Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Pairing Code

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Hello

I have an older Arlo 2 Pro with no HomeKit pairing code listed on the base station.  Sounds like a token reset would give me one.  Is that true?

If not, how would I obtain a code?

thanks,

Vince

169 REPLIES 169
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

James

Thanks.

I was able to setup HomeKit using the no code procedure; however, on the HomeKit side all the Arlo devices and rooms show up but show with a RED exclamation mark with a "No Response" message.

Vince

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

James

Okay - thanks. 

I was finally able to setup the HomeKit Bridge in Arlo; however, after all that the result was I still have found no way to share my Arlo Cameras via HomeKit so I can see them in Home Assistant.

It seems to me Arlo by DEFAULT appears in Home Assistant as a HomeKit Bridge for me to add.  When I try to add it to Home Assistant it asks me for an Arlo Pairing code. 

How can I get a pairing code to test it out?  Or do you have any other suggestions?

Vince

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

James

Here is what Arlo exposes to Home Assistant that I need help with:

arlo.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vlsech wrote:

Here is what Arlo exposes to Home Assistant that I need help with:

FWIW, you don't need a pairing code (despite the message).  What you need is a token reset.

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Stephen

I started with a token reset while allowed my to share with Home Assistant; however, that still did not allow me to fill ou the prompt in Home Assistant as it needs the code. (see above thread).

Vince

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Stephen

To add to my previous reply, I am trying to access my Arlo Cameras from inside of Home Assistant.  From my understanding I need the pairing code that is being requested inside Home Assistant.

When I did the token reset I was able to expose Arlo to HomeKit, when I scanned my Home Assistant code in HomeKit I  could see Home Assistant devices inside Homekit.

I want to go the other way and see Arlo in Home Assistant using the HomeKit Bridge.

Any suggestions?

Vince

Gebla
Aspirant
Aspirant

am now struggling with the same. How do I get this pairing code for the basestation?

Shadik
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add arlo to my Apple HomeKit and struggling to get it to work.

Base station doesn't have a bard code to be scanned so I'm doing it through the arlo app by following these steps:

settings>my devices>Base station>HomeKit.

it gets stuck on the screen saying "Discovering your device. Please wait" and does not move beyond it.

My base station model is VMB4000r3 

Firmware is 1.19.0.3_4074_68a8e53.

iphone is running iOS version 16.0.2

Please send me a token reset

Shadik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am trying to add  my arlo pro 2 base station to my Apple HomeKit and it is stuck on discovering devices screen.

Base station doesn't have a bard code to be scanned so I'm doing it through the arlo app by following these steps:

settings>my devices>Base station>HomeKit.

it gets stuck on the screen saying "Discovering your device. Please wait" and does not move beyond it.

My base station model is VMB4000r3 

Firmware is 1.19.0.3_4074_68a8e53.

iphone is running iOS version 16.0.2

Can you please send me a token reset

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shadik,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

KobiAndDavid
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I'm trying to get a homekit pairing code for my Arlo Pro base station that does not include a homekit barcode.  I am trying to use this to connect to Home Assistant.

If I understand correctly, I need a token reset for this?  Can you send one?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KobiAndDavid,

JamesC

Marc667
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Arlo Support,

I do have the same issue.

Could you please reset my token as well?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marc667,

JamesC

SArmstrong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as KobiAndDavid, and others. Could you send a token reset for me as well.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SArmstrong,

JamesC

Dmsetzer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am I able to get a resent too? I have an older device without a QR code. 

caangeles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would kindly request a token to allow my Arlo to work with Homekit

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dmsetzer, caangeles

JamesC

caangeles
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked! Thank you 

Kadisho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Could I also request a token reset, trying to connect to Homekit with my Arlo Pro.

Thanks,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kadisho,

JamesC

SSingh6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC 

I am also trying to add my Arlo pro-VMB4000 base station to Home Kit or Home Assistant How ever I am also having a similar issue like others, Would you please help me with the same reset if that is resolving the issue for others?

Thanks in advance.