Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
Jon06chris01
Aspirant
Aspirant

tleblanc64
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just downloaded the latest update on my iPhone Xs and still can’t stream and play the recorded videos.. This is ridiculous that this issue for iPhone X has not been resolved,. Contacted Arlo support and they’re clueless to the issue and don’t know when it will be resolved.. Useless security cameras. Time to remove all Netgear products from my house and replace with products that actually work!
ozmale1
Star
Star

@Ziggurat wrote:
It’s unbelievable that they haven’t fixed this after two app updates. They have had ample time. It should have been updated before the phone even came out. We paid a lot of money for these cameras and they’ve been right next to useless for over a month!! This is unacceptable. I guess they spent all their resources coming up with new ways to squeeze money with subscription services instead of maintaining products that people have already purchased. This is how you lose customers!!

The Arlo business model is not interested in keeping customers just attracting new ones. As sadly you can see it works pretty well.

spunkybart001
Initiate
Initiate

It's been several weeks since the iPhone XS was released, so it really surprises me that the issue with videos not playing hasn't been resolved -- the last release notes made me think it might be fixed, but sadly no.  

If I can't watch the videos on my phone, then it mostly defeats the purpose of the cameras for me.  Watching the videos from a computer browser is a workaround, but not a great one.

Just a few weeks ago, I was about to buy another Arlo camera, but this issue stopped me.  And now I'm thinking of looking at other vendors.

Fiffo
Guide
Guide
Support just told me they fixed it and it will be available Oct 30th
migone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Running with iOS 12.1 beta program, in the video library, video is static for 2-3 seconds while sound is playing. After that video plays normally.

Alkstål
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. iPhone XS.

This must be solvet asap!

Alkstål
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. iPhone XS.

This must be solved asap!

tleblanc64
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to play the videos is now crashing my iPhone. I can’t believe this issue has been taking a month to resolve. My cameras are literally useless! Between this and the constant recharging of the batteries these cameras are expensive pieces of JUNK! I’m done with Arlo and Netgear! Arlo please refund me subscription cost for the last month!
chanfoli
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is terrible! Just got an iPhone XR and while I have been disappointed by the shortcomings of Arlo for the past 2 years or so, this is a whole new level of disappointment. Can't even browse to view cameras in Safari or Chrome because the app/device id disallows and redirects view camers to the app. I am furious! I will leave it at that since getting banned here won't help.
rolle83
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't read all 24 pages but have anyone opened a support case about this? All I´ve read so far is that it´s alot of ppl with the same issue.

// Rolle

MikeMcKee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same experience for my XS Max starting yesterday after an automatic app update.

Mscottspegal
Aspirant
Aspirant
My videos in the Library won’t play on my IPhone XS Max? Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.
xxx111xxx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could you give us an update please. It’s been a few weeks.
MikeCloudsdale
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the following reply from Arlo on Twitter this morning...

We recognize the displeasure on this matter. Rest assured that the development team is working toward a resolution. Please standby for updates.

Of course “displeasure” is quite some understatement,

MacMad
Tutor
Tutor

AKA "We recognize the displeasure on this matter. Rest assured that the development team are waiting for Apple to issue 12.1 to fix this for them. Please standby for updates (from Apple)."

MitchG615
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having this same problem, but only with my wireless camera,  the videos from my Arlo Q wired camera play fine. 

I have read on another thread from someone who installed the ios 12.1 beta 4 on their phone that it resovled the problem. And now it looks like ios 12.1 is going to be released tomorrow (10/30)  so updating to that when it comes ouit should solve the problem.  

beausoleilb1
Tutor
Tutor

I have the iPhone XS and installed IOS 12.1 Beta 5.  Videos are playing again.  

migone
Aspirant
Aspirant

@beausoleilb1

Are you sure that all is running correctly ? 

I mean, I'm using XS Max with ios 12.1 beta 5 too. The 2-3 first seconds of video are static (like a picture) and after that plays normally. I just miss the 2-3 first seconds of the videos and that's very annoying.

Freddan43
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo videos won’t play on new iPhone XS MAX
After switching to a new iPhone XS Max yesterday, My video library wont work on the phone app. When I try to play a video, it acts like it’s playing, but the video is just a still. The same videos still work on my iPad. Also, it has even caused my phone to reboot a few times when I try to play the video. I have took the app off and reinstalled it but that didn’t help. Any ideas?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IOS 12 has been casing issues with vids, Arlo is aware of it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
beausoleilb1
Tutor
Tutor

@migone Yes it plays the entire video from the beginning for me.  I jsut watched another video just to confirm.  All my custom modes work; All my new and past videos work as well.  

iPhone XS

IOS 12.1 Beta 5

KB-
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem with my new Xs.
makeupcat
Guide
Guide
iOS 12..1 is now publicly available. I just downloaded it and all works fine. Do the update and everybody get on with your life. Relieved it’s now working. Apparently an apple problem after all
polancopete22
Aspirant
Aspirant