Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Holford
Follower
Follower

Brand new Arlo Pro 2 & base-station cannot connect to / discover HomeKit, out of the box.

I've been through phone-support twice since receiving my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Thursday night, but am hoping I can expedite the solution as I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support person to call me back as none were available tonight...

How the issue manifests:

After setting-up both Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Hub (VMB4500r2) via the Arlo app on my iPhone, I went to setup the HomeKit integration via the Hub's settings. However, I perpetually see the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' screen instead.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Reboot Arlo Hub (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot Arlo Pro 2 cameras (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot home WiFi (via management app & power-cycle)
  • Soft-reset iPhone
  • Uninstall & re-install Arlo app
  • Use second iOS device (iPad Pro)
  • Restart Apple HomeKit Home Hubs (Apple TV, iPad Pro, and HomePod)
  • Confirm all Apple hardware is up-to-date with software
  • Confirm all Arlo hardware is up-to-date with software & firmware
  • Confirm all devices are on same WiFi network
  • Confirm all existing (25+) HomeKit devices are connected & responding
  • Place cameras, Hub, and iPhone within inches of each other
  • Leave iPhone on above 'Discovering your device...' screen for 30-45 minutes

Arlo support experience:

I've been on two different phone calls with Arlo support, which (to be honest) has not been fantastic. I've spent about 90mins on the phone on two different days, and spent about 50-60mins of that on hold. I've repeated all the steps numerous times, and the very first email follow-up I've received just tells me to follow the KB article on how to set-up HomeKit... 

I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support engineer to call me back 'within a few days' as none were apparently available tonight.

I've done plenty of my own research both here, as well as on the /r/arlo subreddit, and it does appear this is a known issue with a number of Arlo Pro 2 kits, wherein the Hub needs a new Apple HomeKit Certificate issued remotely, with many saying they can have this resolved once this is confirmed within 20mins.

I'm hoping that someone (perhaps the fabled JamesC of this support forum) can help me in resolving this...

Many thanks for any help you wonderful people can give!

405 REPLIES 405
Fizzmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. JamesC can you reset mine as well? Thank you.
foxilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, JamesC.  I would greatly appreciate a token reset as well, as I am having the same issues as many others with VMB4000r3.  Thanks for your help.

Phunkadilic
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC, I’ve been dealing with this issue for over a year now. Mind doing the token reset with ours as well?
Phunkadilic
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC, please disregard.  Contacted live chat and they were able to do this for me.  Will post back if I run into any more issues.  Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ACTN, KMAS_00, Dragondav, Sigalert, DeanTran, Fizzmaster, foxilla

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Fizzmaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JamesC. That worked perfectly. I am now back in business.

KMAS_00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, JamesC. Now it works again.

Best regards

Marcus

KMAS_02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, JamesC. Now the base station works with HomeKit again.

Best regards

Marcus

Phunkadilic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resetting the token does the trick!!! It’s been over a year and I had lost hope. Glad I stumbled upon this! You can also use live chat if you want more immediate results. Thanks, JamesC!
markg61326
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

markg61326,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

vikikavisal
Aspirant
Aspirant

May I also have my token reset? I am also stuck on the "Discovering your device. Please wait." screen. 

jjcheramie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the token update to my base station but it did not resolve adding my cameras to Homekit.

When I go through the setup, my base station is added as a bridge without a problem but my cameras are not added.

I just get the base station in Homekit.

Jami

Dragondav
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here even after reset token Im still stuck on “Discovering your device. Please wait.” Screen.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vikikavisal,

jjcheramie, Dragondav

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

tbellvfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you mind resetting my token? I seem to be having the same issue.

tbellvfl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Disregard please. The support team reset my token and I’m back up and running again.
Peaviner
Aspirant
Aspirant

May I also have my token reset, again? Maybe this should be something we can do on our own?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Peaviner,

JamesC

Justin-S
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC, can I get a token reset request sent to my base station? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Justin-S,

JamesC

Jjvance1995
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC,

Can I get a reset on mine? I have been experiencing the same issue.

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jjvance1995,

JamesC

Yocoyani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC

I'm also experiencing this problem. Can I get a token reset request sent to my base station? 

Thank you very much!

arloplato
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC

I'm also experiencing this problem. Can I get a token reset request sent to my base station?