Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Motorsportuk, Fishbulb00

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Motorsportuk
Guide
Guide
Thanks James, that worked, been trying to get that to work for weeks!
Motorsportuk
Guide
Guide
Hi, the token has enabled the VMB4000, but at the same time the VMB5000 has stopped working and both the camera and basestation are not responding to HomeKit (are fine in Arlo app) . Has the token done something to the VMB5000 in HomeKit?
DavesFaves
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC, could you please send me a token reset as well? I too am having fits with adding my Arlo base station to HomeKit.

Thank you.

Dave

Motorsportuk
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

I am still having issues, Homekit is now working on both my VMB4000 and VMB5000 which is great, however my library on the VMB4000 has now disappeared, it has intermittently returned a couple of times today but is still blank.  The only thing that has changed (other than me resetting my wifi router) is the token being sent to it for Homekit, please help?

Thanks, Andrew

DavesFaves
Tutor
Tutor

@Arlo, please help me with this ASAP. This issue should have been addressed FOR ALL OF US without having to find the fix and ask for it on your support site. Do better.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DavesFaves,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Motorsportuk,

If you're still experiencing an issue after i've sent you the token reset, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

dshoe3926
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar but different issue. I see the HomeKit option and can click it. However, the Arlo app then searches for my HomeKit compatible devices and just gets stuck. It never leaves this screen (screenshot attached). Never finds my base station or cameras, but also never gives an error message.

Jperson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to set up HomeKit and on the "Discovering your device" step, the app just hangs there with "Please wait".

Have verified firmware, as well as power cycled all devices (bridge, router, iPhone). I also reinstalled the Arlo app.  From what I gathered, it sounds like I need a new token sent to my base station, can someone assist? thank you. 

brlogan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC, will you please send the token reset for my device as well?

jwpowell44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there anyway @JamesC or anyone from Arlo could push the update token to me? I have been having the same issue for months.  Excited to learn that there might be some solution.

Thanks.

DavesFaves
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC, it didn't fix my Arlo. The instructions are confusing, by the way. Is my iPhone supposed to be near to the base station (I assume that this is what Arlo intends) or near camera? In several instances, the instructions refer to having "the Arlo Camera powered on and nearby."

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brlogan, jwpowell44

DavesFaves,

If you're still experiencing an issue after i've sent you the token reset, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.​​​​​​​

dshoe3926
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve tried everything except a full factory reset. I have a second Arlo base station that I added to HomeKit without any issue, but this one will not work.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dshoe3926

Since you have exhausted all troubleshooting options I can provide, I would suggest contacting customer support to investigate this further. I wouldn't want you to performa a factory reset if it is not needed. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

jwpowell44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Works great.  Thank you so much, @JamesC .

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @spatel9114

I received them thanks. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Andyx7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 VMB5000r5's that fail with the same "Uncertified Accessory" error. All seem to be on latest firmware.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone,

I have reset your base station tokens. Can you please try and add your devices again & let me know how it goes.

Thank you

Andyx7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 VMB5000r5's and all three show the same "Uncertified Accessory" error.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Andyx7

JamesC

Andyx7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, Great!!!

All 3 are working now. Thanks for your help.

Andy

flaquete
Aspirant
Aspirant

can I have this token resent to my base station for the HomeKit. I added 4 more cameras