Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. I have a problem integrating Smartthings and Arlo. I took a screen recording to show the problem: http://youtu.be/WscnGEcJos4. The biggest problem is that now Smarthings is not receiving information from the motion sensor in Arlo cameras and my automation no longer works.
8112EC25-8801-41AC-9AE7-4084E6E677AE.png
Best answers
  • Arlbroke
    Guide
    Guide

Mine started working yesterday.  I had to unlink and relink the Arlo account to Smartthings.  I also had to redo the smartlighting automations in Smartthings.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback, I have notified the Development team & we are working on a release for early next week. I will be sure to update you as soon as I hear more!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration and not receiving alerts should now be resolved. You do not need to relink your devices, you should now be receiving your automation alerts.

464 REPLIES 464
hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think the cloud-cloud integration is independent of the hub. Even without a ST hub, Arlo can be added to the ST app
hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
In my case, everything has been working for 3 days! Is there someone who was also lucky to finish the integration!?
8850547C-4539-4962-BB5E-987A30FC908C.png
BxBillBx
Star
Star
In my case in ST app I got an error when I integrated Arlo but everything populated and has been working. I only use the ST app no hub.
parost
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Removed the integration. Created new integration and got error messages. Tried a few times and suddenly the cameras was up and running with motion detection to smartthings again.

Jeremy_Alejandr
Star
Star
Same here, the integration is currently working for me for a couple of days now. Even the "no motion" event seems to be flowing through ST consistently today. I hope this doesn't jinx it.

But yeah, I plan to monitor this for maybe another day or two before I start putting back all my lost / broken routines.
Wilburdoo
Guide
Guide
The reports of it lasting longer than 24 hours, got me to try re-linking. I hadn't heard any updates ony Arlo or Smartthings tickets. I received an error, and no cameras at first. When I went to un-link, everything populated....Motion events haVe been showing in Smartthings for about 8 hrs now. Fingers crossed half-hazardly....
JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still not getting an motion in ST. Does anyone have an Ultra that's successfully sending motion to ST? What are the settings you used on the camera & hub? I'm thinking, with all of the fiddling I've been doing, trying to get these to work, maybe I screwed up a setting, somewhere.
Wilburdoo
Guide
Guide
Mixture of Pro and Pro2 w/ vmb4000r3 over here. Camera type issues don't make much since, but anything is possible. Smartthings was pointing the figure back at Arlo in my ticket update from last week. Seems neither knows exactly what the issue is still.
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think it's probably time Arlo shareholders and the public know that Arlo is losing subscribers and revenue because they are not devoting time and effort to fix this broken longstanding integration with the largest smarthome platform in the world.  Leaving this popular integration broken for over 2 months is not acceptable.

Reaching out to my press contacts later today to light that 🔥

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can't turn the doorbell on/off, but you can restart (reboot) it.  I don't know why they did that.

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
So, all of my automations sprang to life, early this evening! Hopefully, they'll continue working for awhile, but I'll post back if they stop working.

On another subject, has anyone received the new SmartThings hub firmware?
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
Today my cameras successfully showed up but still not getting motion triggers.
JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
A week or two ago, when I deleted my integration, I also cleared the cache & data, deleted the Arlo app, reinstalled, and re-linked the integration. For me, this is SOP: I always clear the cache & data, when I uninstall an app, so when I reinstall, it installs fresh. Yeah, the OS is supposed to free up the memory, but sometimes data is left behind.
parost
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is really stupid..

Now I use Smartthings to turn on/off all cameras. But for some reason the doorbell should always report motion and send notifictions?!

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Motion triggering in SmartThings has stopped for me also. This has been for weeks now, when will this be resolved as I have security automations setup and not working.
Wilburdoo
Guide
Guide
More than 24-hrs and motion events are still showing in Smartthings history. Hopes are rising...
JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
You can turn off motion alerts for the Doorbell under Settings/Smart Notifications. You can also change the app notification settings under Settings/Notifications/GO TO SETTINGS, which is faster & easier than hard-quitting the app, and going to (Android) Phone Settings/Apps/Arlo/Notifications. And before anyone chides me about "hard-quitting the app", yes, that's the way you SHOULD do it. Even though Android allows you to make changes to an app that's open, that's asking for trouble.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Removed Arlo from SmartThings, now unable to readd.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

There will be an update coming soon, roughly early next week that should resolve this issue. I will provide a confirmation update when this issue has been resolved. 

Thank you

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks ShayneS!

Just FYI: mine started working, all by itself several days ago.

RyanEnscoe
Tutor
Tutor
Mine is working but not like it used to. There is a decent delay before it kicks the lights on. And occasionally the lights never shut off after the motion stops. I have it set for 5 minutes with the smart lighting app. It's better than not having lights at all but it's still annoying.
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
Count your self lucky!!! I have reintegrated mine so many times it’s not funny. The longer they work on the problem the harder it is to get the cameras to repopulate in ST. Only to have the motion events work for a couple hours to about 12 hours. The latest update from a mod was we are working on an update & will update you again soon hopefully next week. Total BS
JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice

For those of you who still haven't gotten Arlo to send notifications to SmartThings:  My cameras started sending notifications to SmartThings, several days ago, all by themselves.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I did the following steps before re-linking the Arlo integration (I'm on Android, so I'm not sure of the procedure for the iPhone folks, but presumably it'll be similar):

1)  Open the SmartThings app, and delete the Arlo integration.

2)  If the Arlo app is open, hard-close it, using the 3 vertical bars.

3)  Go to phone settings>Apps>Arlo.  Click "Force Stop".  Then go to Storage, and click "Clear cache", and "Clear data".  This step removes any data the app has reserved.

4)  Uninstall the Arlo app.

5)  Reboot the phone (or power off/on).

6)  Wait until the phone has completely rebooted.  This could take a few minutes...

7)  Reinstall the Arlo app, and log in.

😎  Open the SmartThings app, and le-link the Arlo integration.  My cameras didn't show up immediately; it took between 30-45 seconds before they repopulated, and they were all put into a room called "Unused Room".

JohnT4423
Guide
Guide
My motion events have been working for the last 3 days. Going to setup my automations now and see how it goes..
ROrsten
Initiate
Initiate
Is this a new post or is it just copied from the identical promise from December? The sole purpose of my cameras is triggering motion alarms and exporting snapshots. My system has been useless for months and the only signs of support is from Arlo users. Arlo shows up with empty promises and requests to to check the support section of the app. which is how we got here in the first place