Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
I get the same thing and deleting but my accessories are still there
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Davey242 wrote:
I just tried the motion automation and it did work. There is a delay before homekit sees the motion and triggers the notification and automation.
Arlo app notification came a few second before homekit.

FYI all I did was update the arlo app, add the base/cameras when prompted within the app. The only setup issue I have is if I do to any device info in the arlo app, it will add a new temp home which I cannot delete

I had three homes set up in Home Kit and adding the Arlo did not add a Temp home for me.  Thankfully.

However, it did only add the base stations for the home in which I was located at the time.  I am now at a different home with a VMB3000 base station and an Arlo Q Plus.  It appears that neither of those has a Home Kit setting.  I did notice that the one base station that was successfully setup in my other home this AM when I started the app.  I could not set up the second base station during that initial process.  However, I later noticed the HomeKit setting in the Arlo app and I was able to add the second base station using the Arlo app in settings.  I also noticed the HomeKit settings don’t recognize the original Arlo cameras as HomeKit eligibile devices.  Only Pro and Pro 2 cameras qualify.

It is interesting that motion sensors and cameras are different devices in HomeKit 

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

FYI, someone just told me that they were also seeing the "No Response" for one of their cameras and he removed the battery for a few seconds and then put it back in and now is working just fine and he no longer gets the warning. 

I'll try that when I get home. 

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

"It is interesting that motion sensors and cameras are different devices in HomeKit "

Yeah, I was confused by this when I first started using Homekit. I have the Hue motion sensor, and it displays it as 3 separate devices: motion sensor, temperature sensor, and light sensor. 

Maxq104
Aspirant
Aspirant
I set up HomeKit integration this morning with no problem and my Pro and Pro2 cameras are visible in the Home app. However when I’m away from home, I am not able to communicate with those cameras with Home. I have two HomeKit hubs set up, a HomePod and an Apple TV 4K, so I should be able to see them.
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Im having the same issue, I get the "No Response" warning. When you get back home, try removing the batteries from your cameras and then see if that restart helps your cameras work better in the home app.

DeeZuL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the Arlo camera system is not certified for HomeKit. I believe this is the most logical reason why the Arlo is not working once you leave the local network that the camera system is connected to.

Since it’s not certified, Apple won’t allow it’s data to be transferred over its network/Datacenter to for remote management.

So I believe until it is certified for HomeKit we will just have to use it when we are on the local network.
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hmmm, Im not sure. Other users are not having issues with their cameras away from home. It seems to be a random issue. 

adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is not true. I’ve tested remotely and can view the preview update and live stream. If you are having remote issues, reboot your HomeKit hub (Apple TV, HomePod).
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good point, I totally forgot about the Homekit hub, which in my case its my Apple TV. I will start with the Apple TV and if that doesn't help, will restart all the cameras. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those having an issue getting this set up, in addition to restarting your HomeKit Hub, also consider restarting your Arlo Base Station.

After completing a reboot, try again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC You should pass this info to your chat tech support. I contacted them a few hours ago and the Arlo tech support person had no idea on what to do and all he kept telling me was to contact Apple and he kept blaming Apple for everything. He was getting annoying. 

I actually learned a lot from this community posts

DeeZuL
Aspirant
Aspirant
@adammiarka
You are the first person I heard of that didn’t have remote viewing issues in the Apple Home app

No good, a reboot didn’t help me.

You and everyone else that have no issues with remote viewing are fortunate.

What model Base Station do you have?
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DeeZuL did you rebooted your homekit hub, basestation, and cameras?

DeeZuL
Aspirant
Aspirant
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice
Currently have the VMB4000.
LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Someone actually has live streaming video on an Apple Watch on WatchOS 6 beta?  I can't get that to work on WatchOS 5 or earlier.  I have NEVER been able to get that to work on the Arlo Baby either.  (I take that back.  It will work if I turn off wifi and bluetooth on my iPhone.)

Maybe there is hope.  Maybe WatchOS 6 holds the key!  Plus now they will have a lot more customers trying to view on their watches.

adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice
Live stream via watch works on WatchOS 6.
LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

WOW!  Good things come to those who wait!

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
I will try that too when I get home in a couple hours. Thanks
Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice
Has anyone had trouble with automations using the Arlo motion sensors?

I can see the motion sensor trigger in Homekit but the automation is not triggering the light.

Will try a power cycle on all hubs and see what happens.
Roto_Head
Guide
Guide

@JamesC still not working, tried doing a reboot on everything, still getting the issue where it says the hub is not "certified"

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
Has anyone found a way to activate the Arlo Hub Siren? I only see the cam & motion added.... anyone get the siren to show up on HomeKit??
Davey242
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t have any issues viewing remotely.

One thing I can say is reboot everything.

Once I restarted my iPhone, I was able to delete all the temp homes that the arlo app set up. I had about 15 in there. When adding the arlo on one device and it not showing up on another device, rebooting the device it would work on resolved the issue. Rebooting the base station also helped with some things