Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
needarlohelp
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC, would it be possible to get my token reset please? I'm getting the same "Uncertified Accessory" error as well.

vstyver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you please send me a new token so I can add arlo to my homekit?

poyopoy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow. After all the hurdles with getting HomeKit setup, I ended up removing it as well, mainly because of the battery drain.

With my front camera which detects activity a lot since we’re near a park, I’m losing at least 5% battery in 1 day with HomeKit. When I removed it from HomeKit, I get between 1-2% a day.
RamKesha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello!

I have the same issue and the base station and cameras never seem to appear on the "Discovering your device" panel.

Since the solution was shared privately, I can't try it. Could you please share it too?

poyopoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

@RamKesha Sorry I forgot to put the solution for that part. Instead of plugging in the base station on a switch, I connected it directly to the router that broadcasts my WiFi. It helped my devices "find" the base station.

Gkay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000r3 and I cannot connect it to homekit.  

Could you please send me a new reset token so I can add arlo to my homekit?

Thanks

Aleatico
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC

I'm running into the exact issue. I'll need a token reset for my alto. Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aleatico,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Nathan9896
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a VMB4000r3 and I cannot connect it to homekit.

Could you please send me a new reset token so I can add arlo to my homekit?

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nathan9896,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Jpkuhlmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

I have the same issue. Will you send the token for my VMB4000r3 base station?

thanks!

jeff

JLuca620
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please also send me a token to fix this issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jpkuhlmann, JLuca620

JamesC

Facundo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I’m having the same issue. Can you please send me the token? Thanks for your help.

Facundo

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Facundo,

JamesC

Fjans
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

I’m getting the “uncertified accessory error.” on my basestation as well. Could I get a new token too?

Sincerely,
Frans.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fjans,

JamesC

Fjans
Aspirant
Aspirant
MikiP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, just got the ultra 2’s and I am running into the same HomeKit issues. Can @JamesC please help me out as well? Thanks!

KenDi19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC, it appears the my arlo pro 2 are also not abled to connect in Homekit. i’m using VMB4500r2. I need Your assistance Please. Thank You.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikiP, KenDi19

JamesC

huskyte
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also need a new token as it seems @JamesC 

thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

huskyte,

JamesC

bscardin
Star
Star

I had given up on fixing this problem months ago.  I think perhaps I need a new token as well?  @JamesC  can you do that for me?  Do I need to open a ticket first?

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bscardin,

JamesC