Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
SL23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo library will not play video clips on iPhone Xs?
Mccauley444
Guide
Guide

I installedd the 12.5 beta and the problem is fixed

MacMad
Tutor
Tutor

Seems like Arlo are just going to wait until 12.1 rather than fix the issue for non-beta testers.

ctrack
Luminary
Luminary

Seems like that’s passing the “buck”....

ozmale1
Star
Star

@MacMad wrote:

Seems like Arlo are just going to wait until 12.1 rather than fix the issue for non-beta testers.

I told you so, Arlo NEVER update their apps or firmware unless its to support a new product.  Look at all the treads and complaints etc, none are ever resolved by arlo.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @NIkkiG168,

What iPhone are you using? Are you also experiencing this issue through the web version on your computer?

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
How do you explain this then in the Arlo App version history?

ozmale1
Star
Star

@Zandian wrote:
How do you explain this then in the Arlo App version history?

If you read between the lines of the release notes(sometimes release notes are impossible to find) there is always a reference to support or future support. And off course with apple always changing the IOS small profile changes have to be made for the app to even work.  Just look at the thread list very few if any are ever resolved, always some forum member comes ut with a work round. 

NIkkiG168
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using an IPhone XS Max. I can view recordings on my computer just not through the app anymore. Have tried to reinstall app and still not able to playback.
richld01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, but on my iPhone. It started when I got the new iPhone XS currently running on iOS 12.0.1 and using the Arlo app version 2.6.0 I have tried everything I can think of to fix it and am still not having any luck. Please help.

Britdiver66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just upgraded my phone from a iPhone 6 to an iPhone XS. Since then the video will not play back in the Arlo app on my phone. It was working on the iPhone 6 with iOS 12 and is still working on my older iPad that is also running iOS 12. 

Please fix/help asap as there is little point in using the system if the app on my phone no longer works. Thanks in advance .

Britdiver66
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is NOT an iPhone XS Max. Just the regular XS.

mathisje
Tutor
Tutor

Try Firefox browser.

pgelie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem.  I have an iPhone XS running IOS 12.0.1 and I can not play the video recording from the arlo APP. Sounds like an APP issue, can someone from Net Gear find a patch?

richld01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion, but that is not helpful. I do not want to use a web browser to view my recordings. My issue is on the mobile app on my phone, not on a tablet or computer. 

Mccauley444
Guide
Guide

12.1.x fixes it

Britdiver66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also the recent big app update did not fix the issue. It didn’t work on the old version of the app and still doesn’t when using the latest version.

pgelie
Aspirant
Aspirant
The latest OIS release is 12.0.1 to the best of my knowledge. Has anyone seen a 12.1 IOS release.
sjshoes
Aspirant
Aspirant

As requested in last post, I'm having playback issues on my original Arlo cameras, using my iPhone Xs Max running ios 12.0.1.   recordings have always worked prior to this new iphone. Getting terribly frustrated!!!

Mccauley444
Guide
Guide

12.1.x fixes it.   I installed beta 5 and it's working

Vortex123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sinky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue, cannot view any videos since getting the iphone XS, tried re-installing the app, turning everything off etc. guessing the app needs to update to work with the ios?

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have to unsubscriibe to this thread. Just too many update emails with people reading the title and writing replies without actually digging into the thread a bit to find there is a fix.
rkaplan
Aspirant
Aspirant

support just gives the run around-the have no clue how long it will take to fix the iphone x bugs

MacMad
Tutor
Tutor

They are passing the buck and waiting for iOS 12.1 to come along.