Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Jcjk
Follower
Follower

I've connected my arlo account with my google home app and all my cameras show up in the app however they all say "Not Responding"? I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting and same messages. Any ideas?

29 REPLIES 29
DisgruntledinFL
Guide
Guide
Same issue here. Worked fine a few weeks ago, but only noticed today. Tried EVERYTHING, unlink/reconnect account, clear cache, force stop,login/out...maybe problem arose with latest firmware update?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jcjk and DisgruntledinFL,

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

SeanAshmore
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue here, it did work but recently stopped, presumably because of the firmware update. Did you guys have any luck with support?
DisgruntledinFL
Guide
Guide
No luck with Support, told me to uninstall/reinstall both Arlo and Google Home apps in addition to unlink/relink BS. Tried those, no help. Might have to rename cameras I wonder, but I think problem is with new firmware update or Google's end.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you answer the following questions below:

• Do the cameras work normally work through the Arlo app?
  • What is your upload and download speed results from SpeedTest?
  • When did this issue begin? Did it work ever since then?
  • Are you on local WiFi or cellular data when trying? Is there any difference that happens between the two?
  • When loading the camera fails, does it spin or attempt to connect, or does it show "Not Responding" right away?
SeanAshmore
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi JessicaP,

Yes the cameras work fine through the Arlo app.

My Google Nest WiFi reports 108Mbps down and 9Mbps up.

The issue only started over the past few weeks for me though I haven't tried it in a few months. It worked for me earlier in the year.

Cellular Vs WiFi doesn't make a difference.

The spinner shows for around 7 seconds and then I get the "Not Responding" message.

Thanks!
DisgruntledinFL
Guide
Guide
Hi Jessica,

Same info basically as Sean above..

-cameras work fine through Arlo app
-Wifi speeds are fast and same as I've had for a while and not affecting 25+ other devices in home
-issue started I believe after the base firmware update to 1.16.2.4_3505_f4757f1
-Cell vs wifi no difference
-get both immediate and "spinning" blue circle attempting to connect with eventual "Not responding"
asmadi
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Do the cameras work normally work through the Arlo app? >> Yes it does
  • What is your upload and download speed results from SpeedTest? >> download : 16MB upload 1Mb
  • When did this issue begin? Did it work ever since then? it worked maybe 2 times from 6 months to now
  • Are you on local WiFi or cellular data when trying? Is there any difference that happens between the two? >> yes on wifi
  • When loading the camera fails, does it spin or attempt to connect, or does it show "Not Responding" right away? >> For me it says sorry, it looks like the stream is currently not available 
Noonan05
Guide
Guide
Same issue for me

The integration has always been slow and spotty now it just seems broken.
DisgruntledinFL
Guide
Guide
I actually had seamless integration from around April when I connected it, until around 2 weeks ago near the firmware update to ...f4757f1. The newest base firmware update the other day to ..62dfaa0 didn't repair it. Does anyone know what latest firmware is for cameras? I think I'm current with 1.125.14.0_34_1189.
kanuckyoda
Initiate
Initiate
    • They all work normally through the app
    • 30 MBPS
    • It has never worked. I installed the cameras a month ago ( June 15th, 2020) and the doorbell last weekend ( July 26th, 2020)
  • Are you on local WiFi or cellular data when trying? Is there any difference that happens between the two?
    • I tried both with the same results
  • When loading the camera fails, does it spin or attempt to connect, or does it show "Not Responding" right away?
    • It does attempt to c onnect first
bpullen
Tutor
Tutor

I'm also experiencing this issue. I really hope fixing it doesn't end up as protracted as the last time!

Yes they do.

First noticed a week or so ago and hasn't worked since. It was working fine and has been since the fix back in March.

The problem occurs whether on home Wi-Fi or cellular.

It attempts to connect for a few seconds then returns a 'Not responding' error.

bpullen
Tutor
Tutor

I'm experiencing the same issue. I hope resolution isn't as protracted as it was last time!

Yes, they do.

First noticed about a week ago and it's been broken since then. It had been working fine following the fix back in March.

Problem exists on both home Wi-Fi and cellular.

It displays 'Connecting' for a few seconds, then returns a 'Not responding' error.

jdhtexas
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue as everyone else - purchased and installed about 1 month ago - not worked since - also numerous other issues with app itself that belongs in another forum. Arlo hardware seems to be fine, but many issue with app.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for everyone who answered the following questions on my previous post. The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports on this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JonCl
Tutor
Tutor
I am also have the same issues. Installed camera's a week ago and haven't been able to get them working on Google home
micbun20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any new updates on this? Recently bought nest hub but won't connect too google home

shadowsjc
Guide
Guide
I bought the Arlo pro 3 a month ago but just got around to installing now. I am having the same issues of "not responding" when trying to view the stream on my Google home app an Android Samsung Galaxy s8.

The video works fine in the Arlo Android app however.

I have the latest firmware on both the base station and the camera.
DisgruntledinFL
Guide
Guide
Tried this function today on Google Home app on my Samsung Note 9 (Verizon) and it finally works again. The last GH app update was Aug 2nd so I'm positive that wasn't the "fix". There was a Google app update 5 days ago on Aug 12th so that may have been the fix as I can't recall trying the function in the last week. I currently have an Arlo app update(2.19) in queue, but haven't installed it yet. I will report back here if it breaks as a result of Arlo 2.19 update. Wondering if anyone else has the function working again?
jdhtexas
Initiate
Initiate

Mine is now working. Assuming an update was released with the fix.

Chelala
Guide
Guide

Not in my case.

Camera Preview in iOS Google Home App still failing with app (which is updated), same with Google Home Hub

Also Apple Home is working as expected in all my devices.

Hope this get fixed.

regards,

bpullen
Tutor
Tutor
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to update everyone that using Google Assistant through your Android device and view your Arlo camera live stream should now be working. Please let us know if you're still receiving this error on Android devices.

The development team is still working on fixing the issue where you're receiving an error showing "Not Responding" on iOS devices. We appreciate everyone's patience about this.