Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

377 REPLIES 377
spiderzaur
Tutor
Tutor
Exact same issue here with VMB4000r3. I am in Canada.
speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.

I only have one WiFi network. I have a TP-Link M5 mesh that I have disabled the 5G side, rebooted, restarted Arlo hub, restarted phone, reinstalled Arlo app. I am still stuck on Devices Found and the spinning wheel. 

Reilly_F
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue for me with R3.

Have reset the following:

-Base Station

-Applet TV (homekit hub)

-Homekit app

-Arlo app

-IPhone XS Max

Zero luck, sounds like back end arlo issue. Hopefully they give us an answer quick.

Ymulls
Guide
Guide
Same issue here in the UK. “Uncertified accessory”.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

We want to let you know that our development team is aware of the issue where some users are unable to get their HomeKit working with their Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras and is working to get this resolved. We will be sure to update the community once we hear any new information.

In the meantime, try to power cycle your Base Station and HomeKit Hub to see if that helps.

We also wanted to remind everyone that HomeKit is compatible with the Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras with the Arlo Pro Base Station (VMB4000/VMB4500). You can read more about our announcement here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras!

Roto_Head
Guide
Guide

@JessicaP  I'm not sure if it's part of the issue or if there is any difference at all, but most of us seeming to have an issue have VMB4000r3 as said in the title of the thread. Not sure if there is a difference between that and just VMB4000.

Likewise, I've tried power cycling everything, the Arlo hub, homekit. I've tried unistalling the app and reinstalling. I've tried removing all cameras to include my already homekit enabled Arlobaby, still didn't work. 

stsui
Guide
Guide

I have same issue when adding basestation/cameras to HomeKit- “Uncertified accessory”.

I had tried to add the basestation/cameras with resetting everything.

* Basestation - VMB4000r3 w/ latest firmware

* Apple TV - 3th & 4th generations 

* iPhone/iPad (either iOS 12.4/iOS 13 dev/public beta)

* Arlo App - latest version

* Arlo Cameras - Pro 2 x 5

Hope can get a workaround / resolution soon from Arlo support.

IMG_0221.PNG

KCDesert42
Guide
Guide

Once again, this, from Netgear/Arlo. Another failed execution at an update launch. You guys should hire us to test this junk for you. By the way, when I bought these cameras for $1000, I never expected to pay that much for something that half works as advertised. My services are available if you want to find these problems BEFORE launch.

Geekynerd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think it would have been better if HomeKit support didn’t come out. With all the resetting and reinstalling the community has done, a quicker post would have been ideal.
Rwoodru
Tutor
Tutor
I’m wondering if this is working differently for other people? I have updated my firmware and iOS app. The base station is recognized, but I get this error message and can not complete the HomeKit setup. Please help!
WillieJames
Star
Star

I am getting the same error message with the Base Station. Are the cameras supposed to show up in a list along with the Base Station? None are showing up now. If that's required, I would have to remove them from around the outside of the house & place them next to the Base station to get this to work.

Are there any explicit instructions on how to set Homekit up from within the Arlo app?

I have all the latest firmware & iOS app as well.

Scarahjs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Went to arm the cameras yesterday and couldn’t. Didn’t know about the HomeKit until I googled it. Why can’t they give you the option to skip HomeKit and just leave it as it was? I didn’t buy a security system to not be able to use it. Hopefully they get this crap figured out soon.
davechin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed update via my iPad. Now I have been able to add the cameras and base station into the Home app. I could then also see the cameras on my wife’s iPhone X, just like how I had set them up via my iPad. However, I have not been able to get these new camera views on my iPhone 7. Tried to set up from my iPhone 7, the Arlo app was not able to add cameras/devices to HomeKit. Have deleted and reinstalled both Home and Arlo apps on my iPhone 7 with no success.

Pinifinina
Tutor
Tutor
I am exactly the same as you! Go to work, try to use Arlo through Homekit, can’t be done, no response for the camera motion sensor, camera can’t do live feed either.
Pinifinina
Tutor
Tutor
Test it with your WIFI off, use your mobile data and see if it works.
Pinifinina
Tutor
Tutor
I am the same as you, when using mobile data, says no response for the motion sensor, camera can not do live feed or anything.
davechin
Aspirant
Aspirant
After my earlier posting, I became aware of a new update for the iOS. Updated my iPhone 7 and now I am able to see the cameras as they also are on my iPad.
Hoity-Toity
Guide
Guide

Same issue here. Cannot set up my r3 with homekit. It always asks to make a temp home and no matter what I choose the setup always fails.

bohden
Guide
Guide

Where are all the discussions about problems with Homekit connectivity that were here yesterday?

I was going to follow up on a discussion I saw yesterday.

Deleted by Arlo? If so, why?

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Rwoodru wrote:
I’m wondering if this is working differently for other people? I have updated my firmware and iOS app. The base station is recognized, but I get this error message and can not complete the HomeKit setup. Please help!

Try restarting everything, basestation, homekit hub, iPhone, etc... and try again

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Scarahjs wrote:
Went to arm the cameras yesterday and couldn’t. Didn’t know about the HomeKit until I googled it. Why can’t they give you the option to skip HomeKit and just leave it as it was? I didn’t buy a security system to not be able to use it. Hopefully they get this crap figured out soon.

Ok this seems to be a problem on your side. Homekit does not affect Arlo. Its the other way around. 

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Pinifinina wrote:
I am exactly the same as you! Go to work, try to use Arlo through Homekit, can’t be done, no response for the camera motion sensor, camera can’t do live feed either.

Restart your iPhone. That did the trick for me. If that still doesn't work, restart your hubs and basestation. 

yiluroy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exactly the same problem. What device do you use as your HomeKit hub? I am using an iPad and I notice that Arlo cameras do not appear in my iPad Home app (I set up my Arlo HomeKit on my iPhone), neither do they appear in the Home app on my wife’s iPhone with whom I share my Homekit devices. 

I suspect this this is the cause, and I have tried restart/reset my iPad, restart my base station... none of them work so far.

DDMast
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem as everyone else, don't bother with the rebooting, recycling or whatever waste of time is being suggested.  It's guesswork, not real work and won't be resolved until Arlo support stops blaming the customers' equipment and gets to work on the fix.

My Equipment:

Base Station

Firmware 1.14.0.2_2776

Hardware VMB4000r3

Camera

Firmware 1.092.0.23_32920

Hardware H14

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried again this morning by isolating. I unplugged both of my HomePods, AppleTV 4th gen, router, and Arlo Base Station. I also removed all other smart devices from the router. I plugged in one HomePod, I brought the router up connected only to the LAN modem. I then plugged in the Arlo Base Station and finally connected it to the router. I checked to make sure the HomePod was connected by checking the Home app, Arlo cameras were connected. So I took out my iPhone deleted/reinstalled Arlo app, restarted the iPhone and tried the HomeKit setup. Nope, just sits there with the spinning gear next to DEVICES FOUND. My setup is:

- TP-Link M5 mesh - latest firmware

- Arlo Base Station (latest firmware) connected to main M5 

- 6 Arlo Pro cameras (latest firmware)

- HomePod with 12.4 software

- iPhone XS Max on iOS 12.1.1