Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

hello we have tried 3 different base stations and 2 different routers- 5 or 6 different ethernet cables. the base staitions keep going offline. sometimes the internet light is just out- and the app says getting status for each camera and mode. it can come back online after about an hour. other times the internet light on the base will just turn amber and then the app says base station offline. and then it wont come back online. either way a power cycle gets it back online. other devices on the same network are all online flawlessly. we have tried to contact support many times we have 9 cameras and arlo smart elite. someone suggested to delete our account and email and then create a new subscription with the new email adress - we are just trying this right now. we have also tried different usb flash drives. we are not experiencing the time zone issue but we have bean having the arlo pro offline base station issue since the last update of firmware about 2 weeks ago. before that we never had these kinds of issues.  since the update everything is going haywire ever day its going offline 5 or so times a day. yesterday it was not offline until only around 11 pm pacific time. tech support said l2 t2 would call me back and they never do i was promised a call back several time 3 times already.  i have a feeling the arlo firmware is all bad and corrupt. why cant they fix this problem have you noticed the price of thier stock has dropped alot since the arlo went public with thier ipo? its bean nothing but problems since alro became thier own company seperate from netgear. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChinJing wrote:

to jguerdat 

we have deleted our alro smart elite subscription and removed the base station. factory reset it and created a new email adress and arlo account and subscribed to arlo smart premier with the new email adress.  we will try this way is this what you meant? will keep updated.....

Yes, that's what I meant. No idea if it will help, just grasping at straws.

The USB formatting issue is new and has been reported. I've experienced it myself. Right now the workaround is to format the drive on a computer, being sure to use FAT32. You may need to use a 3rd party utility on Windows to perform the format on large drives since Windows wants to use a more efficient format such as exFAT or NTFS.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

We have removed our base Station and added it to a new account with arlo and new username and new subscription a few hours ago. It’s offline again and has bean for about 45 minutes. The light in the middle of the base station is out. Sometimes it will flicker green but then goes out. It doesn’t say offline in the app. It just says getting status. We have 8 cameras connected to it with arlo smart premier . Another second base station also brand new that was offline for 7 hours last night is currently online plugged into the same router. That one is on a different email account with no subscription and one camera. They are both plugged into the same router. The ports on the router don’t seem to matter.

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

PROBLEMS

1. Time Zone defaulting  to Pacific Time from Eastern Time all day long.

2. Base Station constantly going off line all day long.

Today I contacted Support and was given a case number.  

I was told they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Regarding my  base station going off line all day; I was told they were not aware of that problem.

I was instructed to do a factory reset by bringing all ten cameras to the base station to re sync to base. 

This is not an easy task as I will need a ladder to reach some of the cameras. 

I suspect this will not resolve the problem.

I advised the Support Worker to check out this forum.

Js68street
Star
Star
Same here base station is constantly going offline then when it comes back on my motion settings change to 80. These have become useless and a huge waste of money also from the looks of all the posts on here and no corrective action from Netgear/Arlo they could care less
WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today is June 3, 2019 and as I was viewing and cleaning up today's recording I received another message again, stating

"This video is not able to play in your browser.  Down load to view."

I tried to down load but the system will not down load.

The video in question was taken in bright sunlight  dated today but incorrectly date stamped at 2:53 am. 

When I contacted Support earlier today, I was told that happens when the video had not been viewed and was old.  I said that was not the case in my situation.  

Has anyone had this problem as well in additioin to the time zone and base station problems?

RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice
Add me to the list! VMB4000r3 with software version 1.12.2.1_2798 I am having exactly the same issue, only for the last couple of weeks. I have a multiple camera set-up, a Pro 2 base station and cameras, an Ultra Base station and cameras, and a Bridge connected to lights. The Pro 2 base station randomly goes off line, sometimes it comes back on its own other times it does not. If yopu look st the base station, the three green lights are showing, indicating there is no issue, and that it is connected. The only way to tell it is off line is there are no recordings from cameras connected to the Pro 2 base. Access through the web or app doesn't make any difference to the status. I know it has been off line because the time zone has reset to default. There are also some other issues that also coincide, the USB drive for local backup no longer works, it doesn't record to it, if I try formatting the drive the system says it doesn't exist! never did that before. I take the drive out and put it into a PC and there is nothing wrong with it. I have tried many things to correct, but nothing works. From the postings, it looks like there is a software issue, and those responsible aren't saying Jack!
RickNY
Star
Star
I fixed my timezone from Pacific back to Eastern this morning and then when I got home from work, the offline light on the base station was amber and 2 of my cameras out of 4 were showing offline. After a few seconds the light on base station changed from amber to green and now timezone went back to Pacific time
TH3R00ST3R
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought it was just me, but then my coworker who also has arlo can't get to his either. We get to the Arlo Portal, but it says all my base stations are offline. (and belong to them.. ;-p)

