Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. I have a problem integrating Smartthings and Arlo. I took a screen recording to show the problem: http://youtu.be/WscnGEcJos4. The biggest problem is that now Smarthings is not receiving information from the motion sensor in Arlo cameras and my automation no longer works.
8112EC25-8801-41AC-9AE7-4084E6E677AE.png
Best answers
  • Arlbroke
    Guide
    Guide

Mine started working yesterday.  I had to unlink and relink the Arlo account to Smartthings.  I also had to redo the smartlighting automations in Smartthings.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback, I have notified the Development team & we are working on a release for early next week. I will be sure to update you as soon as I hear more!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration and not receiving alerts should now be resolved. You do not need to relink your devices, you should now be receiving your automation alerts.

464 REPLIES 464
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your understanding while we worked to identify & resolve this issue. This issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration not receiving alerts should now be resolved. Your automations should have automatically started again. If you are still experiencing an issue with your SmartThings automations, please Delink and Re-link your SmartThings account.

Regards,

Arlo Team 

RLKetterman
Guide
Guide

DAY 2 - STILL WORKING FLAWLESSLY

I did not have to do anything.  Started working around mid-night yesterday, with no modifications needed.  No disconnect or reconnect was needed, nor were new automations required.   

After extensive testing, I have found the following…………

1. Motion – Fixed.                                Arlo is now sending Motion messages to SmartThings.  There is Motion History now in SmartThings, and triggering SmartThings Automations.
  2. Audio – Fixed.                                   Arlo is now sending Audio messages to SmartThings.  There is Audio History now in SmartThings, and triggering SmartThings Automations.
  3. Battery % – Fixed.                           Arlo is now sending the correct Battery Level messages to SmartThings.
  4. Camera Status – Still Broke.        If you turn ON a Camera within the Arlo App, Arlo is not sending the flag to SmartThings to show that Camera is ON.  Shows OFF in SmartThings.  However, it is working the opposite direction, which was working before.

Thank You for fixing items 1 through 3.  It was a long time waiting since December 23rd.

Rick   (Retired Software Engineer/Tested)

•  
GrahamMo
Tutor
Tutor
I had to delink my account, relink, and then set up my routines again, but now it is working. Disappointing that it took this long to fix. I thought Arlo was going the way of Wink frankly.
bikereff2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the cameras to show motion with smartthings after I removed and re-linked. Smartthings will still not control cameras (turn off and on). 

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Motion stopped showing up in smartthings again this AM and looked to have started after midnight central time zone.can this be real? Had three different motion events on three different cameras that showed in Arlo app but not in Smartthings. What?
Tseyvar
Star
Star
Same for me, motion events seem to have quit sending to smartthings about 1 am EST last night....
Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here we go again.....I am guessing everyone's is broke again.
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine stopped as well overnight... I would wager anything that they pushed out the hotfix last week to resolve, but didn't back port that hotfix into the next update they were working on. Then last night, they pushed a new update completely void of the emergency fix code. That would also mean they have little or no version control, which wouldn't shock me in the least, seeing how utterly incompetent Arlo is at doing their job.

@ShayneS 

mwf369
Guide
Guide

The integration is down again for me as well.

Arlbroke
Guide
Guide

Down for me as well.  Looks like this fix lasted about 1 week.  How can any company be this incompetent and why would anybody buy from them at this time?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update! I will have this investigated immediately. 

g-spot
Tutor
Tutor

with all due respect, how about having this FIXED immediately?  And permanently, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble…?

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice
I might give Arlo tech support a call to see if they can resolve this, provide useful updates or otherwise lend assistance. Yeah sure.... right before I run into a mama grizzly bears den hooting and hollering while slathered in honey.....
arlomike
Star
Star

Broke overnight for me as well. Worked last night. Sigh. 

LivesInThought
Guide
Guide
Yep mine is broken too. It was fun while it lasted.
70sMuscle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Motion detection started working again.  Don't touch it now!!!

Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just verified mine is working again as well. Arlo, what in the name of all that is good is going on? Are you guys failing, developers drinking on the job, what is the deal? Can you guys just be honest instead of blowing pixie dust around? People will understand but this is getting almost comical (if it weren't affecting people smart homes and automations that are direct safety issues).
Arlogenus
Apprentice
Apprentice
PS....please don't thank us for our patience because again no one here needs pixie dust up their a$&, just the plain truth and explanation of what the deal is!
paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine was not working at 7:22 AM ET, but started working again between then and 7:49 AM ET.

LivesInThought
Guide
Guide
Mine is working today as well. Maybe some of use should get credits for Arlo Production validation.
Tseyvar
Star
Star
Mine started working again around 5:30 EST this morning
Arlbroke
Guide
Guide

Mine is working again.  The real question is for how long this time.

arlomike
Star
Star
The question should be, why did it break and what are they doing to fix it permanently. This is a simple RCA that all SaaS companies communicates to their customers. Come on netgear, get it together.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We believe we have identified variables affecting the SmartThings integration. Thank you for your ongoing feedback and patience. 

Regards,

Arlo Team 

ATXScott
Guide
Guide

I have delinked and relinked my cameras with Smartthings, and I have rewritten my automation, but to no avail. Is this still an ongoing issue with everyone, or is there something else I need to do to get my motion automations working again from my Arlo cameras??

Spoiler