Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lyre
Initiate
Initiate

Amazon Show 5 does not display video feed. Only audio. It used to work. Tried resetting devices, removing/adding cameras, and upgrading software. Nothing works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to update everyone that the development team deployed an update and you should now be able to view your Arlo camera's live stream on your Amazon Alexa device.

If you're still experiencing the issue, try to disable your Arlo-Alexa skill and re-enable it to see if that helps. Otherwise, feel free to let us know.

View solution in original post

184 REPLIES 184
luckyvaliin
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I have a Arlo Pro (with 5 cameras) installed and 3 Alexa devices well integrated and working fine past 1 year in my home. Recently I notice a issue while i am asking "Alexa, show me front camera" (or any other camera of 5) it doesn't show up the camera. The echo screen shows up something like it is trying to connect and i also hear the audio from the camera but the video never streams. I tried several methods like

1) restarting the arlo base station and cameras.

2) Changing the passwords.

3) Disabling/re-enabling arlo skill on alexa.

But nothing works.. Please suggest me what can i do with this issue.

Thanks

Vali

techit
Initiate
Initiate

When trying to display cameras on Echo Show it states "waiting on Arlo" and has sound, but no video. This worked previously. I've tried to unlink and relink, removed and rediscovered cameras, restarted cameras, tried different cameras and Echo Show devides. Any suggestions? Thank you

GreatMilenko911
Initiate
Initiate

I'm in the same boat, just purchased multiple Echo Devices (Show and Show 5) for this feature and have the same issue....Have sound but no video.   I have reset the Arlo Hub, Factory Defaulted both the Show and Show 5.  Removed the Arlo Skill and Re-added skill.  Removed camera's in the Echo app and re-discovered.   Reset Network router....at this point.... 

Is this a bug?

WINEOH
Guide
Guide
Same problem here. Out of frustration called Echo for help. Over three days they worked with me on several options. BTW seems like they have great customer service. But all fixes they had me try nothing worked. Told them I have audio but only screen shot of last time connected properly. They called back today and said problem seems to be with Arlo Skill. Told me to call Arlo support at 408-638-3750. Gonna try but really don’t think I’ll get anywhere. Arlo NEEDS to update this skill with a fix for OUR issue. Only had minor issues with cameras when Arlo was with Netgear but since Arlo now independent nothing but SH*T. Also wondering if ANYONE from Arlo reads these posts??? Very sad situation for us all who depend on our camera feeds......
Koella
Initiate
Initiate
Omg I have the same problem, it just keeps saying “waiting for arlo” SOMEONE FIX THIS!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is looking into reports where Amazon Alexa is not showing the camera's live stream but only hearing the audio. Once we hear more information or update, we'll be sure to let the community know.

Meechmom
Star
Star

Just got my new Echo Show 5 and having same problem. Audio but no video from my 5 Arlo Pro cameras. Please fix!

Arlouset951
Initiate
Initiate
I bought an echo show 5 after seeing it advertised that it works with arlo. After setting up the link it will not pull up the cameras. It just says "waiting for arlo". According to Amazon this is an issue on Arlos side. Very disappointing.
c340-pilot
Initiate
Initiate

Having this problem also on Arlo Pro 2 when asking Alexa to show a camera that has been correctly discovered.  Amazon Echo Show 2nd Gen. There is a successful result about 10% of the time, otherwise Echo Show seems to continue "Waiting on Arlo" for perhaps 30 minutes before silently returning to the HOME screen.  I noticed the Arlo App shows an updated camera image at the time I made the Ask to Alexa so it is hearing the ask, but something is preventing the video from reaching the Echo Show device.

d12bn
Star
Star
d12bn
Star
Star
Just purchased a echo show today. All I get is sound. Guess I’ll be returning it
DJEmergency
Guide
Guide

Same issue here. I get sound but no video feed.

Kaboom214
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the exact same issue here. Just got an Echo Show 5 on sale and can’t even see any of my cameras, just getting audio and “Waiting for Arlo...”
Can verify this skill used to work 100% a few months ago on my Echo Spot.

Also just a note, Google Home app or Hub doesn’t even work at all, just keeps saying “connecting” and after a minute or 2 it says “Offline”.

I’ve dropped too much money already so it’s too late to boycott Arlo. I regret not going with Eufy now though, they seem to be able to manage integration with Alexa and Google Assistant with no issues.
DJEmergency
Guide
Guide

I just bought this product yesterday... I've been working hours to get everything working... Sometimes the camera just randomly stops working with the Arlo app while it works for my Google Home, Then my front yard camera doesn't work with Alex while the back yard works, while BOTH work with Apple HomeKit.. It's all a mess and it's issue after issue.. If it doesn't work with the Arlo app it doesn't record anything, but I get notifications through it? It makes no sense..

nuclearcaramel
Guide
Guide

Just another person having the same issue. Worked fine for over a year, then the last 2 weeks or so stopped showing video feed on any of my Alexa Show devices. Please fix!

crowgirl
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue. I can only get audio on my Echo Show. I purchased the Show on Friday and was able to get my cameras to display on it. Then Saturday morning, they stopped displaying. The screen shows the message “waiting on Arlo.”
DJEmergency
Guide
Guide

I decided to return it. I spent around $500 for a whole security setup and nothing is working properly. I've been at it since yesterday trying to get everything working right and it only lasts for a few hours until something fails.

Lyre
Initiate
Initiate
When is the fix coming? The only thing keeping me with Arlo is the free cloud service
Jobowe
Star
Star

Add me to the list of Amazon Show 5 users having this issue.  Arlo continues to be a mess.  Been using it for two years now and it is just one problem after another with horrible customer support.

alneale
Initiate
Initiate

My Amazon Show is not showing video from Arlo cameras, only audio

Jaxscotty
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue sound with no video. Arlo pro 2. Echo show.
MuddsFawaz
Guide
Guide

So apparently, this is something new happening.  I have four cameras around the house and now the two that are sound capable only have sound and no picture.  Has anyone found a solution yet?  This is ridiculous as I have tried everything, from adding and deleting, resetting netgear and cameras as well as the Amazon Shows.  Nothing seems to help but the common denominator is that the two cameras not working are the ones that have sound and only let me hear the background and no video.  I hope they resolve it.

bigirishape
Tutor
Tutor

following this for updates, same issue here

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

The development team would like more details on the problem you're experiencing with your Arlo cameras and Amazon Alexa devices. Please provide the following information below:

• Which Arlo camera are you experiencing this problem?
  • Which Amazon Alexa devices are you experiencing this problem?
  • Is the problem related with hearing the audio only?