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

hello we have arlo pro base and cameras that the base goes offline many times a day- somtetimes its really offline with orange interent light. other times its the internet light on the base goes out and the app just says getting status.... we have tried multiple base stations routers flash drives combinations and it wont help this has bean going on for many days - a few weeks. there were multiple threads about this and they all got merged into one thread. i have spoken to T2 support and they said they are not really aware of this problem outside of the forum- they are aware of the time zone issue. 

TH3R00ST3R
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that sucks. Is there a commonality amongst users? Was it after a firmware update?

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

its not everyone experiencing this issue only some of us. we are using a comcast xb3 router. we are in pacific time zone. we were using a pny flash drive. thats the only thing i can think of... this all started after the last firware update about 2 weeks ago. 

TH3R00ST3R
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Frontier Internet, am also Pacific Time Zone and no flashdrive. . 

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

apparently some other time zones will default back to Pacific time zone when the base station goes offline. so its not clear if the 2 issues are related. but since we are in pacific time we wont be aware of the time zone issue. one person in another thread suggested creating a custom mode and using that- not sure if it works or not yet.

edwinsim
Tutor
Tutor
Is there a senior management's email which i can escalate this issue? Are the people on top of the organisation aware of the frustration from the customers?
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

hey we have same issues base stations going offline the last few weeks and this drains the batteries down.  we cannot figure out why the base stations keep going offline someone said it might be connected to the wrong time zone issue 

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

we are having the same issue with the usb dirves not working i think arlo is aware of the usb issue when i called tech support they told me they are aware of a time zone issue and usb issue but they are not aware of the offline issue. they asked me to send pictures of my app when it happens and the base station. just waiting for it to happen again...

Dannybear
Master
Master
@Dearjohn012
Re: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Base-Station-Offline-Temp-Fix/m-p/1702223#M28565

I have observed that using only custom modes does not prevent the base station from locking up, if anything it makes it worse as I now have it occurring every day at the same time. The base locks up with nil recordings and then after the internet light returns the time zone has reverted back to default PST.
Thanks for the efforts.
jpglenn
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station has been going offline as well. Happened twice today and had to restart the base station both time. Don't know about anyone else, but I am getting tired of Arlo always having problems. Not much of security camera if it constatntly goes offline.

RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes I am using custom modes too. If you use armed constantly or geofence capability it is not time dependant, but obviously scheduling custom modes is. Mine doesnt lock persay, it just stops recording events and reverts to default time. I can still reset it through the web portal or the iOS app most times, but not all the time. Sometimes it really loses its **bleep**!

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
There were several or many threads on the topic of base stations going offline and the moderator merged them all into one thread even though the topics are slightly different. Therefore the one combined thread became buried in the back of the threads instead of having many threads regarding this issue. Arlo tech support said they were not aware of this issue and the person I spoke to was trying to read through the threads when I was on the phone with him. I have read many people having this issue but it seems Arlo doesn’t admit or is unaware there is a problem with peoples base stations going offline since the last update. Maybe they are aware of it now I don’t know. I hope someone can please report to the engendering department that there are many people on the community saying their base stations keep going online and we have all tried everything.
sm1975
Guide
Guide

My system also keeps resetting timezone. Any resolution?

Dannybear
Master
Master
When my base station locks up it stops communicating with the cameras.
The camera batteries then begin rapidly discharging as they try to get a response from the base station.
The base station also stops any status or stream communication to the server.
The server provides default values back to the App or web portal that says that the base time zone is PST and the flicker status is Auto rather than the mains supply frequency along with the USB backup devices don’t exist.
As the camera status is not available the server does not display on the App the battery or wifi signal icons, just the detection icons.
When the base station begins working again the base TZ is updated by the server and all subsequent recordings shifts back in time.
The question I am seeking an answer to is if the server is causing the base to lockup or if the base is doing it on it’s own. I suspect the server is the trigger as the lockup is consistently occurring at the same time every day for me now.
Mcam01
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system has been doing this as well... waiting for "chat" Customer service as I write this. I'm amazed at the poor customer service as a subscriber.
linda185new
Star
Star

I called, emailed, chatted, send updates and questions through the online update form but nothing. No solution, not even a reply anymore.