Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
FriarJnr
Star
Star

@hhzhao wrote:

I am in the same frustrated boat, no matter what steps that I have taken (from great community members here), I just can not pass the "Uncertified Accessory" error. At this point, given all the feed back from members exoeriences with limited function within HomeKit, I am pretty much given up on trying. On a side note, the support from Arlo is pretty much a joke, all they will tell you is check with all the settings on your phone, whihc if any of those not set, you won't even get to HomeKit anyway! I am seriously think there is no knowledge and communication within Arlo about this "HomeKit" roll out and how neglated on provide a truly tested, well supported solution at this time! Or, it is Arlo's efforts to have you stick to their App, and "HomeKit support" is nothing more a market gamic! 

For everyone's reference, here is my system info:

Base unit: 4000r3

Camera: Arlo Pro

iOS: 13 Beta 7 (public) and iOS 12.4 (it is correct, for iOS 12, it did not creat temp Homes)

All up to date software and firmware.

I feel your pain.

I've switched to a Netatmo Smart Outdoor Camera which setup and worked perfectly 1st time, which is ironic as the actual hardware is older than Arlo's, yet it works with HomeKit. An imminent firmware update will also make it work with Apple's Secure Video, Arlo take note!!!

They have also announce a doorbell which, shock horror, contains an actual camera 😱 This will be purchased upon release.

Now I know certain people will point out that these are hardwired but that is no excuse for Arlo not getting their stuff working with HomeKit after all this time, which they incidentally promised months ago, and for releasing a doorbell which basically makes you buy another camera to make it worthwhile!

I'd also like to add the major fail of their solar panel which appears to come with a non-weather resistant cable/connector judging by all the complaints 🤣 Again, Arlo haven't address this, they suggest you put sealant around the connector so then it can't be removed 🙄

Bye bye arlo 👋🏻

tomtomkinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it working after re-starting my phone once and the bridge twice.  Still getting the temp home pop ups though less frequently.  Did not have to touch home hubs.

Seems to work well thus far on home network, homekit integration doesn't work at all over cellular however which pretty much defeats the purpose.

jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Do you have a hub device such as Apple TV or homepod or iPad configured to be a hub? This is needed for HomeKit remote access via iCloud
tomtomkinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do.

All other homekit devices function normally over cellular.

tomtomkinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your response got me thinking, I hadn't re-booted my apple tv yet.  I did a restart and now homekit integration works over cellular.

Will update if anything changes over the next few days of testing but as of now, it all works as advertised.

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

@tomtomkinson wrote:

Your response got me thinking, I hadn't re-booted my apple tv yet.  I did a restart and now homekit integration works over cellular.

Will update if anything changes over the next few days of testing but as of now, it all works as advertised.

Do Siri commands work if you try to view a particular camera? Thanks

tomtomkinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

They do, really fast.  Takes maybe 10-20 seconds for the live image to render in but has worked consistently.

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, I just can't figure it out. I tell Siri show me "xxx camera" in "yyy room" and all it does is open that room in the Home app. I have reset everything, AppleTV, HomePods, Arlo Base Station, router, phone. What is crazy is if I say show me garage camera, a name I have never used with an Arlo camera, it will open one of the cameras. This is the feature I really want to work. Thanks again for letting me know.

Genau
Initiate
Initiate

Add me to the shockingly long list of users experiencing the "Uncertified Accessory" error when attempting to add their Arlo setup to Apple's HomeKit. Leaving the extremely limited functionality aside for the moment, I can not express how frustrating this is/was.

One of my cameras (orig. Arlo Pro) began acting up recently where the motion sensor no longer functions, essentially rendering the camera useless. So now I am counting down the days when the whole setup ceases to function and I can finally abandon Arlo's amateurishly executed hardware for good.

Especially considering the cost of entry, Arlo has proven to be the most frustrating hadware purchase I've ever made. The Ford Edsel of security cameras/hardware, indeed.

Doesn't matter if you've got the right hardware and firmware and follow the instructions to the proverbial "t" – it simply will not work. Stunningly infuriating incompetence at its finest.

arlo-homekit.png

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not sure, but I think opening cam in Home app is what it’s intended to do.
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@speedracer43 wrote:

Thanks, I just can't figure it out. I tell Siri show me "xxx camera" in "yyy room" and all it does is open that room in the Home app. I have reset everything, AppleTV, HomePods, Arlo Base Station, router, phone. What is crazy is if I say show me garage camera, a name I have never used with an Arlo camera, it will open one of the cameras. This is the feature I really want to work. Thanks again for letting me know.

Im also having the same issue, I can't get Siri to open the correct camera. 

rupert2005
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pleas add me to the list .I have the same problem.

KCDesert42
Guide
Guide

Same problem that I reported more than a month ago. This is RIDICULOUS, Arlo. Spent $1000 on your garbage and all I get is ZERO support, ZERO solutions like thousands of other suckers. Fix IT or give all of us FULL refunds, immediately. #ARLOLAWSUIT

cfeller13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Several months ago I purchased two new Arlo Ultra cameras (with base) to compliment my existing 12 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  I did this in anticipation of the HomeKit integration.  Much to the Arlo communities surprise, integration was released for the Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  This does me very little good after I swapped to the updated base station.  Even though their press release in January indicated integration for the Pro model they have yet to deliver.  Customer service continues to tell me it is the fault of engineering.  Any suggestions?

bscardin
Star
Star

This has been marked as solved but there are over 400 messages across 18 pages of people outlining issues and for many people this is simply not working (e.g. "Uncertified Accessory" error).

This is far from "solved".

MDNZ
Guide
Guide
HomeKit for Ultra finally released. Might be worth retesting
FriarJnr
Star
Star
Yep, totally agree. Because it works in their perfect lab conditions, we’re all wrong and they don’t bother to assist! Mine still says Uncertified Accessory and I’ve tried everything suggested and running full, public release iOS so no excuses there! As a direct result of their lack of support and caring, I am switching to Netatmo and already have one of their cameras, much better kit, works with HomeKit and will support Apple Secure Video (which Arlo have confirmed they have no intention of doing), so basically, Arlo can stick it.
Sealey
Guide
Guide

Have you ever reached out directly to Arlo Support on top of what you can find here on the Community Forum?  Their support number is 408.638.3750.

FriarJnr
Star
Star
Nope, because unlike other systems, Arlo charge for support outside of the 90 day purchase window 😡
JMB32
Aspirant
Aspirant

When do you expect to have the Pro 3 compatible with Apple HomeKit?

RalpDitto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pleased to see that Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Ultra are now Apple Homekit Compatible.         Does this include Homekit secure video on either system?        Will Arlo also support the Homekit secure video?      On which models?        thanks!

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

It does not include HomeKit Secure Video. Arlo has stated they have no plans to support it either. Look at Eufy cams for both. They are much more responsive. In HK my Arlo’s pro & pro 2s take about 10 seconds or more to go live and my Eufy Cam 2s take less than a second. 

RalpDitto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.    Will check out the Eufy.