Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

Reply
speedracer43 Star
Star
What firmware version is now installed? I just checked the version on mine and it is still 1.14.0.2_2776
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
jonesaus Apprentice
Apprentice
1.14.1.0 as per screenshot
gugars Guide
Guide
Same here. Updated last night and now Homekit menu is gone. The problems are gone as well, but of course, no homekit integration.
Arlo should reconsider hiring interns to do this integration. The release was overdue, the function never worked, a lot of people spent days trying a fix ad now the functionality is gone.
I'm feeling like a clown being played by a company that can't even confirm the problem and that it's working on a fix.
rohanking Guide
Guide

My basestation just did the firmware update also. Now the base station is no longer being broadcast as a homekit accessory either (as in the home app no longer see's it when you try and add a new accessory)... So there's now no trace homekit is even a possility for my basestation..1 step back, 2 steps back, no steps forward...

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
DGArkie Apprentice
Apprentice
After seeing that a firmware update was being pushed out, I restarted my Basestation and the update was applied. I also rebooted my iPhone. HomeKit was still showing but I’m still getting the “Uncertified Accessory” error. Perhaps there will be an update to the app soon. See screenshot showing new firmware.
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
AncientGeek Hero
Hero

@DGArkie wrote:
After seeing that a firmware update was being pushed out, I restarted my Basestation and the update was applied. I also rebooted my iPhone. HomeKit was still showing but I’m still getting the “Uncertified Accessory” error. Perhaps there will be an update to the app soon. See screenshot showing new firmware.

My three Pro (VMB4000r3) base stations all updated to 1.14.1.0_2909_bfcf6c2.   

 

I still see my Pro and Pro2 cameras in HomeKit.  Cameras attached to one of my base stations still show in HomeKit as being “not certified for HomeKit”.  Cameras attached to the other two base stations do not report this problem.  The “offending” base station is in the same house as one of the “non offending” base stations.  I see no mention of HomeKit in the Arlo app device settings for any of these devices.

Hotsparks Apprentice
Apprentice

I can understand it being connected to a different router causing a Homekit issue. However mine is connected to the same network. I only have one. The only thing is it is connected to a switch. But I can’t see how that could be an issue. It does the same on my iPhone and iPad. 

Thanks

AncientGeek Hero
Hero

@Hotsparks wrote:

I can understand it being connected to a different router causing a Homekit issue. However mine is connected to the same network. I only have one. The only thing is it is connected to a switch. But I can’t see how that could be an issue. It does the same on my iPhone and iPad. 

Thanks


I have a more complex home network.  The base station that has the “not certified” error, is plugged into an 8 port, unmanaged Netgear switch which is then plugged into my Orbi router.  The base station in the same house that does NOT show this error, is similarly plugged into a 16 port, unmanaged Netgear switch which is also then plugged into my same Orbi router.   (Neither are plugged into a satellite).  My network as a whole is in the same IP subnet and all devices use the same DHCP server on the Orbi router.

DGArkie Apprentice
Apprentice
WOW!!
Yet another firmware update this morning! Has now reverted to 1.14.0.2_2776. However the HomeKit option is no longer there to install under My Devices. It still appears in “Settings” but only shows homes/rooms.
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Curtterp Guide
Guide
Check for updates on the Orbi router.

I recently updated the firmware on mine, and it is more stable for my garage door opener on HomeKit.

Hopefully that might help you too.
AncientGeek Hero
Hero

@Curtterp wrote:
Check for updates on the Orbi router.

I recently updated the firmware on mine, and it is more stable for my garage door opener on HomeKit.

Hopefully that might help you too.

Thanks.  I updated the firmware when I installed it a couple of weeks ago, but I'll check again to see if there is a more recent version.

ambroze72 Tutor
Tutor

Yep same here. It updated overnight and HOMEKIT is gone! I contacted support the other day and all they suggested was to remove my basestation and re-add everything. I'm so glad I got too busy and didn't do that. I wonder how mad the people that acutally got things to work are today, waking up to find out HOMEKIT is gone. Does this company have a clue what they are doing?

DGArkie Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine updated again and reverted to the previous release. Initially, HomeKit was gone after that but it has mysteriously reappeared but now can’t locate the base station. Lol.
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
CALLEN00 Star
Star
I have finally gave up on arlo working with homkit. How is this company not putting any information out. At least let us know your working on the issue. Something.
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
AncientGeek Hero
Hero

@CALLEN00 wrote:
I have finally gave up on arlo working with homkit. How is this company not putting any information out. At least let us know your working on the issue. Something.

Contrast that to Ring which publishes “incident reports” for certain types of issues.  An email is sent out when a problem is confirmed and another is sent out when the problem is resolved.  I receive several of these each month.

Locutus73 Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here.

I have a VMB4000r3 and previously I succesfully added it to HomeKit (with 5 Arlo Pro cameras).

Recently I addedd a doorbell and today I added an Arlo Pro2.

Adding the latest camera, the basestation was upgraded to 1.14.1.0_2909_bfcf6c2.

Arlo Pro2 was automatically added to HomeKit, but I got only video, no audio at all, so I tried to remove HomeKit support through Arlo App (iOS) and re-add it again, but, to my surprise, the HomeKit button was gone from the basestation, so I can't setup HomeKit integration again.

 

I'm very disappointed.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Highlighted
andyfive Tutor
Tutor

I updated my firmware and now the homekit option has disappeared as well.

 

VanDeZee Aspirant
Aspirant
I also had issues after the unsolicited firmware upgrade... I did a reset in my Arlo base, and my HomeKit can see my cameras again. So I suggest to try resetting base.
ChubbyTio Initiate
Initiate

Looks like the firmware update that was released yesterday removed the option to add to HomeKit. I purchased a new Pro 2 two pack for a friend and no longer see the option to add to add to HomeKit like on my system.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Dbensette Luminary
Luminary
No longer able to do anything with the system after this update.

Garbage until it is updated with decent software that works...
BenMere Tutor
Tutor

Ok it wasn't just me. I know longer am able to view my cameras through HomeKit. 

jonesaus Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m getting sick of this **bleep**
DGArkie Apprentice
Apprentice

The firmware version has changed a couple times in the last 3 days. In one change the HomeKit setup option disappeared. Later, it reappeared but the version had not changed. This morning I am seeing version 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a. The HomeKit option is there but still getting the "Uncertified Accessory" error. I have restarted both the basestation and my iPhone.  Sigh.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
AncientGeek Hero
Hero

@DGArkie wrote:

The firmware version has changed a couple times in the last 3 days. In one change the HomeKit setup option disappeared. Later, it reappeared but the version had not changed. This morning I am seeing version 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a. The HomeKit option is there but still getting the "Uncertified Accessory" error. I have restarted both the basestation and my iPhone.  Sigh.


Mine updated also and the HomeKit menu item has returned to the Arlo iOS app.

ASUpilot Aspirant
Aspirant

Indeep ... the HomeKit option is back again but 'Devices Found' continue to sping with no action after that.  With the long thread of extremely upset Arlo customers, one would think that Arlo would put a communication out there witha  timeline to get this resolved however this is too much for them.  This is the last time I am buying an Arlo product!  In the meantime, I have given up on connecting the Arlo camaras to my HomeKit ecosystem.  

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station