Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Hello

I have an older Arlo 2 Pro with no HomeKit pairing code listed on the base station.  Sounds like a token reset would give me one.  Is that true?

If not, how would I obtain a code?

thanks,

Vince

173 REPLIES 173
iza1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Can you please reset my token?

bkhalterman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been trying to get Arlo cameras back into HomeKit for days now. I cannot add them through the app, as it just sticks on the screen saying it’s finding my cameras… there is no HomeKit pairing code, and so, I am stuck. I have all the latest software and firmware on all devices. Can you help me?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

SpazShark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I have 2 Arlo Pro cameras connecting to a VMB4000r3 base station. I'd like to pair this with HomeKit so I can use it with HomeAssistant. Can you please provide me with a token reset?

Thanks

Mike

bkhalterman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was this a reply to me?

SpazShark
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. Arlo support. Sorry if I replied to you by mistake.

LeRyman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need a token reset so I can reconnect to Homekit.

Thanks in advance!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SpazShark, LeRyman1

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit?cid=reddit&cid=reddit...

JamesC

LeRyman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That fixed the issue ... THANKS!!

Zzyzx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I’m stuck at discovering devices with my arlo pro 2.  Can I request a token reset for my device, please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zzyzx,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

dthomas946
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to get the 8-digit Pairing code for my BaseStation.  Where can I find that?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dthomas946 wrote:

I need to get the 8-digit Pairing code for my BaseStation.  Where can I find that?

Actually what you really need is a token reset.

bkhalterman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also need a new pairing code.  An you please rest my arlo hub?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dthomas946 and @bkhalterman I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit? Use the instructions for setting up without a code. 

SkyPad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I too reset my Arlo Pro Base WMB4000 after adding a an Arlo Home Security System and do not have a code in order to add it to Apple HomeKit. Can you please provide some assistance? Thank you so much!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit? Use the instructions for setting up without a code. 

SkyPad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much! It worked and it is set.

robferre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I'm also looking to get a token reset to get a pairing code for my VM4000

Thanks

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@robferre can you please dm me the email address that has the basestation attached to it. I am not seeing it under the email address that is provided.

SkyPad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brooke,

Could you kindly reset my base station. I know it was previously done and it worked but for some reason it lost communication with my cameras. Also, I have a 2 security base systems with a bunch of detection devices set throughout the apartment like front door and rooms. Are those able to be detected on HomeKit?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SkyPad  I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

This gives you more information on what can be used with the Homekit: https://www.arlo.com/da_dk/support/faq/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit

brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just ordered a 'refurb' SmartHub on Amazon (VMB 4540).  There is no HomeKit code on the device or in the documentation.

Please advise.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will want to follow these instructions:

To setup an Arlo device without a setup code:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App on your Apple device.
  2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select an Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station.
  4. Tap HomeKit.
  5. Select the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station you want to add to Apple Home.
    If you receive an Uncertified Accessory Error message, visit: When adding my Arlo Base Station to Apple Home, what should I do if I receive an Uncertified Accesso...
  6. Select a Home or tap Add New Home.
    If you don’t have a Home set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Home.
  7. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room.
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Room.
  8. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add devices or additional Base Stations.
  9. Continue through the setup flows to confirm the name and room placement for each device.
    Note: The name that you give each device is used for Siri commands. Choose a unique name that is easy to remember and pronounce.
  10. Confirm the name of the device.
  11. Tap Skip, or rename any other devices as needed.
  12. Tap Finish.
    Your devices are ready to use with Apple Home.
brewnote
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I tried that.  I can't get passed step 8.  It requires me to type a setup code or scan a QR code.  I don't have either.