Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I had your issues, a commenter from this site suggested to reinstall the base station and give it a different name than you had.  After that, everything went fine and can remote view on all devices with IOS 12.4 and IOS 13 Beta 6...

rwarren1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I will give that a try this evening.

HackneyMark
Tutor
Tutor

HAHAHA!!! 

BTW, for those reading and wondering about automation of the motion sense of an Arlo Pro2 camera to activate a light, for instance, it works just fine. I set on up to turn on lights when the front door cameral sense motion and voila`!! 

jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jaserx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m giving up until there’s an update. This is ridiculous. 

Ymulls
Guide
Guide
Same here, tried everything, deleted everything, rebooted everything still get uncertified accessory error
stsui
Guide
Guide

@Expedy  i am wondering ...

Had you experienced "uncertified accessory" before you reset and rename the basestaton?

I did try reset my phone/ipad/appletv/router/basestation/cameras and every smart device (homekit) but still can't get through the "uncertified accessory"....

rwarren1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I renamed the VMB4000r3 in the Home app and I still could not see the video when off wifi.  I deleted my VMB4000r3 base station from Homekit.  I renamed the base station in the Arlo app then reconnected  to Homekit.  I still could not see video when off wifi.  I deleted the base station from Homekit again.  Renamed it again in the Arlo app.  Now I cannot add it to Homekit.  I have changed the name back to the original name and it no longer shows up when trying to add it to Homekit.  I have restart everything multiple times.  Guess I have gone backwards.

scrytch
Star
Star

I also have the VMB4000r3 base station and cannot get past the uncertified error.

Jebjeb2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happened to me too. Everything deleted. Hours of rules and settings setup for every smart device. Luckily I was somehow able to get my iCloud Keychain to reset Arlo's catastrophe. I find it a bit insane that Arlo thinks that is an acceptable button to have available, and perhaps that Apple even allows this to happen. Reset HomeKit within the Arlo app should pertain to Arlo. I dont think most would believe this mean nuke everything. 

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I know it doesn't help you now, but there's an app that will create iCloud backups of your HomeKit settings (Controller for HomeKit). It's a little work when everything gets deleted, but far less than if you didn't have it. I use it because most of my devices aren't HomeKit compatible, and I have HomeBridge running on my NAS. HomeBridge occasionally loses everything (or used to before the new NAS box). 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/controller-for-homekit/id1198176727

Stroodle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed my pro 2 system onto HomeKit last night using my iPad, with difficulty, but it did work but couldn’t access anything via my iPhone. Thought I would reset and start all over just now but now run into the unauthorized accessory you are mentioning. Looks like I blew it. Looked pretty neat via the iPad while I had it.
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, I haven't.  Read here on this forum that many have.  I'm wondering if even though they are the same Base Station as all of us, it's a slightly different version somehow.  I can't make any sense out of it. 

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for that tip.  Is Homebridge compatible with Arlo and HomeKit ?  Some commenters said after they disabled/removed Homebridge, everything worked fine...just wondering

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yikes, sorry to hear that.  Did you reboot your home hubs as well (Apple TV, HomePod)?  I didn't go into HomeKit at all; just did all the reinstalling via the Arlo app. 

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Has anyone had any success interacting with your cameras via Siri?
rwarren1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not reboot my Apple TV.  I will give that a try tonight.  I was watching something on my Apple TV while I was playing with the Arlo so I didn't want to reboot it, lol.  

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
For the too brief time they were showing in HomeKit, I was able to tell Siri to show me xxx camera and it would turn show. Unfortunately, I am in the “uncertified accessory “ loop. I’m through troubleshooting for Arlo/Netgear and will wait them out for a fix to the numerous issues with HomeKit integration. It has been a very frustrating experience thus far.
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks. Yes can do that. Was trying for something like, “ Hey Siri, start recording on camera one.” No go.

Maybe when final version of IOS 13 comes out with ‘Secure Video’ we’ll be able to do that. Hopefully it’s in the next beta (7).

Fingers crossed...
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I don't know if it causes a conflict with HomeBridge or not, I have not been able to successfully add Arlo to my HomeKit (maybe that's why). However, if it is in conflict, Arlo will just not be going on my HomeKit. I have 38 devices that run through HomeBridge/SmartThings/HomeKit. All my other devices are way more important that Arlo. 

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good point. With 38 devices, I’d stick with Homebridge. I had thought Arlo worked with Homebridge before HomeKit? On Homebridge’s site, it shows Arlo as compatible...
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I haven't tried integrating Arlo directly in to HomeBridge, but I did pair Arlo with SmartThings when I first got it, and it was a bit of a disaster that I couldn't quite figure out. 

When Arlo is paired with SmartThings, since my SmartThings hub knows when we are home/away via various devices, sensors, etc, When I am at home, Arlo immediately goes in to disarm mode and nothing records. This isn't the behavior I wanted, as I want my front yard/driveway cams active 24/7. I couldn't figure out how to isolate the 2 cams out of being disarmed. Then at night when we go to bed, I also want all my cams to be armed overnight, which I could since it knew I was home and disarmed -- even though I use GeoFencing rules in the Arlo app, SmartThings still marked them as disarmed. It seemed impossible and not worth the effort to have it in SmartThings. 

It might turn out at HomeKit integration is the same way. I don't know though. I tried to pair it, and the first time it found my hub, but failed in the setup, and now it won't even see the hub at all. From what I am reading though, I am not sure it's really worth the effort to integrate my arlo in to HomeKit. I don't want to delete my hub and rename it, then have to do through all the rules and comlpicated scheduling I had to do to even get that to work. 

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hear ya. I think, like most new devices; it will be baby steps.  This is first system approved by Apple with battery powered cameras.

I can't get the separate motion sensors on the Arlo to work in HomeKit automation.  One of the commenters said he did.

I'm running IOS 13 Beta 6 on four of my devices and IOS 12.4 on one of them.  I don't detect any difference in HomeKit/Arlo use. Exception is IOS 13 HomeKit has a little different interface.

I hope the next IOS 13 Beta (7) includes the HomeKit 'Secure Video' update.  Maybe, that will solve all our issues...

rwarren1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Went home at lunch, rebooted my Apple TV, Arlo base station and iPhone.  Base station still does not show up as a device when I start the Homekit setup in the Arlo app.  Everything in the Arlo app still works fine on and off wifi.  I guess I should have left it just working with the iPhone, lol.