf of the majority (my own assumptions) on here posting with issues created since the May firmware update to cease operations and be honest. I think it is a safe assumption that we would all like to move on beyond this point. Thanks Gary

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

KenRBNJ, I could not agree more! Why do they force update without thoroughly testing it?!!! At least give us the option not to update or something. Crazy. It is going on a month and a half and still no mention on their website of any issues? Are you kidding me?

ependi_ependi
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh my god.....  you all upset at this forum like a debate in the past US presidential election. Is the long and slow response from Arlo technical support only because of the simple problem of "they don't know it" ?, like the post below:

vizsla4084
Star
Re: Base changed Timezone again and I cannot access the library AGAIN

I finally had a Live Chat with Arlo... someone finaally connected after 3 days of trying.

Anyway, bottom line ... Derrick ( Arlo ) says that they are NOT AWARE of the issue with the base station changing Time Zones.

I told Derrick that someone from Arlo should bother to monitor the Community board be ause LOTS of people are having this issue.... even though he says that Arlo is not aware of the issue.

Now, Derrick just asked me if I have reset the base back to Factort Default to see if that helped. I told him NO .. if this worked for 8 months until last week or so , what changed from Arlo to start the issue.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Offline for over an hour and a half this morning!

Great security system!

Arlo doesn't care

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo sells security cameras and then doesn't monitor its forums for issues or listen to it's many many customers who are having issues. I have a Uniden R7 rada detector and there technicians monitor and respond in a forum not even affiliated with Uniden. Then guess what? They listen to their customers and make freaquent updates based on feedback with added features. Uniden seems to actually care and respond. And Arlo/Netgear is supposed to keep my home secure and they do nothing to communicate anything or do very little testing with their "updates". They do not even akknowledge issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
I was told by one tech at arlo that the firmware update for the offline issue was their highest priority. However since then almost every other base station in the last week has gotten new firmware it seems like for the time zone issue change - that I thought was supposedly already fixed over a week ago. What about the people who’s arlo pro base stations keep going offline. We haven’t heard anything at all from arlo in the community about this. This is the most serious issue. This is totally unacceptable from a security company. It’s bean over 3 weeks with an unreliable camera system going offline up to or more than 5 times a day. And we are getting no response or help from arlo. Why haven’t they fixed this. We just get the run around and wrong information from their tech support. How can you treat customers this way who pay monthly for your services. Arlo is one of if no the worst company I have encountered. Their billing dept is the worst. The won’t even let you talk directly to their billing department. You have to talk to basically another department who puts you on hold while they explain your problem to the billing department. It’s a game of telephone. None of my billing issues were ever resolved- @ 200$ worth of them.
Apprentice
Apprentice
nanaracero
Aspirant
Aspirant
I already did everything and it’s connected to the internet and the lights on the base station are solid yellow/green. I turned off the modem attached to my wall and turned off the unit, then turned it back on but it’s still offline. Is it because I don’t have a monthly subscription to Arlo?
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
🇺🇸 USA!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but the amber LED(s) are an issue. Which ones are what colors?

Apprentice
Apprentice
I think the problem are regional or maybe based on serial number. Either way Arlo is not doing a good job. The response is slow and casual.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
AGREE !!! THANK YOU !!!! Our arlo pro base goes offline 1-5 times a day. We have tried 4 base stations. 2 routers. We have heard nothing back from arlo. This all started after the May firmware update.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We don’t understand why we have no response from arlo. There is no fix going on 3 weeks for the offline base issue. We live not far from arlo headquarters - Bay Area. We feel like arlo is not treating their customers with respect. Especially when we are paying a monthly subscription fee.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Chin just file a BBB complaint online against Netgear. They will respond in 24 hours. Contact the media.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
it would probably have to Be a lot of people contacting them to get any kind of response.
Ask21900
Aspirant
Aspirant
When a video is recorded just after midnight but the device you are attempting to view the video on is in a lesser timezone the app does not allow you to access the correct date to view the video.

For example, the cameras/base is in the Eastern Time zone and records a video at 1230am local time on the 10th. The homeowner is on vacation in California making it 930pm on the 9th locally. The user in California can not view the video because the app will not let them access videos for the 10th (being in the "future").
SherrySankey
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station keeps resetting to another time zone, and NOW, after a power outage all cameras are not accessible because base station shows Offline in application ALTHOUGH the LED lights show Internet connection and activity). I find NO EASY TO ACCESS help or guidance DIRECTLY from Arlo Support! It seems that many folks rely on 'others' who may have resolved similar problems in the community. If a product has ongoing issues then the product warrants ongoing 'direct' support.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base station has been offline yet again since 9:37 AM  (its 10:22 AM now). Online app says "Base is offline" but all the lights on the base station are solid green. When will this be fixed Arlo/Netgear? I'll be hesitant to buy another Netgear product in the future, thats for sure!

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just acne back online. 

No reliability with this "security" system.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Our base stations continue to go offline and then power cycle themselves an hour or more later - they do this many times a day. It’s bean going on since the May firmware update. I continue to post here almost every day - and have not heard anything at all from arlo about the issue. No eta time fix , nothing. We are still paying a monthly subscription for this product that doesn’t work for a portion of the day. Not what people expect from a security camera. This is not how you treat paying customers who spent @2000$ in the last 2 years. We have 9 cameras in our system.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just left this 1 star review on The Better Business Bureau  website for Arlo:

I have the Arlo Pro 2 outdoor security cam. As the name suggests, it's supposed to be a security camera, however, immediately after I got it, Arlo/Netgear updated the software (this past May, 2019) and since, it has caused the camera to be very unreliable for me and many many many others. Constant issues ever since with Time Zones randomly changing and needing to be fixed daily by the user (or the device does not record) and then the base station would go offline randomly (internet is rock solid for the Arlo customer base reporting these issues), and therefore, does not record or capture images, randomly throughout the day and night. Arlo/Netgear has a support # where this has been reported numerous times by many customers and on their support website where such issues are reported by the hundreds (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Base-station-Is-offline-message-VMB4000/m-p/1706199#M29662) and yet Arlo/Netgear had done nothing since May 25th besides releasing another buggy update (1.12.2.2_2754) that fixed a Time Zone issue but nothing with the random offline issues! So Arlo/Netgear customers have had a nonsecure security camera and this issue is not safe. It is now June 16th. Arlo/Netgear does not even mention this huge issue on their service portal located here: https://status.arlo.com. Nope, nothing is mentioned about the known issue with the base station (which is hardwired) going offline throughout the day and night.
Totally outrages and I and thousand who paid a lot for this premium system feel unsupported, and not safe with this "security" system. Just look at their own site which I linked to above (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Base-station-Is-offline-message-VMB4000/m-p/1706199#M29662). This is not right, Arlo/Netgear.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We did the same thing. The way arlo is treating its customers is wrong. We paid 2000$+ for the 9 camera system that goes offline up to 5 times a day for an hour each time. In addition to the many wrong charges that we got from them that we could not get resolved - we were left with no choice. We continue to post here every day about the offline issue and arlo does not respond at all there is no information about any time frame for a fix or any acknowledgement of the issue not even an apology. Sorry. We are paying a monthly subscription fee for a product that doesn’t work because of arlos firmware update and they won’t offer any explanation or information on the issue or respond to the posts about it either.