Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gerace, jmitchel20, Vrodfast, Arlod112, Gwdlynch

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JamesC Many thanks for this.  It works perfectly now.

Gwdlynch
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC - mine still does not work. Just spent an hour chatting with tech support too. I’ve tried uninstalling, rebooting, resetting, etc..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gwdlynch,

Please reach out to me in a private message with your support ticket info (ticket number / email address) and I will escalate as needed.

JamesC

Vrodfast
Aspirant
Aspirant
That did it thanks JamesC.
Arlod112
Aspirant
Aspirant
brad10sc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same issue. Can you send the token reset to my base station as well JamesC?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brad10sc,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

flaquete
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same problem... can you help?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

flaquete,

JamesC

smian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I’m getting the “uncertified accessory error.” Can you please send me a new token so I can setup my homekit.
kmcguire
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, I've had an unresolved ticket opened up for weeks on this exact issue.  Could you please send the token reset to my base station.  Thank you so much!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smian, kmcguire

JamesC

kmcguire
Aspirant
Aspirant
smian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Inkslinginmofo7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been reading about these token resets from a guy named James. I have tried absolutely everything and finally got my base station to show up when adding my arlo pro hub to Apple HomeKit. But no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the “uncertified HomeKit accessory” crap. I need a token reset to get rid of that and make it work good. Help James!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Inkslinginmofo7,

JamesC

felixsan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I’m getting the “uncertified accessory error.” on my basestation as well. Could I get a new token too?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

felixsan,

JamesC

chrisbrown1224
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please assist as have the VMB4000r3 and same issue as saying uncertified accessory. Any help would be great as this has being going on for months.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chrisbrown1224,

JamesC

felixsan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help James, that did the trick!

Mikaelhellqvist
Aspirant
Aspirant

Despite several attempts, I can't get the connection to work with HomeKit as it should. I get the warning that the base station is not certified.

Here's what I've tried:

* Restarting the base station

* Completely re-install my cameras and base station

* Getting a new token from Arlo and restarting the base station

* Tried to contact Arlo support but their site/chat is always down

Any ideas? 

jqnchvz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, I’m currently having the same issue everyone else is having with VM4000r3 and homekit. Can you send a token reset request to my base station too?

Thank you very much.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jqnchvz,,

JamesC